South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 10:47 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey Gals....How's your lives on the beach?
It's been really tough here lately. Even tho I haven't stalled yet, I'm having a really hard time. TOM showed up Wednesday night while I was at work, and by Thursday was here with a vengeance! I ended up having an "accident" at work, and had to borrow some scrub pants from the surgery dept! Thank goodness, I was already scheduled to be off Fri.-Mon. I haven't had this bad a time in years and years!! I feel like TOM has been here for ever but it's just now 5 days! I still feel weak and like if I was to head to the gym for a workout that I wouldn't be able to get thru it. In May, TOM was hardly here at all...so I guess I'm making up for it this month!
I ate horrible this weekend! and I feel like crap from that..I've gotta hit it hard this week and STAY OP. I didn't drink near enough water all weekend.
Usually when I'm "dieting" and I get to a tough spot like this, I give up and just start eating whatever again. I don't want this to happen, I've never lost this much weight on any diet I've ever tried. I want to keep losing weight. I like the way I feel inside and out when I'm staying OP.
Sorry I sound so bummed out! I guess everyone goes thru it sooner or later.

I have a question about some cereal that I bought...it's Kashi Autumn Wheat. It's organic shredded wheat, but it's lightly sweetened with organic cane juice...is the cane juice totally bad?

Well, I'll talk to you chickies later,
love ya all.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:05 AM   #17  
Silicon Andy

It sounds like a lot of people had tough weekends, both in terms of eating and in terms of life in general! I'm really glad this board exists to help us all through it.

Anchor, that is really scary, but I'm glad you're ok. What do you teach? It always makes me a little nervous when students want to know what kind of car I drive. Does your school have a "resource" officer? Maybe he or she could talk to a few of your "good" kids and see if anyone knows anything. It seems like the school should be able to do some sort of "quiet" investigation. I'd absolutely insist on a front and center, monitored parking spot!

I tend to turn to food when stressed as well. (That is why I'm trying to stay as OP as possible during summer vacation.) I made the pulled pork last night, and BOY is it good! We needed to take my MIL out for a "thank you" dinner, though, so I just had a little taste while moving it into tupperware and will probably eat it for the next few days.

We went to The Olive Garden b/c we had part of a gift card left. I got pork tenderloin with veggies instead of potatoes. I'm sure there is sugar in the salad dressing, but I ate some anyhow. Then we went to see The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy at the cheap theater. The one closest to us does this thing where admission is $3 but then you get a coupon worth $3 at the snack bar. I had a diet coke and just let the rest go b/c there was nothing SBD friendly behind the counter. I'd snuck in a few hard SF candies to help with that, though.

My biggest accomplishment this weekend, though, is getting our yard mostly finished. We put mulch in all the flowerbeds. Now we just have a few spots that need sod and one area where we're not sure what to plant, and we'll be done!

Andy left his bbq brush on the porch, and Darwin managed to get it, making himself sick last night. Why would you put the brush you use to clean the grill down on the floor of the porch? Oh, well.

Happy Monday, everyone!

Sarah
Old 06-27-2005, 11:32 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Hello all,

Man everybody had such hard weekends!!! I hope everyone's week goes better, including mine....Here is my weekend story. Customer Service people really get to me here lately. I just don't have the patience to deal with rude people anymore. I took my son to get a new cell phone (his was stolen) and CSR was not going to let us do anything on the account because DH's name was listed first and I am only authorized to take care of billing!!!! Oh that was it, I was ticked off and told her I was getting ticked because I had spoke to someone the day before that said I could come in and they would take care of everything!!! Then this little girl tells me "well you can get ticked all you want I'm going to have a good day today" then she went to her manager to get authorization for me to take care of account. Needless to say I had a few words to say and called the manager when I got home. Then at the grocery checkout....she was so rude as well. What is the matter with people, I try to be nice and upbeat but it never fails these people bring me down and tick me off!!!

Anyway, I have stayed op and lost another 2 pounds this week. DH is doing ok, he slips every once in a while.. he had a slice of pizza when we went out Saturday night, but I think over all he's doing great.

Hope everyone has a great week!!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 11:40 AM   #19  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Thanks guys! I'm starting to feel a little better.

First of all I may call them kids but they are all post high school "adults". We are a private vocational school so we don't have alot of resources like state or federal public schools. Like no security guard. A lot of the students have come from challenged backgrounds and the state sponsors their education. We've all been threatened in one way, shape or another but it is hard to punish everyone who is trying to change their life for one or two who don't belong in this field or who's social skills may need some serious polish. They just graduated on Thursday and it is good thing cause if they hadn't - I would have held the graduation paperwork until the police interviewed them all. There were no fingerprints on the truck and the lug nuts that may have had fingerprints were removed. So what do ya do?

My fault is that I parked out back of the school (by myself) cause I don't like door dings. Forget my personal safety just don't ding my da*n car door. I won't be parking back there anymore.

Good new is that I actually have a smile on my face right now and I'm OP so far today. I still find myself staring off into space but I'm trying to stay grounded! Thanks for the good wishes.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:47 AM   #20  
krazy binging insomiac

hello everyone,

wow i'm exhausted today. my insomnia really hit me hard last nite. luckily i am working on two knitting projects (one for myself and one for my sister) so my hands were busy and i wasn't tempted to eat (then again i have no food in my apartment so i think that helps).

i have however forgotten to take my anti-depressants in 3 days. i didn't take them on saturday and sunday and forgot them today. i usually take them first thing when i get to work while eating my breakfast. so obviuosly its hard to remember on the days i don't work. but today i switched bags and left my meds lying on my counter. damnit. this should be interesting. i'm going to get dizzy and weak. i hate myself for forgetting.

cheated in the worst way on the weekend.... had about 4 beers. I know I know, but i really needed to go out and have a good time because i've been staying cooped up at home from lack of money and my depression has been pretty bad lately. but none the less, when i stepped on the scale this morning to start off week 2 i had lost 8 lbs! 8 lbs in one week! yeah. i'm so happy..... i can reach my goal for my sisters wedding.... i'm so excited.

anyway time to get to work... hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:47 AM   #21  
RNMOM

Default Hi

Been a bit busy here. I go to girls camp tomorrow for a week so I'll be away from the 'puter and won't even be able to surf here.

You all stay on program and exercise.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:08 PM   #22  

nefarious----WAY TO GO on your 8 lb loss!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 12:11 PM   #23  

nefarious...I love to knit...what are you working on?
Old 06-27-2005, 12:19 PM   #24  

Good afternoon Chicas!
Wow, just finished reading just today's posts..Lot's a going on!

SilconAndy: Yum I never had pulled pork but it sounds yamalicious

Wenchy: Sorry to hear bout that pulled muscle or muscle spasm...West and Wewax you scrwey wabbit!

Anchor: DAM that is Down right SCARY! I can't believe the cops can't do anything! not even like dust for fingerprints..You're braver than I , I'd be lookin for a new job....Think before you eat that HoHo, it aint gonna help, just make things worse --you know that!

Phins:
Getting stronger every day! It really does motivate you when you see and feel the result of healthy eating..Good 4 U!

Ellis: Can't wait to hear about the nudist shower...How did sis like the baby sweaters?

Ruth: well after 2 days of baking, we have overcast and rain! Thank goodness, our grass looks like dried wheat. Do you ever sit down LOL
(except for those lovely beauty baths? )

FlMom: I havent had much luck at garage sales either this year... most of by best buys have been on ebay ..and Amazon. Got some books for 99 cents..but 3.49 shipping charge...still a bargain for hardcover books...

Eleni: Glad to hear you found another teacher who has specialized in pen and ink..
Jenne: sooooo excited for you and your beau..can't wait 4 this weekend 4 U!
Soon2bfab: ENGAGEMENT!!!! OOOH how wonderful, sigh, keepin my fingers 4 u crossed girl!
Tammy: GRRRRRR! I dunno if its been a full moon or what ,but yeah I have run into some rude people this weekend myself!

Angelshine:
Hmmm not sure you should be castless..I guess if it aint broke? But maybe an ace bandage or something??? Sorry to hear about your BF.. Sadly, I "broke up " with my BFF after 20 years ... one of the hardest things Ive ever done...

Hi Gryffgirl!!!

Me: The rash has subsided,(Thanks for all the concern gals, and food 4 thought on what it might have been...still no clue... I am pretty allergic to poison sumac or ivy etc... maybe I brushed into it on one of my walks)
The Open House weekend went well... Lots of activity and some seemed very interested. We shall see... Some were pretty rude... "I've seen these units, I am interested in your upgrades...and as she marched through the house..saying things like "well done", "nicely executed(?)", I felt like I was being judged for my decorating talents...sheesh! Another thought that anything attached to the walls would be included in the sale... she goes "well, you can take THAT picture with you when you go..I REALLY Don't Like Picasso"... I'm like, WHAT? No mam, the pictures aren't part of the sale... DUH.... Another lady I could write a book on... maybe later...)
Well being housebound has driven me and DH stir crazy so we are going to the mall this afternoon, to spend some Reward points at sharper image...Got my eye on a pedometer with a built in FM radio...

OH BTW, "Bless me father, for I have sinned, I had 6 small buffalo wings, and 4 lite beers on Saturday.." Had to have it... coulda had more wings, but ate the celery instead...and I don't regret it not one wing of it! Back on plan on Sunday.....no cravings etc.....
Old 06-27-2005, 12:21 PM   #25  

Hi Nefarious and RNMOM, musta posted before I finished my looong post!

FABULOUS LOSSS!!!!!!
oooh, RNMOM have fun camping I love to camp, hope I get a chance to this summer...
Old 06-27-2005, 12:33 PM   #26  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking

Hey 2all U BEACHIN BABES!

After reading all U Babes horrific/sad posts,this goes out 2all ,,,When the going gets tuff the tuff get going!!...God never puts hurtles n our path we can not jump....Hope U can pick yourself's bk up,shake off the sand and hv a glorius time on your beach towels this week.....

WENCHY....I 2 hv a bad back all the time,disc prob,,I feel ur pain ,,,get better soon....at least u dont hv to exercise a few days

RUTH....Do U ever slow ur butt down ,,,Good luck w/Harry thinking he can( NOT) come home,his care is more important than what he thinks he wants

ELLIS.....U probably got sunburned posting n front of those drapless windows....

Sorry 2all I hv not mentioned,,,Hv 2go2 wk ,,,OFF NEXT 4DAYS !!!!!

The 1legged stork weigh n worked again: and down 1lb,,1lb 2go and on 2 phase3 ,,,wahoo !!!!

HAVE A BEACHIN DAY ON UR BEACH TOWELS .............GOFISHIN
Old 06-27-2005, 12:35 PM   #27  
krazy binging insomiac

Default knitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHinsUP!
nefarious...I love to knit...what are you working on?
I'm working on two items. The first is a tank top that actually lets you wear a bra underneath (what a concept!). You can see the pattern here: www.knitty.com/ISSUE/spring05/PATTmariposa.html

The second is a shrug. my sister is getting married on the may 24 next year and has a sleeveless dress. her wedding is at nite and outdoors (as is the party afterwards) so it can get pretty cool. So I'm making this for her to go with her dress. Besides it goes towards that something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. you can see the pattern here: www.knitty.com/ISSUE/spring05/PATTido.html

I love knitty.com.... some really funky young stuff that i would definately wear a lot.

check it out
Old 06-27-2005, 02:53 PM   #28  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi all!

I came home early from work today. DS was driving the X crazy while he was trying to fix my car so I had to come home and run interference. Good news is the car is fixed. I traded puppy sitting for the weekend for the X to fix it and let me tell you that is one naughty puppy! I'm going to try and post a couple of pics. Crap they are too big - hang on back in a minute. Got it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IM001146.JPG (43.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IM001142.JPG (26.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IM001147.JPG (8.6 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by anchor weight; 06-27-2005 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:17 PM   #29  

Height: 5'-2"

Amy, sending you a big hug and a PM...
Old 06-27-2005, 04:27 PM   #30  

Sounds like everyone had a rough weekend. I'm so sorry to hear that. My day started out a big scatter-brained. I got a call from day care that I had left my checkbook on the counter after writing my check. At least they have it in the office and hopefully DH will remember to pick it up.

Today has been a busy and productive day at work and so far, it looks like I can leave at a normal time. Since DH is taking Brian to gymnastics and swimming, I don't have to be home and have dinner cooked until 8. I should be able to get a good workout in. I feel like I've really been slacking off on formal exercise lately (although we spent lots of time walking dogs at the shelter so that has to count)
Closed Thread