South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 09:20 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

KJSLJACQUES

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Just remember to eat a good snack about 3:00!!!
you'll do just fine!
Old 05-26-2005, 09:43 AM   #17  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Phin - you got that right!

I haven't re-started Phase 1 yet. When I did it a year ago I did really well and didn't cheat at all on Phase 1. Now, I have to learn what to eat when I get to P2!!!

I've never had Krispy Kreme's before -- especially not hot. And they give out free samples!

I figure, better to give in now than not have them and crave throughout P1 (I don't even like donuts! It's the fact that I CAN'T have them that bothers me more than anything!)
Old 05-26-2005, 09:48 AM   #18  
Gryffindor Pride

Hi ladies!
I am checking in late today. hehe. I had a dream that I cheated last night. It was crazy! I dreamt that I ate frenchfries and ketchup and all sorts of random things. I was craving fast food BAD yesterday but I fought it off. I think my subconscience was angry at me. I am not motivated at all to work out this week.. it's so yucky out. I am having trouble eating lately, I haven't been hungry at all. I tried to eat a salad yesterday for lunch and I felt I was going to be sick. Maybe it is my detox just working the junky stuff out. I have been four days without soda or sugar-filled drinks and I fell asleep at 8:00 last night!
I hope all you ladies are having a great day!
Old 05-26-2005, 10:16 AM   #19  
Workin' it!!

Wow - I am WAY behind on the daily chat today. There is NO way I can say something to each of you personally... just know that I've read all your posts this morning and I hope each of you have the best day possible and that we all stay on plan!!

Rough past couple days... I've learned my lesson about weedeating and mowing without a facemask now. Second time that I've done this and the second time that I've ended up sick afterwards. Must be something that grows in our yard that my body absolutely hates. This time I got the worst sore throat and actually lost my voice all day Tuesday. I haven't been eating well at all since I don't have any appetite really when I'm sick like this. I'm not eating off-plan, it's just that I'm not eating much food at all because it hurts my throat. Lots of broth and some sugar-free pudding. Soft veggies have worked, like microwaved broccoli.

However, the scale has gone done and stayed down over the past 3 days, so I'm counting it as another pound lost. I've made my personal goal of losing a total of 30lbs by Memorial Day and only need one more pound to make my May weight loss goal!! I can't wait to see the look on my parents' faces when I go home this weekend!
Old 05-26-2005, 10:58 AM   #20  
Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 151/135/110

Height: 5'1"

Hi gals..
Today is the day of doctor's appointments...I just had to go to my wicked dentist again..I am leaving him..he is horrible..tried to drill some composite glue stuff off the back of my teeth with nothing...he just burned the heck out of my teeth and it hurt like mad!!

Next appt is to a new chick gynecologist...I haven't been to the gynie since I had my last kid...bad bad me...that was over 2 yrs ago and I have been having some "womanly problems" Wish me luck..I know they will have to weigh me there and I am not looking forward to that part..I HATE THE SCALE!!!
--
Aileen: congrats on your daughter..wow, 5th grade...I was a mess when my son finished his 3yr old preschool year!!! haha!!

Jenn: any more wedding plans yet??

Ruth: I hear ya on the coffee...going for my second cup here in a sec. I usually drink like 8...heheheh!!!!

little chick: sorry about the rainy gloomy day..it is BEAUTIFUL here..I am going to try to get some mowing in...allergies are the only bad thing about a beautiful day..haha...

---

Well, my DHs dinner was last night...this is what I ate..it was AWESOME!

Filet (cooked rare, like I like it)
Mushroom salad (with red onions, yummmm)
spring mix salad w/balsamic dressing
mixed broccoli and green beans/steamed

I was sitting to the left of his Regional Vice President/General Manager (yes, we were invited to sit at HIS table) and it was like...okay, Sarah, cut your meat nice and small..eat like a lady...the darned salad was the most hard to control..haha..but it all tasted great!!

My DH got an award..and a $50 gift card to Dillards (dept. store in this area). By the way, DH works for Enterprise Rent-a-Car.

Talk to you all later,
Sarah
Old 05-26-2005, 10:58 AM   #21  

Morning Ladies! Sassy, so sorry to hear you're feeling bad Next time, a face mask and maybe some Benadryl? MarineMom--Thank God he does not have to go! I know what you're feeling. My brother was over there from Sept '04-March '05. He actually came home early--they were supposed to be there a full year. Seeing him walk off the plane was such a relief.......he was supposed to go back sometime this summer, but we haven't heard anything about dates, etc. so we don't think he will. He doesn't talk much about his time there, except for the kids he met, played with, gave candy to, etc. Ruth, go easy on that knee. There is such a thing as doing TOO much! Skye, good job resisting! It is so hard, as least when you are hungry (even a little bit.) Congrats to you for being strong! A former teacher (who also went into real estate) came in this morning with donuts, bagels, half-dozen varieties of cream cheese, and some specialty breads. And I did not even want it, even when I looked at it and everyone around me was stuffing their face. Making a good breakfast is SO important for me! I think eggs are wonderful. What else can you mix with darn near anything and still have it be good? Tomatoes, zuchinni, mushrooms and spinach eggs, topped with cottage cheese. I recommend it. Also, had the chicken with tarragon cream sauce last night. If you haven't made it yet, do, because it is very yummy. (Used fat free half and half instead of cream, and it was fine, by the way.)

Am trying to convince DH to go camping this weekend. (He's a workaholic, working more than full time as an assistant manager in retail and trying to start his own business in real estate investment.... ) Anyway, if we do go---what can I eat? I'm staying on Phase 1 for at least another week. It will only be for Saturday night, Sunday, and leaving Monday afternoon. I could keep cheese in the cooler, but veggies I don't think will keep so well. (Soggy ) Hamburgers with out the bun, maybe can grill some chicken boobs, I'll take nuts, eggs in the cooler, hummus.........but help me here! It's gotta be fast with few dishes. Anyone with experience on this?

Thanks in advance, chickies!

Last edited by mamaeli; 05-26-2005 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:00 AM   #22  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

Just a quick check in before the marathon begins. Seems like the sunnier it gets outside the less I'm inside.

Doing OK on the threepeat of phase 1. To everyone who struggles with day 3 and 4 , yes it is the worst! I try to remember how bad I feel so that the sugar doesn't attack me when I walk by it.

Have family coming for the weekend, should be a lot of fun. Looking forward to some phase two food on Sunday!!!!!

Our kids aren't out of school until the 2nd of June, bummer. I hate going back after Memorial Day.

I went for a 16 mile bike ride last night. I'm involved in a bikeathon next weekend. I have to be able to do 30 miles so I need to get going!

Gryffgirl, I thought I was the only one who dreamt about eating the bad food! I always feel so disappointed in myself while I'm dreaming.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:21 PM   #23  

Good morning all!!!!!
Still rainy and gloomy here in Maine, I really would like to see summer, after all June will be here next week!!! I would love to do some outdoors activiites, I know they will come I am just sooo tired of the rain, 10 days straight is long enough!!

Anyway, had a dr.'s appointment yestreday and she is happy with my progress and looks to seeing more improvement.

Kids are all getting cabin fever, at least when it snowed they could go out and play in it. We will try and get somewhere out of the house at least this weekend.

I hope everyone has an awesome day and look to the sun, and if you see it today, please ask it nicely to come and visit Maine for a little while!! LOL

Bye for now...
Trish
Old 05-26-2005, 12:23 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

happymom....I'll do my best to encourage the sun to visit you soon!!!! We're having awesome weather right now...nice mild temperatures and plenty of sunshine
Old 05-26-2005, 12:40 PM   #25  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Good morning - just got back from my daughter's award ceremony and she got A/B Honor roll this year That was unexpected (since 4th quarter has a few lower grades!) But I guess averages worked out in her favor.

I'm having a strange feeling today... Yesterday I went to McD's with my kids and had the Turkey Sub (not great... I know) that was really early, like 4 pm. I wasn't hungry until later, but it was too late to eat. I woke up not hungry and I really don't feel like eating today... I know I need to though.

I'm going to go try and eat something. I do have a sinus infection, that might be part of it.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:49 PM   #26  
Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 151/135/110

Height: 5'1"

sending warm weather and sun to Maine!!!

We have an abundance in Ohio right now..

Anyone see American Idol last night??? I wasn't happy with the outcome...I was a BO GIRL!!

Hey, guess what...DH and I are having a 5 yr wedding anniversary on June 10th...can you believe it?? I can't..haha...5yrs and 2 kids later...

Bye guy,
Sar
Old 05-26-2005, 12:50 PM   #27  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Bamie, DS doesn't have a cast yet? I thought they did that right away? I always save my packing for the last minute too.

Aileen, so glad that your son isn't going to Iraq. Having a day off in the middle of the week makes it go faster, huh?

Erin, Happy Anniversary!!! That's awesome! Have a wonderful weekend...sounds busy but fun!

Chels, I'm sorry it's yucky there. That gets me in a bad mood too! You'll enjoy Phase 2!

Jenn, it's good to get those cravings out of your system. I did 2 weeks of that before I started SBD! Enjoy your weekend off!

Ruth, glad you're taking it easy today. You deserve some down time! Darn workies...oy, I hate it when people don't pull their weight!

Sky, I've always been a three-day girl, but my third day is the hardest. It's almost like my addiction is making a last-ditch effort to pull me back. Now that I know it's coming I gird myself with determination and fight back all day long. Day four is such a pleasure...cravings are gone and I'm back to being me again! : Let's hope this is your last detox day! GOOD for you for resisting!

LC, you busy, busy girl! I'd love to hear about the routine your little ones are doing! The last one sounded so darling! Hope you get a chance to relax after next weekend!

FM, good advice. I'll check out your thread when I'm done here. Given any thought to changing your name to something more encouraging? I know you deserve something kinder.

BB, your weight will move...don't you stress, okay? Especially now that you can get your walks in! Glad the storm has passed on...did it leave lots of debris on the beach?

Soon, you and I both want to be in ONEderland this summer! Let's do it! Have fun at mom's!

Phins, you are one positive chickie! Thanks for being so encouraging! Sounds like the new job will be really fun and interesting. Have a great time with your sister.

KJSL, good for you on planning to start while you're set up for success. Good luck and fight those sugar urges!

Gryff, your dream sounds funny! I think I had a dream or two like that and woke up terrified that I had cheated! Your feelings at lunch yesterday could just be the "I can't eat one more salad" blues. Check out the Best Veggies thread in the FAQ for other ideas. It can be hard going through detox...it's just like detoxing from drugs or alcohol, I would imagine. You CAN do it, though!

Oooh, Sassy, you are going to WOW your family! You just take care of yourself and get lots of water, okay? Definitely face mask next time or have someone else do the mowing/weedwacking.

Sarah, Enterprise is a GREAT company to work for! I love how everyone starts at the bottom and works up. I recommend it to all our business students each year. Your dinner sounds healthy and good...yay for you! Hey, watch it on the coffee, chicky...caffeine can mess with insulin and thus weight loss. 2 servings of caffeine a day, tops, okay?

Mamaeli, you can take lots of veggies with you. Just stock the cooler with ice and they'll be fine. Bring whole peppers for hummus, grape tomatoes, zucchini (you can grill it), celery, cut up veggies. What about coleslaw for the first day, and 3 bean salad for the second? Barb went camping a couple times last year so she may have some tips...

RNMom, it's SO nice to have you back! You made me laugh about your dissapointment in yourself when dreaming about bad food. I'm with you on that...I do the same thing. It's kind of like those sitcoms where the wife is mad at her husband for something he did in her dreams. Wow...bikeathons? That's FANTASTIC! You strong girl, you!

Trish, sending some your way, hon! Could the kids put on some grubbies and go play in the mud? Messy for you, fun for them.

Me:
Well, back down to 212 (whew!) today. Did my last balance ball class last night and it was tough! We did a move where you lay on your side with the ball between your ankles and lift your legs off the floor. Really tones your inner thighs! (OUCH!!!) We also did tons of wall squats...my legs were shaking! Today at work there was a 1.5 mile walk...did it with a friend who runs, so we walked really fast. Finished it in about 15-20 minutes. It was so nice to be outside...it's cool and breezy, but sunny.

Visited my OB/GYN yesterday and asked lots of questions. She says that she thinks I could safely get pregnant at this weight! She said it's fine if I want to lose more before we start, and that would give me time to figure out what meds I'm going to be taking and such, but she's fine if we started tomorrow. So I think I'm going to aim for October, come what may. I'm aiming to be in ONEderland by September (or earlier, if I can swing it) and we'll see where I get by October. I'm so excited! : She was really excited to see how much I'd lost.

I get to see my friend Ange and her baby Ethan (remember the preemie whose pictures I posted here last fall?) this weekend!! Her husband is from PA so we're traveling there to see them. Her in laws are amazing and they're having a party on Saturday. I plan to spend so much time with Ange and Ethan I won't have time to eat! Actually, I'll bring food with me, but I'm sure I can find something to eat there, too. They are pretty healthy people, and with Ange's kidney condition, they are already taking special orders for food, so I might be able to get a burger with no bun and such.

Last night I cheated a tiny bit, but I was okay with it. My Japanese friend worked so hard on her meal that I hated to insult her. She made a stew with onions, meat, carrots and potatoes, so I had all but the potatoes. Then she made Miso soup (hoping there wasn't too much bad stuff in that...the package was in Japanese, so...) and crab and shrimp sushi. I had one piece of crab sushi, then told her it was delicious but I couldn't have more because of the rice. The best part, though, which I couldn't wait to share with you all, was the edamame.

Edamame are green soy beans. I've had them lots of times since I went on SBD, but never in the shell. Kaoru (my friend) says they are very popular in Japan, and most people sit around eating them in a group while they drink beer and watch baseball or another game on tv. So much healthier than our chips! Anyways, here's what she did: boiled water in a big kettle, added about a Tbsp of salt. Then added edamame in the shell (packaged already cooked) and heated until they were hot. She then drained them and put them in a bowl, sprinkled 2-3 tsp of salt over them and mixed with hands. She then put them out with a smaller bowl for the shells. She showed us how they put some on their plate, then rip off the end with their teeth. Then you push the beans out the end into your mouth, one at a time. They are SO good, and it's great to just sit around and snack on something that you can do with your hands. I'm looking forward to just sitting on the deck with DH and eating these this summer...what a FUN tradition!

Have a great day, chickies!
Old 05-26-2005, 12:55 PM   #28  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Christie, we posted at the same time!
Old 05-26-2005, 01:10 PM   #29  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

The Turkey Tetrazzini looked so good, but I resisted. Big Salad, scoop of Tuna for me.
I think I am one of the few chicks here who never tires of salad (check back with me on Friday after my first week of P1, )

Laurie -- there are a few things I thank my ex for: introducing me to salmon and edamame in the shell are two of them. I buy them from places like Harris Teeter and Whole Foods frozen and boil in a pot of water and lots of salt. When they float, take them out and rinse in cool water.

I like to eat them luke warm and yes, they are "like" chips, but not (says the chip-a-holic)
Old 05-26-2005, 01:22 PM   #30  
A Lily from my yard!

Laurie...Can't wait to hear how much lil Ethan has grown! No time to post to all. I have a gift card for the tanning salon that has spray on tan so I am gonna go get me a tan! lol Maybe go roam around Wally World. Oh I found me some sugar free syrup at T.J. Mazz yesterday! woohoo! Well DS is chompin at the bit to go. He wants me to buy him lunch!
Closed Thread