South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 11:04 AM   #16  

Good morning!

I really need to get up earlier as there is so much that I would like to say to all of you, but it is almost 8AM here and I need to get going.

Ellis - Thanks for all you have shared with us about your Dad. My parents are 85 and my Dad has Alzheimers. I fear what lies ahead and I respect your advice to say what I want to say now.

Ruth - Where is Delta and how far from Ottawa? Sounds like you two will have a fun day.

SassyGal - We have an evil person who brings in donuts EVERY Friday. I will not give in! I tend to be pretty private about being on a weight loss program, so I just say no thanks, but what I like about you approach is once you say "can't" hopefully they stop pestering you! I did say no to some cake last night and surprised myself by saying "No thanks, I am hoping for you to see less of me...and I don't mean less often!". The skinny chick with the cake in her hand had a chuckle. It is funny, my life is pretty much an open book in so many areas, but I just don't like talking about "being on ww" or "following SBD". I guess I just want to feel "normal" but the truth is that I am NOT. I eat compulsively and am overweight. The solution for this problem is to watch what I eat, confine it to allowable weight watchers points and write it down in that darn little book. That is the only thing that works. I tell myself that at least I am not diabetic (yet) and don't have to give myself a shot of insulin every day!

Happy Friday everybody!

BirdLady
Old 04-29-2005, 11:20 AM   #17  
gotta lose it!

Birdlady...I feel your pain. Most of the folks in here know about my boss.....she eats fried chicken & mac & cheese almost everyday at work. And later in the day, she finishes it off with ice cream. She always comes up to me & asks how much I have lost. If I tell her 5, then she's lost 6. If I tell her 10, she's lost 11. She's hasn't lost any weight...her jeans are fitting A LOT tighter, I thought the ones yesterday were going to split her in two!!!

I think there are a lot of people that are just jealous & they try to get to you or try to help you fail by bringing in donuts, cookies, etc. Just keep bring OP snacks in.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:52 AM   #18  
A Lily from my yard!

Soon2B...Maybe you should start sayin oh I have gained this week and see what she says. Maybe she will have gained as well only one pound less than you! lol I would have to do it just to see what she said! lol

Oh I gotta get moving. The dryer just went off. Have a great day all!
Old 04-29-2005, 01:10 PM   #19  
Workin' it!!

Those evil ladies in accounting!! They brought in their leftovers from Olive Garden before I left the breakroom. My friend, Susan, was hilarious - trying to cover my eyes and saying "Don't look! Don't look!" I refilled my water jug (64oz already down today!!) and left the breakroom without even going over to the table where the food was laid out. But now I have Olive Garden breadsticks on my mind... gotta think of something else - QUICK!!
Old 04-29-2005, 03:13 PM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just think - somebody may have touched them after NOT washing their hands in the Olive Garden Bathroom. That should do it.

Eliis left a few minutes ago after a delightful visit. She and the Dogggage were madly in love. Lucy escaped and came right back because Ellis was here. Would you believe neither of us thought of pictures? A nice relaxing day and now I'm going for a nap!

Back later.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:32 PM   #21  
Tina

Sassy...think of the 21 pounds you've lost and how much better you already feel!! and think of how awesome you're going to feel/look when you reach goal...you're doing great, who needs those icky breadsticks anyways...
Old 04-29-2005, 04:38 PM   #22  
Workin' it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiceblessedmom
Sassy...think of the 21 pounds you've lost and how much better you already feel!! and think of how awesome you're going to feel/look when you reach goal...you're doing great, who needs those icky breadsticks anyways...
I am doing much better now... had my afternoon snack, so I'm good now.

I do plan on having a totally off-plan meal (not all day thing, just ONE meal) for my birthday... maybe I will do Olive Garden and just not have much pasta - I know they have some chicken dishes and other choices. The only truly bad thing that I would have is the breadsticks... then if I have cravings the next day then I'll just detox for a couple days and banish those cravings right away.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:27 PM   #23  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Evening everyone!

Hope everyone was OP today! I bought DS his Holy Communion present (dirt bike boots) and then we went up to my parents club for dinner with them. By then DM had told everyone on the golf course about dinner on Sunday so everyone got a good laugh. Even me.

Does anyone know of a good meltable chocolate that can be used for recipes? OP of course? There is good old WW recipe that I think can be adapted to SBD if I can figure out a good chocolate.

Keep me posted.
Closed Thread