South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 06:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend! - July 23 and 24

Hey! Grab a coffee and join me on the deck. It's gorgeous out there and the Girls are very frisky and loving this morning. It really cooled down overnight. I even had to put on a blanket after sleeping with a sheet or even no sheet over me.

I don't have to go to the Fair until noon, barring emergencies, so plan to do some gardening (alias weeding!) and will get to the Library too.

What's on your agenda for this lovely Saturday morning?
Old 07-23-2005, 06:13 AM   #2  

Evening Chickies

Hi Ruth - the library sounds nice.. hope your day is lovely!

I just finished the new Harry Potter this afternoon... now it is back into the university books - we start lectures again next week.

We are moving house.. not to crazed about all of the packing, but we are really getting rid of lots of stuff - which is wonderful!!!! The new house is great as well... totally surrounded by parkland with wonderful walking trails and play gyms for my daughter...

Can't wait to get moved and get back on Phase 1...
Old 07-23-2005, 06:57 AM   #3  

Oh what a Beautiful Morning ..Oh what a Beautiful Day! It's cool here and the birds are chirping along with this Morning Lark!

Ellis/Ruth: We need a Canuck dictionary what with all these Kips, Doss, Spotted Dicks (yeech) and what the Figgy duff is a figgy duff??

PearsydewPurplePepperEater
... Read your bio, you crack me up.. ! PULEZE you and I could have a lovely debate on the political landscape ....now get back to playin in the dirt!

Sarah: Too funnie bout your nighshirt, I've done the same... nothing like flashin the neighbors a big ole shiny moon!

Phins: 2 FINS UP GIRL U GOOOOOOOO
GetSerious: Hope you passed up that Wine with no Whine
GOFISHIN: Oh man how you make me laugh when I can decipher gfshn dlct..lv ur bio!!!hp U hd a lvrly dy bng jst bched 4 once!
KO: yep, you can't stop peein and you cant start poopin on phase 1
Jenn: sorry to hear about your dramaqueen
Barb: Excellent news about Brian ! Im sure alot has to do with the good whole foods you are providing.
Val: So glad that you found exercise to be something to look forward too.. It's YOU Time...It's amazin how quickly the body responds when treated well!
Bamie and all you other Crazy Chicks out there.
.. Have a fabulous weekend!
It seems there are quite a few of us packing and moving (Good Luck Artemis2).. Today , yep more packing for us... DH has a telephone interview this morning..so send Good Vibes please!
DH (Ken) has taken to calling me "Sluggo" ....

In a while Crocodiles!
Old 07-23-2005, 08:15 AM   #4  

No wine, no whine. I was good and down .5 this morning. Happy me!

Ruth, I'll have to emerge from my air conditioned shelter here to see if it's cooled down at all. What a week it's been!

At least 2 more parties this weekend, but nothing I can't handle. There should be SBD-friendly stuff at both of them.

Have a great OP day/weekend ladies.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:19 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Wake up, Bamie!!

Hey, girls.

Ruth, it is BEAUTIFUL out there! I woke up at 3 am a little chilly, turned over to DH's side of the bed, and discovered I was sleeping with a nine-year. I thought he was dead. He didn't have any blankets on, was lying flat and straight out on his stomach, and he was cold to the touch. I spent a frantic couple of minutes jiggling him until he moved. God, it's stressful being a parent. heh heh heh.

Artemis, we've missed you, hon! You know, I thought you'd "lost it" for a minute there with the "good evening" post. Sleep well.
Your new place sounds absolutely beautiful.

Sluggo, we'll define our language if you'll explain how it is that you each have a gun in your glove compartments/purses/night stand tables. (have I been watching too much Court TV online?)

Val, that's great news regarding the exercise! You almost (and I stress "almost") become addicted to it. It's like your body/brain is craving it.
Mine can't remember what it is at present, so I don't have that problem.

Kissy, I almost started a thread wishing you a Happy Wedding. I forgot that it's your business.
I hope it goes well this weekend!

Jenn, congratulations on getting rid of the "aquaintance"! Some people are just drains on our lives.
I once sent (I still can't believe I had the gall to do this) a "dear John letter" to a woman who thought we were friends. She was a real complainer, a dumper, and a very angry and agressive wife/mother/friend.
She was the reason I first got an answering machine years ago. I was stressed every day anticipating her calls.
I'll never forget the time her family invited ours over for dinner... she'd asked me to show her how to make bread in her kitchen. I took over all of the ingredients, proceeded to set up in her kitchen, and she said, "DON'T spill anything on the floor. DH just washed it."

We've got relatives (undesirables) coming in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to wizz around the house getting some stuff done before they come.
Funny how you could care less about the state of your house when it's people you REALLY love, but when it's people you can't stand, the house has got to be PERFECT!

So tell me. When your married BIL kisses the back of your neck when you're alone in the kitchen together, is that weird and sick and gross, or am I blowing things out of proportion?
Old 07-23-2005, 08:20 AM   #6  

Lydia, I missed your post... yay on the 1/2 pound! Be strong this weekend, girl!!
Old 07-23-2005, 09:36 AM   #7  

Ellis, I'd have to go with YES to all of the abpove on that one! DH brother or sister's hubby?
Old 07-23-2005, 09:38 AM   #8  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey ladies! I posted a long post earlier replying to everyone personally but I don't see it anywhere!! Oh well! I'm down 2 lbs..woo hoo!!! I just changed my ticker to one lb though to see if it sticks when I weigh on Monday! After my stall I just really needed to see that dang thing move in the right direction. It's amazing how hard it is to make the scale go down but its oh so easy to let it go up.

I was sooo hungover this am...from only 1.5 cosmos last night...guess my tolerance is down due to lack of alcohol in the diet ! Well, I've already drank 24 oz of water to rehydrate myself and am feeling much better!

I've decided to go on to P2....very carefully. Just one fruit and low GI starch..no bread, it's a trigger for me. I ate a mango this am and am waiting for my broccoli, egg substitute cheesy thing to finish baking.

Have a great day on the beach and don't get sunburned!!!
Old 07-23-2005, 09:47 AM   #9  
beachbum

Yipeeeeeeeeee Chickes

I can finally walk along the beach this morning now that we have cooler temps.Missed my walks,always relying on my tapes and my bike.

Well nothing exciting happening at my end of the woods.Expect for cleaning & housework UGHHHHHHHHHHHH I should have done of during the week but it was to Hot to get things done. Going out with my friends for our usual Sunday Brunch,and than finishing reading my book"To Tame a Wolf"

Artumus-your new house sounds beautiful with all the woods tree & walking paths. Good Luck and best wishes in your new home.

Ruth & Ellis- Happy to hear your cooling down also.

Schatzi Good luck in your moving also and there are some Good : vibes going your way.

Lynda-Big congrats on your 1/2 pound loss,every little bit counts.

KissyJoy-I really don't get on the board that much,so I'm sorry I though it was your wedding. Well enjoy my greeting ,and have a very happy 3 year annniversary.

Mama Dragon- Congrats on your weight loss also

Have a nice day Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 07-23-2005 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:48 AM   #10  

Just a quick note. Wild child is in rare form even for her. Going back to phase 1 has helped me get back on track. I'm starting to drop some weight but I'll wait until tomorrow to change my ticker.
Lydia C
Old 07-23-2005, 09:52 AM   #11  

DH's brother, Lydia. shudder.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:04 AM   #12  

Ewwww. Did you tell him? I would.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:16 AM   #13  

I did tell DH. He was not impressed, but I decided not to make an issue of it. However, he won't catch me alone again. creepy, slimey little bugger.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:25 AM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies
Ellis thats just creepy! I suggest threatening to castrate him with a rusty spork if he comes near you again!
Artemis How did you like Harry? I'm reading for the second time!
Beach Bum I'm jealous I'm craving going down the shore!
Ruth I'm glad you had some fun doggie time this morning! I miss my dog (he lives with mom)
I came to 2 conclusions we (dh is doign this with me) need more water and more veggies b/c peanuts ahd cheese are getting OLD! so we'll have to get our buns to the store and some Benefiber before I become one of those phillips Milk of Magnesia commercials.
I got my nails and eyebrows done yesterday and today a haircut! I almost feel like a girl
bbiab
Kierie
Old 07-23-2005, 10:41 AM   #15  
A Lily from my yard!

OMG Ellis....I can't believe DH was not freaked by it! Maybe he is but just not showing it yet? Hugs to you! oh yeah thanks for the wake up call lil Missy! tee-hee!

To the rest of you beachin babes...Good Morning! I am on my 2nd cup of Java and watchin my great nephew destroy my Mom's living room while his Mom is telling him to stop! lol He is almost 2 and the sweetest lil thing. Very loving!

Not much on the plan today. I better get goin so I can get my shower to start the day.

Have a great day all!
Closed Thread