South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 06:08 PM   #1  

Default Are these allowed on phase #1

A newbie who wanted to know if these were allowed on phase one
1. lean cusisine meals
2. south beach diet meals (didnt know if these were allowed on phase 1 or were maintance bc the pizza looks good!)
3. south beach cereals, bars, etc
4. sunkist nudies almond nuts
5. jello sugar free
6. jello sugar free pudding
7. silk vanilla soy milk

Thanks!
Old 07-10-2005, 06:14 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The first three items are for limited use in Phase II. South Beach focuses on foods as close to natural as possible.
What are sunkist nudies almond nuts? You are allowed one serving of plain almonds per day.
Sugar free Jello is OK but you can have only 75 calories of sf food per day.
Puddings are not allowed until Phase II.
Soy milk is allowed. I don't know the ingredients in the silk vanilla type. If there is sugar or cornstarch or other thickeners, it's not allowed.

Please be very sure to check out the FAQ Section regarding the Revised Phase I Food List for foods and serving sizes.

Welcome to The Beach. If you are starting Phase I tomorrow, perhaps you can join the Phase I July 11 Start thread.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:48 PM   #3  

Thanks for the message and welcome.
This is what I got off the website. What else do I look for to know if its ok and how much? I put this in my tea.
Silk Soymilk - Vanilla, Twin Pack (128 oz)
Filtered Water, Whole Organic Soybeans, Naturally Milled Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Calcium Carbonate, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Sea Salt, Carrageenan, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin B12.

The Sunkist Almond Munchies are new. I get the nudies which is plan skinless oven baked with a tad of salt on them and no added oil.

Oh no why no sugar free pudding =( So the jello I can only have 75 calories per day? Also somewhere I read for dessert I could have a snack pack, is that not right??

I have been doing my own modified diet but its just not working. I have lost a few lbs but not nearly enough so I decided to do something more layed out for me. I am going to miss sugar free pudding though =(
Old 07-11-2005, 05:25 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The Vanilla Soy Milk contains sugar - cane juice. Puddings are not allowed until Phase II because of the cornstarch in them. The "nudies" sound fine but be careful of the serving size and remember one serving per day.
Closed Thread