South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 08:53 AM   #16  
AKA Ruby

how do you keep the weight
scale thing up? any idea
Old 04-20-2005, 08:56 AM   #17  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Good Wed. Morning... and it is a morning!!!

After being lazy with DS yesterday, my mood and energy is in the gutter! I think I'll take DS for a drive this morning, stop and get a diet cherry coke and him a slurpee! Maybe hit a few thrift shops.... that always makes me feel a little better

Then I have to come home and finish laundry. Not a big deal.

I'm down one more lb... and whatever weight I gained this weekend (I didn't weigh so I don't know! All I know is I'm almost 4 lbs down from when I started)

I hope you all have a great day! I'd reply to everyone, but it's almost time to head out the door for school
Old 04-20-2005, 08:57 AM   #18  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

IT goes in your signature - go to your USER CP. Choose edit signature. After you make the tracker, paste it into the signature box. Maybe someone else can explain it better!
Old 04-20-2005, 09:25 AM   #19  
Michael Ann 1973

Good Morning Chickies,

This looks like it will be a busy day, already on page 2 and it's not even 10 a.m.!

I can sympathize with the weight gain/stall with drinking. I have this horrible tendency to binge drink on the weekend. I didn't drink at all during phase 1 and was really careful when I first started phase 2, but I think that drinking on Friday and Saturday night is keeping the weight from melting off.

I hate to even admit that I just can't handle drinking anymore, I just lose my mind or something. I drink vodka (shots) with DH and we just have a blast, but I pay for it later. You guys are probably all going, "What the ****?", "Are you an alcoholic, or what?" NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I just like the out of control feeling. I don't drink all week at all and then when Friday comes I am all over it. Maybe I am a weekend alcoholic or something...

OK...Time for an intervention, right?!?! I guess the first step is admitting the problem. But to be honest, this is the first time in my life that I really see myself getting to my goal, because I am not going to fold. So I will have to give up the booze or give up the looze!

Pray for me, I really need your support and the Lord's mercy!

Sunny
Old 04-20-2005, 09:39 AM   #20  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks and every one on the first page.

My Cold is still around so instead of CoffeeI'll toast you with a cup of some chicken broth

Ruth Thanks for starting the thread,can't believe how active it it this early.Wish I had a Green Thumbwhen it came to gardening. The only thing we grow is tomatoes.

Christy Sometimes we have to be lazy to get out badies working again.Sorry abbout your little guy hope he feels better soon. My 4 year ago twin grandchildren have strep throats. Yikes I just can imagine the pain their in.BIG CONGRATS on your weight loss wow your doing great. Have a good thime shopping.

JamieBig congrats on your Weigh-In

Tara have a great time with your family;

Have a great day Hugs BB
Old 04-20-2005, 09:56 AM   #21  
AKA Ruby

Thank you hottie.. lets see if this works now..
Old 04-20-2005, 09:57 AM   #22  
AKA Ruby

when I previewed the signature it was there.....hmmmmm guess back to the drawing board
Old 04-20-2005, 10:06 AM   #23  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wow, not even 10:00 and 18 replies already!

Ruth, you enjoy your wonderful garden! Those seeds sound fantastic...I can almost taste the salads now...

Lady, enjoy shopping...thanks for reminding me about the pyramids... (you can check them out at www.mypyramid.gov)

Ooh, Adia, I had no idea you could get broccoli for breakfast at Friendly's...I'll have to try that sometime! Funny about the looks... I thought of you the other day. I was in Ithaca at Borders, and they not only have a lovely selection of SF syrups in their Cafe, but they make a SF Iced Kahlua Mudslide Mocha (blended) that is to die for! You'll have to try it if you are up that way sometime! Are you moving to Watkins or to another location around the lake? What a great time of year to be moving up there!

Tara, enjoy the mini break! Good going on getting your hair done! I bet you look stunning!

Jamie, congrats on the loss!!! Now you can start losing virgin poundage!

Bamie, are you playing soccer or watching? Have fun either way!!!

Sil, you fashion plate, you! Love the wedge sandals...did you get them at Payless, perhaps? I saw some darling ones there...

Mary, So sorry, hon! I know how dispiriting that can be! But don't worry, it will come off! I gained about 6 in the past few days just eating too much OP stuff. In no time we'll both be back to normal. Did you happen to have a couple of beers? Beer will really screw your diet up. That maltose is a killer! If you are having cravings, think about hitting Phase 1 until they go away. Otherwise, just still to plan and it'll come off. To put the weight tracker in your signature, click on "Edit Signature" in the drop down menu under "Quick Links" in the purple bar at the top of the page. Then paste the info from your weight bar in the sig. PM me if you have problems with it.

Hottie, are you in school? Hope you have fun with DS today. Thrift stores are a blast!

Ah, Sunny, you will be in my prayers. If you like the out of control feeling, you need to ask yourself why. What is going on in your life that you feel you need to be out of control to handle? What's a more healthy way to deal with it? I know it sounds extreme, but if you can't get a handle on the drinking alone (which I know I couldn't if I were in your position), you may want to check out AA. Truly. There's a lot going on in all of our lives ( I truly agree with Oprah...this weight is just pounds of "pain" that we've accumulated) and we sometimes need help to develop healthier ways of coping with all that stuff, you know? Please do some soul searching on this, okay? There are so many ways to deal with stress that don't involve the perils of getting drunk.

BB, hope your cold goes away soon, hon!

Me:
Well, I'm not sure what the heck happened...I was chugging along, actually hitting 208 and 209, and then all of a sudden, I was gaining two pounds a day! I think I might have been eating too many OP foods. I wasn't watching how many starches I was eating each day--having two instead of one. I had spaghetti with olive oil and garlic, usually a once a month treat, twice this weekend. I also haven't been sticking to 75 cals of sweet treats. Back on the wagon, girl!

I went to the gym this morning and have a balance ball class tonight. It felt so good to workout!!! I can't wait to get back in there Friday morning and do my strength training...that's what I've really missed!

Hope everyone has a great day...the weather has been incredible here.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:07 AM   #24  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Mary, it's there now...good going!
Old 04-20-2005, 10:08 AM   #25  
AKA Ruby

yeaaaaaa it's there finally... thanks so much
Old 04-20-2005, 10:10 AM   #26  
AKA Ruby

Beachgal, no beer, I'm not much on any kind of drinking.. but I had 4 wine coolers and a couple of shots of snapps while camping.. other than that.. I was good.. period is coming up , so maybe its all working against me.. i'm getting my water drank today and getting ready to go do yard work.. going to really give it heck this week.. thanks for the encouragement..
Old 04-20-2005, 10:42 AM   #27  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Boy there is a lot of cackeling in the hen house today.

I can't respond to everybody but brown fat does look better than white fat.

Sunny - I'm not sure how old you are but somethings you just grow out of. Listen to me - I'm the one who drinks vanilla vodka and diet ginger ale But I was married to an alcoholic and have attended Alanon. Some people have both problems. (Co-dependent and alcohol) You need to have a heart to heart with hubby and tell him that you love his company but it would be nice to explore new activities together. Get out of the bar and do active stuff. Slow down and don't do any shots. Pace yourself at one drink an hour. There are many things you can do to sort this out. I do know that no matter what your problem is you should consider praying for guidance. Consider going to talk with a therapist they can help you sort out if you are co-dependent or if you really have a problem with alcohol. I'm going to say a prayer for you. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

Everyone else - I forgot to weigh in today so I will have to wait until tomorrow. Have an OP day.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:56 AM   #28  
Tina

Morning chicks....

Hey, does anyone know why the importance of so much water? I mean, is it just to keep you feeling full? cause lately I just haven't been very hungry anyways, which makes me think I maybe am not eating enough and thats why the slow down/stall in weight loss...but anyways, I also know I haven't been drinking enough water...does this help in other ways besides making you feel fuller?
Old 04-20-2005, 11:31 AM   #29  
Faith in me

WOW busy busy morning in here!

Hello Ladies!!
It looks like everyone in here is doing great! I have been in and out of here...kinda mia...sorry...but i worked 7 straight days and that's a killer on your feet...gut i had today off.......I just haven't been took keen on phase lately...I dunno why...it's weird....but I"m still around the same weight which is good...but i really need to kick my butt into gear....I went for a bike ride this morning and I inhaled so much pollen...UGH not fun...and now I'm downing my water! I might go for another bike ride...they're saying it's gonna be in the upper 80's today! WOW! I'm gonna wash my dogs and probably go to my little brother's baseball game later this afternoon! I hope you all have a great day on the beach!!
Old 04-20-2005, 12:23 PM   #30  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Jess! Glad to see ya back!

Twiceblessed I have an article on water. I will find it and post it so you can see all the benefits from drinkin it.
Well I can see clearly now the funk is gone! lol I have been cleaning my livingroom windows. That's a job. They are atleast 6 ft tall! Ohhhhh the joys of spring cleaning! lol

Edit: I posted it but I see where hottie posted a good one as well. Twiceblessed twice answered! lol

Last edited by Bamiegurl; 04-20-2005 at 12:33 PM.
Closed Thread