South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 02:06 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 155/150.5/128

Hi!
I started the diet on Monday, just discovered the board. Is it OK if I join in?
161 lbs today, no weight lost

Last edited by fatmommy; 05-18-2005 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:08 PM   #47  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

But of course you may join in. The more the merrier!
Old 05-18-2005, 04:04 PM   #48  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey welcome to the sand!
Old 05-18-2005, 05:16 PM   #49  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome! Don't focus too hard on the weight, okay? It'll come off. Just focus on getting healthier. Make sure you are eating enough, drinking lots of water, and sticking to the updated lists. No cheating in Phase 1, so ensure that everything you eat is on that list, okay? You'll find lots of resources in the emergency guide AdiaFaith put together.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:12 AM   #50  

Hi Chicks!

Another day down! That two complete, no cheat days so far. The sugar craving was still bad last night so I mixed some unsweetened baking cocoa, some splenda, and milk together and that helped.

I think this may be sugar detox, but I wanted to see if any of you have had the same experience. Yesterday I was really tired, which I know is probably detox, but then this morning I had this HUGE sweating fit after my shower. I just couldn't stop. It was 50 degees outside so I opened the windows in the bathroom, but still couldn't stop sweating. Holy cow, it was like the worst hot flash ever, and I'm not even old enough, yet...

Thoughts?
Old 05-19-2005, 10:27 AM   #51  

Me too, I was tired like nobody's business yesterday. No sweating, though....
I had a horrible day yesterday. I was so tired at the end of the day, I ate TWO boxes of the Kraft chicken with broccoli Phase 1 dinners for dinner last night, WITH a small chickpea salad. AND, I was craving sweet, so I mixed one of the banana cream powders for diabetics in fat free milk and had half a cup of that, but the powder said no sugar/carbs, <10 cals and artificially flavored, so I'm assuming that was not a cheat, I hope. Felt SO much better after the diabetic custard, I guess its the sweet taste I crave more than sweets.
Could some more-experienced-than-me beach chicks tell me if its OK to have 2 of those boxes for dinner, I thought that we could eat until we were satisfied, and those Kraft boxes are SMALL, but it sure felt like cheating....
Old 05-20-2005, 02:39 PM   #52  

Hi guys!

We fell off the first page! So, I'll post and hopefully we'll stay on page one. Where is everyone?

I made it through another OP day yesterday. Still had the sweets cravings last night, so I had another SF chocolate milk. It worked.

I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm 5 pounds down! It's probably mostly water at this point, but I'll take whatever I can get.

So, how are the rest of you doing?
Old 05-20-2005, 05:51 PM   #53  

Glad to hear of the weight loss...me, I'm not doing so well. I've been gaining a pound a day for the last 2 days, am up to 163 now. I think I'll just stop weighing myslf for a few days and see what happens.
Really envious of your 5-lb weight loss, you lucky chick
Old 05-23-2005, 05:48 AM   #54  
Come on Spring!

New week! New morning! New resolve!

I confess to a major transgression yesterday! Can you believe a lunch of chip wagon chips followed by lemon pie? I need to detox again this week and decide at the end if I should do another week. I did not weigh this morning!

How are you doing?
Old 05-23-2005, 07:22 AM   #55  
A Lily from my yard!

Ruth....I'm with you....:-( .......New day!
Old 05-23-2005, 10:13 AM   #56  

Good morning!

Just jump up, dust yourself off, and start again. What better day for a new start than a Monday?

I made it through the weekend with no cheating, and with a cold. I was up a couple pounds this morning, but TOM also hit this morning, so I'm really hoping the two pounds are connected. They usually are, and if so, should be gone in a couple days. My official weigh in day isn't until tomorrow, so we'll see what the scale says in the morning.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-23-2005, 07:59 PM   #57  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

Just finally checking in. Went bike riding early this morning and didn't stop to sit at the computer until just now. Finished week one of phase 1 with a 5.5 pound weight loss. Pretty happy about that. Have struggled to get time to drink the water today, but the sweets are not winning this time!

Good to see all the newbies. South Beach rocks and this site is great.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:32 PM   #58  

Hey Chicks!
Ruth, what you've done with your weight already is an inspiration to me, what's one minor set-back. You will dust yourself off and be up and running again in no time at all. If I'd lost as much weight as you have, I'd change my name ( fitmommy sound good, anyone?)
Old 05-24-2005, 05:25 AM   #59  
Come on Spring!

Mommy, we can change your name for you anytime. Fitmommy is very positive.

I was going to avoid the scale but did get on it just now. I am up a pound but know it will drop off fast with a day of clean eating and water. Drinking water is where I slack off because I get too busy and forget. I'll try to focus on it today as I don't have any roadrunner jobs scheduled.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:31 AM   #60  

Good Morning!

Since I started a day later than all of you, my weigh in was today. I had lost 5 pounds, but with the onset of TOM it ended up being just 4. Oh well, 4 pounds is 4 pounds. I think I need a little exercise though. I slept bad last night so I didn't get up for the gym this morning. I think I'll walk my son to and from baseball practice tonight. That's not quite even a mile, but it's better than nothing.

How much are you guys exercising?

I hope everyone has a great, OP day! 7 days down, 7 more to go!
Closed Thread