South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 09:32 PM   #1  

Arrow Stuck!!!!!

I am on Phase 2 and I lost 8 lbs during phase 1 and now I am stuck at 175 and have been for the past week. I decided to step up my exercise routine so we'll see what happens. I did lose 2 inches off my hips and waist so I am happy about that. My BF is almost at his goal weight loss which is BEYOND frustrating but I know men lose faster. So, my goal is to lose 15 lbs by May 20th (I have a wedding to go to) So wish me luck ladies!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:20 AM   #2  

Think about it a different way. YOU HAVE LOST 8 Pounds! That is so fabulous. It takes some people a year to lose that.

Eat more veggies, take out a few carbs, amp up the exercise, but most of all give yourself a pat on the back for making it this far. YOU ROCK!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:00 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good advice from Jamie. Eight pounds on Phase I is excellent! Your body is just doing a re-org so carry on. The scale will drop.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:26 AM   #4  

15 pounds in less than a month is a pretty steep goal especially since your weight is not that high. Why don't you post you daily menu and we'll see if we notice anything? I stalled for 3 or more weeks several times. Eventually I would start losing again.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:43 AM   #5  

I've been stalled since December! I just started losing again this week. I know why in physical terms, but the exploration has been emotional - I was intimidated by that milestone coming up. Instead of getting completely depressed about this I have been marvelling at my ability to maintain this weight. So, anyway, be kind to yourself and take satisfaction from your achievement so far, from your efforts and your expanded knowledge. You'll get there! The arbitrary weight goal for May 15 may become an emotional problem just like my milestone has been, so relax into it!
Old 04-26-2005, 02:49 PM   #6  
Mary Ellen :D

8lbs and 2 inches gone is great! I'm sure you'll start loosing again soon. I know when i first started P2 and re-introduced ww pasta, ww bread and brown rice I had some at every meal. I think I went a bit overboard and that's why my weightloss stopped for a bit so I decided to only have either the rice or pasta once a day or once every other day till my body got used to it again. I'm not sure if you have the same situation but I thought I'd share what happened to me. Hope this helps. Stick with it and I'm sure the scale will go down.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:04 PM   #7  

Thanks guys! I am proud of my achievement, I guess I just got spoiled seeing the scale go down about a pound a day for a straight week! Then last week..nuthin'!BUT I'm steadfast AND I did reintroduce brown rice and whole wheat bread...I eat it once a day..more so the bread so I cut out the rice to twice a week and same with the bread...I don't miss the pasta although I DO miss potatoes! Anyways..15 lbs IS alot but really 7-10 will do me just fine!
Old 04-26-2005, 05:43 PM   #8  
Michael Ann 1973

I hit a wall for a couple of weeks, but then when I went back to look at what I was eating, I was not eating enough veggies and my water was down. Also during that time I had TOM. I kicked up the veggies and I drank more water and threw in exercise and I lost again. I lost a lot of weight in phase one so I was disappointed with the stall, but I too lost major inches. I think you body has to adjust to what is going on. I definitely works...so stick with it. Just look at all the great results of other Beachers and feel the inspiration.

Best of luck...and also, I know that no matter what anyone says you can't help but get a little paranoid. I have done so many diets and I know the roller coaster that you get on with disappointment. This is not that diet...it will work if you WORK it! Hugs!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:10 PM   #9  

Hang in there! Just keep following the plan The weight will go. I lost really well my first six weeks and then the whole month of March I only lost 2 lbs...ugh! April has been very kind I just had faith and continued and I'm revved up and losing again.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:10 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 2"

Hang in there! Congrats on your 8 lbs. weight loss. That's awesome for Phase 1.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:28 PM   #11  

I think 8 pounds is good and it sounds like you have a plan. Good luck!
Old 04-29-2005, 11:56 AM   #12  

Yeah, my wife was aggrivated early on in our diet because I was always doubling her in weight loss. But she has definitely closed the gap, if it makes you feel better. I'm at around 62lbs, she's just about at 40lbs. Don't give up though, just analyze what food you are eating and try to tweak it up a bit.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:50 PM   #13  

I know what you mean -- I lost six pounds the first week, and then no more for about six days, and that was a bit discouraging. Then it started to go down again, slowly. When I started phase 2 on Monday the only change I made was to add an apple a day. I really wanted a piece of fruit! No bread, no rice.

Last night I tried on formal dresses for my daughter's wedding in July. I am still wearing the same size (14), but the dresses look and fit so much better, because a good bit of my belly fat is gone. Wow!

Anyway, as the others have said, don't obsess about what you HAVEN'T lost. Be happy about what you HAVE lost. You're doing great -- keep it up!

Deb
Closed Thread