South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 08:24 PM   #31  
RNMOM

Default Evening ladies!

Well, it was fun to read the posts today. We had a variety of feelings today. PMS to on-top-of-the-world! Wow!

Hugs to Ruth. Yuk, don't know if I could do doggy exams like that.....ewwww. Hugs to you and Harry.

Ellis, missing you!

Anchor, great to see you washed up on the beach again. I feel your pain. Been there and MIA myself.

There's so many new people it's hard to catch up and keep up. I'll try to do better.

Diet wise I'm being better. I'm thinking South Beach 24/7, it's truly becoming a WOL!

Went on an 8 mile hike up to a lake this morning at 0 dark thirty, I should sleep well tonight. Think I'll stay on phase 1 a little longer than the regular two weeks, I want to make sure I'm on top of the sugar craving thing. I did have some watermelon today (but that's in another post and it's OK). Shouldn't be the end of the world. Trying to be very aware of my triggers and those things that cause me to float "out to sea" instead of staying on the beach.

Hope you all have a nice night!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:42 PM   #32  

So I was having a crappy day, didn't mess up at all but was feeling hugely fat and disgusting...my clothes were tighter and I was cranky. Then, I realized...DUH...I'm about to start my period and I'm retaining water like a camel in the desert. My weigh in was going to be Thursday, but I'm thinking I may wait another week until I should be back down to normal.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:18 PM   #33  
going places

Tonight I made Deep Dish Pizza and for the first time since I started this diet I actually got RAVE REVIEWS from the kids at dinner time! I'll have to say, it was downright YUMMY!

I guess I haven't talked much about my family...between my fiance and I we have 4 boys...8, 10, 12, and 17. And let me tell ya, those kids can EAT! I had discussed with DBF that I wanted to cook at least our evening meals all SBD friendly because it's hard enough worrying about myself at dinner time without trying to cook two seperate meals. We knew it would be quite a bit more expensive for groceries but I felt it was very important to my success. I've listened to every grumble and gripe those kids could dish out...and I've become quite good at letting it 'roll right on by' it's just kinda nice to actually hear how good dinner is again
Old 07-19-2005, 09:38 PM   #34  

Yay, Val! I had a huge hit at dinner with the parents- made "Tomato and White Bean Soup" and some broccoli and cheese. It was super yummy and filling. Then we topped it off with some Ziploc Bag Homemade Ice Cream. OH MY GOSH- if you haven't tried that, you've got to! Ice cream is one of my worst binge foods. I wasn't craving it, but this perfect 100 calorie dessert really hit the spot. It was richer and much tastier than almost any store bought ice cream and the portion was perfect. I felt so good that I ate it and was satisfied without feeling guilty or having the "more more more" mentality. A really great day for me! I was even able to make dad his chocolate PB cookies without a taste for myself because I knew what it would lead to and that it wasnt worth it.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:47 PM   #35  
going places

Darlingchick - OHHHH...I was planning on making the ice cream tonight but I looked at the evaporated milk that I bought and IT'S NOT SKIM! DOH!!

Oh well, I need to go grocery shopping...I'll get some evaporated skim milk tomorrow.

Is that bean soup recipe on the recipe page?
Old 07-19-2005, 09:51 PM   #36  

I'm sorry val! it will be worth the wait!
Yeah the recipe is in soups and stews-P1.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:27 PM   #37  

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Valerie ... girl you MUST have your hands full with all those boys! I have an 8 year old girl and a 16 year old boy. He already eats me out of house and home...can't imagine 3 more just like him!

Darling - Your soup sounds DELICIOUS! I improvised on dinner tonight. I was just going to bake some chicken.. plain. Half way through I decided to throw a can of diced tomatoes and some parmesan on top... it ended up being pretty good!

It was so fun reading all the posts today. I hope to get to know you all better!

Cj
Old 07-19-2005, 10:50 PM   #38  
going places

Cjane - yeah, it get's crazy around here at times with the kids...especially with trying to keep food in the house. The three youngest boys are tall and lanky...my oldest is tall and built like a linebacker. I can't remember ever having leftovers from dinner...it's all inhaled on the spot.

Darling - Gonna try that soup tomorrow for dinner. My 17 yr. old is pushing me hard to let him go vegetarian but I havent given in just yet...I do try to make a few vegetarian friendly meals a week so I guess he does get his way at least part time

I'm gonna be PMS-ing in the next few days...I feel so good right now and I'm just NOT looking forward to it.
Closed Thread