South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 11:18 AM   #1  

Question Phase Three

I loaned my book to a friend and now I have a question. Figures... When do we start Phase Three? do we ease into it after we hit our goal weight or beforehand, say the last 5 pounds? inquiring minds wanna know

Thanks! and Make it a great day!
Old 04-29-2005, 11:35 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

AZ, I believe you phase in to it after you hit goal. If it was me, I'd wait a week or two to see if I'm maintaining the weight at goal all on my own. Then I'd try adding in some Phase 3 things, like Phyllo dough and see how that affects me. Some maintainers say that they find it best to give themselves a five pound leeway on either side of their goal. If it creeps above or below those five pounds, they vigorously drive it back down.

You may benefit from visiting the maintainers' forum too (though we'd hate to lose you here!)...they are very wise people with lots of good tips to share!

Congrats on being so close to goal! You and Barb are both doing so fantastic, and I'm incredibly happy for you!
Old 04-29-2005, 11:48 AM   #3  

Thumbs up

That's pretty much how the good Dr. describes it. The reason to get off of phase 2 is so that you stop losing weight. Phase 3 is meant to keep your weight steady, without loss or significant gain. I think the 5 up/ 5 down philosophy sounds good. With phase three, you could probably take it month by month. Keep track of what you are eating, and if you go beyond that 5lb gain, you need to either decrease your food or increase your activity to burn the more calories you are taking in. If you keep losing, then, lucky you! You get to eat more.

I think making it to phase 3 is a huge accomplishment in itself , and should give you the confidence that you'll never really have to worry about going back to phase two again.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:39 PM   #4  

I'm so jealous LOL I would love to be as close to my goal as you are. I haven't read that far in my book yet. I need to get busy.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:17 PM   #5  

Thanks you guys!
Closed Thread