South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 04:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Default My Dh told me to stop loosing weight....

Last night my dh was trimming my bangs when he almost shouted surprised like, "you look like a prune, stop losing weight. Your forehead is all wrinkled" Then I could see he realized that maybe he shouldn't have said it outloud on his face. Gee thanks for the encouragement.

I told him it was me scowling because I was afraid he was going to stab me with the scissors. And he dropped the subject. But I looked later and I do have a very wrinkly forehead.

What is everybody else doing about the wrinkles? When we are plumper the fat sort of fills out the wrinkles and we don't notice them so much. Plastic surgery and botox are out.

Sarah
Old 02-28-2005, 04:35 PM   #2  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

I don't have wrinkles but, I do use a face cream and an eye cream each day..and i also use a night cream all from Avon. I use the Anew products. I use to use Oil of Olay. I am not wanting to get wrinkles too soon. I think my dh would be on the couch for the night. LOL Teach him a lesson. LOL
Old 02-28-2005, 04:37 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, at 66, I expect a few wrinkles. However, taking care of your skin early is important. I use the Avon Anew product as well.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:46 PM   #4  
buzz buzz buzzin along

You can always do facial exercises. I remember reading a Richard Simmons books and he said on the most under exercised muscles were the facial ones.. He recommended looking in the mirror and mouthing the abcs and particularly the vowels then do exaggerated movements with your mouth-- really exaggerated till you feel tension... I don't know if it works but it can't hurt.

Im a Mary Kay person and I use the TimeWise stuff and love it. Im not proned to wrinkles tho!
Old 02-28-2005, 05:35 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Good thing that wasn't me, Sarah. I would have grabbed the scissors and stuck them in my DH's eye.
I use Neostrata's "firming, uplifting, anti-wrinkle" cream.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:52 PM   #6  

I just have to say that I use the Anew Avon products, and it works great. I was afraid of wrinkles around my eyes, and the eye serum really works. Plus the face wash and moisturizers are fab :-)
Sherry
Old 02-28-2005, 08:35 PM   #7  

Ijust ordered a boatload of Avon Anew products yesterday
Old 03-01-2005, 02:40 PM   #8  

Anew products broke me out - and I was an Avon Rep! LOL!
Old 03-01-2005, 06:20 PM   #9  
Conquering with SBD

I have trouble with Avon products, too! I use Mary Kay products. They are the only ones that I can use for a prolonged period of time without developing an allergy - senisitive skin here.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I have the added problem of rosacia, with the red nose and cheeks and very sensitive skin. I have to so very careful of what I use on my face because many products actually make my skin feel like it's burning or dries me out really badly.

My dermatologist suggested I use Cetaphil cleansers and moisturizers, but they aren't intense moisturizing enough. I recently splurged and bought some Prescriptives foaming cleanser and moisturizer. It's so expensive and I'm not sure if I'll keep it up.

DH hasn't mentioned the prune comment again. And he didn't say anything about the bill when he say it....hey...he pays the price for not controlling his tongue

Sarah
Old 03-04-2005, 01:42 PM   #11  
Zen-meister

I'm an Avon rep also and I, personally, can't use most of the Anew line as I have really sensitive skin. If you don't have sens. skin, it should be fine. I can send you some samples, if you'd like.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:59 PM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sarah, your DH was really insensitive! I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt you, though...he just had a bit of a brain fart, you know?

I'm not sure any of us are dying for wrinkles, but I don't have a terror of them. I just hope when they come that they'll be in places that show I've been smiling!

I do use a moisturizer, but it's usually whatever's on sale, and I only started using it frequently two years ago. I still get tons of pimples (and I'm almost 30!) and my face is usually oily rather than dry, so...
Old 03-04-2005, 10:07 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 2"

I can't use Avon either, my skin breaks out in a rash. I do use Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. My skin is dry. Sorry your hubby said that.....
Closed Thread