South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 07:37 PM   #1  

Smile is fitday the only way here to...

keep track of your meal journal? i'd love to do it all on one site and be able to just put the recipe name, instead of having to break everything down and fill in all those boxes- ahahahaha. i'm apparently very lazy according to this post! i just don't have time to be doing all that!
Old 05-21-2005, 03:09 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

I don't know of any other... anyone else know?
Old 05-21-2005, 02:56 PM   #3  
beachbum

Hi Magpie

I use to use the "Journal to Success"When I was on Weight Watchers. The other name some moore cats. I haven't been there in a while. You have to log in. Hope that helps.

Hugs BB
Old 05-23-2005, 09:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

You can create a custom food at fitday. Still takes time but after the first time it's not so bad. I understand completely the lazy factor, it's so annoying to do it.

When I have a recipe, I put in all the ingredients then divide the totals by the number of servings. Then I create a custom food.

I don't know of any other programs that do it easier. Fitday, to me, seemed the easiest with a lot of variety of foods. The others I've seen don't have as many foods to choose from.
Sarah
Old 05-23-2005, 12:50 PM   #5  

Just Curious, is everyone using fitday? What exactly is everyone monitoring if we do not count calories. I eat from the list and have 2 snacks daily. Am I missing something. Is there a range of calories that we should be using?

I still confused with groupings. Is fats, peanut butter and nuts considered the same catagory? If I have 15 almonds does that mean I can not have the Peanut butter or oil?

If there was a group listing that would great, (something like WW) I would do it but I am still not sure.
Thanks for the outlet..
Old 05-23-2005, 01:21 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Connieliv, nuts are their own category. You can only have one of the following each day:
  • 30 pistachios
  • 20 peanuts (without the shell)
  • 15 almonds
  • 15 cashews
  • 15 fillberts (hazelnuts)
  • 2 Tbsp natural (no sugar...just peanuts and salt) peanut butter

Oil doesn't factor into that equation.

No, there isn't a range of calories, Connie, but using fitday helps us keep track of what we are eating. That way we know if we are eating too much fat or not enough protein. For many of us, we find that over time, we overeat on this plan and need calories to keep us in check. Not everyone has that problem, but those who do find sites like fitday helpful. If you aren't having that problem, no need to check.

magpie, I've found that if you know the nut'l info per serving for the recipe, you can just enter it as a custom food on its own without having to enter the ingredients. That's pretty fast. But I agree...it's not easy.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:27 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The Food lists in the FAQ do have the allowed foods in groups. I agree about using fitday for recipes which is why I invested in MasterCook. Most folks use firday to check their calories if they have stalled for some reason. I use it every so often for that.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

In the begining I was keeping track of % of carbs, fat and protein. Later when my weight stalled I started keeping track of calories just to get a rough idea of how many I was taking in. I'm still more concerned with the % then total calories.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:58 PM   #9  
GARDENING ADDICT

don't forget that on Fitday you can also keep a journal, keep track of exercise with calories burned, and your weight in a graph form. You can also get food reports to see how you do over a week, month, etc in areas of Calcium, vitamins, sodium and lots of other things besides calories, fat and protein.
Closed Thread