South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 06:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Daily Cluck - Monday, February 28

The last day of this seemingly long month has finally arrived! March has to be better for the two W's - weather and weightloss!

Gail comes this morning and we go to footcare this afternoon. Such excitement - NOT! The knee is pretty sore from doing all my exercises on Saturday. Duh! Doing 10 repeats three times a day is not the same as doing 30 all at once. Sometimes I wonder about my brain! Anyhow, I'll go easier today.

What's going on at your place today? Y'all have a coffee and set a while!

Old 02-28-2005, 06:49 AM   #2  

Wow Ruth, you're up early! I'm cruising the web while trying to figure out what I'll do with my 3 kids today. 3rd full snow day in the last 3 school days. Our au pair is out of town taking a few days off, so I'm home which is great except there's a mountain of work I need to do.

I hope March is better for weightloss. I haven't been having much progress. Of course if I were more stringent to Phase I that might be different. I weakened and had some wine this weekend. Otherwise I've been OP, but the wine probably threw off my Phase I progress. ARG.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:20 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Mornin'! Well today is a new day! Time to get with the program. I need to de-tox after the weekend I had! My eatin was so far off. I was on the North Shore Diet! Nuttin much planned here. Make a delivery of candles. More cleanin and Monday laundry! Yuck! lol

Hey Ruth! Take care of that knee woman! I have my coffee so let's visit! lol

Get'n Serious.... Glad to see ya joinin us in the daily. I hope you get it worked out with the lil ones. I know that can be tough!

Hey where is Mamcita? She has not pecked in a while. We have a few MIA's! Ok I'm off to check on the chittlin's and make sure they are gettin ready. I love it now that they have their own alarms and get themselves up. There is no fightin in the mornins since they each have their own bathrooms now. Life is good around here most mornings! Now if only I didn't have to get up with them! lol But I know my DS would miss the bus on purpose thinkin I would take him to school! A few more years and it'll all be over! :-( :-) lol I'm goin now! Have a great day all!
Old 02-28-2005, 07:25 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Coffee... must get coffee...
Old 02-28-2005, 07:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Just time for a quickie this morning! I'm waiting for a phone call from my friend, she had a horse lose her foal yesterday and may need me to stay with the kiddies while she takes her to the vet hospital. I hope it doesn't take too long, as we're expecting a foot or more of snow today with blizzard-like conditions! I want to just stay home!

Ruth - you hit it right on the nose about the long month. It always seems the shortest month ends up being the longest! I am so ready for Spring!

Get'n Serious - Good morning and welcome to the Beach!

Bamie - North Shore Diet? LOL! I was off the wagon a bit this weekend, too, but I have good intentions for today and the rest of the week.

Ellis - Enjoying your coffee? I've had 2 large mugs so far this morning, it's time for me to switch to tea for the rest of the day. Hope you have a pleasant day planned for today, love.

Gotta run for now. Take care!
Old 02-28-2005, 07:50 AM   #6  

Good Morning Everyone!
Well today is it! My first day of the SBD :-) I'm very excited, and looking forward to the weight loss, and the change in my life. I have nothing but a positive attitude to put forth. I have faith in myself as I can see so many others who have made a change. I look forward to being a "loser"!!
So I'll just sit back, curl my toes in the sand and enjoy my new way of life!
Happy Morning to all!
Blessings,
Sherry
Old 02-28-2005, 08:17 AM   #7  
i luv my dog!

Yes, I was a bit "phase 3.5" this weekend as well. Perhaps it is all of our subconscious' saying GOOD RIDDANCE to this long, sloooow, frassing freezing excuse of a month!!

Bamie, I saw a book at the bookstore a couple of weeks ago called "the North Beach Diet." It was the familiar blue color, with a picture of a hefty guy on the cover. Inside were recipes that are the polar opposite of SBD. Obviously it is a spoof, but the bookstore people had it displayed with the real diet books. Hmm??

Let's all take a cue from the name of this month, March, and march our butts, brains, and beauty back to the beach.

Hello to all the newbies. This is a great WOE and very sustainable, but the dreary winter has drained me a bit. My enthusiasm needs some rejuvenatin'.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:25 AM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Cottage...How sad! Hopefully it won't take long but then again any doc is slow I think! lol Maybe take her children to your house and have her pick them up there in case it starts before she gets back! Hopefully her children wouldn't get snowed in with ya! lol Have a good day!

Luna...The sand feels so good don't it?

Abroad...How dare them! UGH! The bad part is peeps may buy it thinkin it is a real diet book! People will do anything to make a buck! I have not seen it but then I don't get out much! lol I am Marching into March!

Ellis.... I'll talk to you after you've had your coffee! teehee! Good Morning!
Old 02-28-2005, 08:49 AM   #9  

Good Morning All,

I'm with you Ellis - Coffee ----M U S T H A V E C O F F E E

Be Back
Old 02-28-2005, 08:59 AM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Ah... that's better! I'm a little tetchy until I've got the first cup sloshing around inside me.

Girls (and guys), we are going to have a GREAT month. I can feel it.
March indeed, A broad!

Cottage, how sad about the foal. If you do have to go out, be careful on the roads, hon!

I'm not putting up with any more of this winter crap. I've reached my limit. There will be no more snow storms permitted in this city. I'm going to put away my boots and my biggest coat.

I'm starting the month out right with a visit to my psychiatrist today, and a physical tomorrow. (oh, BOY! Can't wait for THAT one! )
I am planning on kicking serious butt this month, and I'm not to put up with any of you girls trailing your butts. You're coming with me, if I have to drag you kicking and screaming to the finish line.

Do we want to have to conceal our big fat arms under long-sleeved shirts this summer? Wear sweltering hot pants because we don't want anyone to see our dimpled legs?
NO!
Oh, sure. We feel fine NOW! It's chilly out, and we're bundled up in our cozy clothes. We're comfortable. We forget that summer is going to leap out at us in the nastiest way possible.
Even if it means shaving our friggin' calves, we are going to reveal a little skin this summer, and we are going to feel GOOD about it!!

Gotta get dressed... love ya'll..
Old 02-28-2005, 09:06 AM   #11  

OK - Semi-functioning now.. So - How is everyone - you all have been busy this morning already!! I - on the other hand - am having a hard time getting motivated.

This must have been the weekend to go haywire. I, too, went to the North Bamie. DH and I went out to eat at an Italian place we like this weekend. I didn't do TO bad - had the chicken parm - however, their breadsticks are irresistable!!! BAD - BAD Kelly!!!
Oh well, back OP today. Hopefully the scale will move this month.

Cottage ~ So very sorry to hear of your friend's foal. I used to be a vet assistant - hated it when anything died - but especially babies. Give her a hug for me (the mommy horse too)

Ruth ~ EASY ON THE KNEE!!! They do hold you erect ya know. Have a friend who just had DOUBLE knee replacement. NO FUN!!

Serious ~ The work will be there later ~ spend some quality time with the younguns. They won't be this age forever Go out and play in the snow with em. Make some memories. :sball2: :sman:

Luna ~ Good Luck and chime in if you get discouraged

Abroad ~ My butt is staying at home until it weighs a few less pounds. After that - I'll march ~ I promise

Gotta run ~ duty calls - AGAIN. Hope ya'll have a great day. I'll check back later.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:12 AM   #12  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Morning Ladies~

Boy, oh boy, do I not feel well this morning. For weeks now, the baby has been sick off & on. Stinkin' viruses. Well, I've not even felt bad. I worked at the hospital yesterday, come home, and about 830 last night, I start to feel just absolutely horrible! UGH!! I think I have caught something between the hospital and my baby. *SIGH* I feel like CRAP! I have a ton of housework to do today, no motivation for anything right now. I did force a little breakfast down, just in case I don't eat lunch.

March is approaching, YAY! I am feeling Spring is FINALLY going to get here!! I'm sooo sick of this nasty cold, dreary weather. I really dislike winter!!

Good morning to all of those yet to come in and to those who have popped in already...HI!

I did manage to finally lose that last pound that's been taking 2wks to come off. Sheesh! I did NOT weigh this morning as i'm in a ton of clothing and have not had my shower yet. That's coming right up after I finish posting. hehe I'd like to see another pound, but I won't hold my breath. I'm shooting for 8#'s in March. I was able to do 6 in Feb. I think I can do it!

Have a Great OP Day Ladies!
Old 02-28-2005, 09:19 AM   #13  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks: "cluck cluck"

Well! today is my DD birthday ,can't believe shes 35.Where does the time go by??????? Each year seems to be flying by faster & faster.

RuthI'll sit and have some coffee with you and chat for a while. Sorry to hear about your sore knee. Maybe you should ease up on the exercising.

Serious I agree that the month of March will be better weightwise as we can exercise & do alot of MARCHING to the St Patricks Day Parade and the Easter Parade.

BamieGlad those days are over The children have their own children,& now its my turn to sit back and smile of the days gone by. Play with your children as they grow up so fast,and then there gone.

Cottage Sorry about your friends foal. Hope she gets better.We're LUCKY this time around the RAIN is coming to wash all that white stuff away, YIPEEEEEE!!

Luna Welcome to the SB and this board. The beach is the healthiest diet out there and the chicks are the friendliest too. Just put your mind to this WOE and you'll do fine.

Keeping on Beaching Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 02-28-2005 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:39 AM   #14  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning Chicks!

I stayed up late and watched the Oscars and drank the last of my wino for 2 weeks! I was on a full blown sugar binge yesterday. I was relieved to wake up to a Phase I bootcamp today. I'm ready Ellis! No fat arms here! Of course I'm still high on sugar - can't wait for that crash but I'm motivated and serious!

I had a really bad encounter with sugar free candy this weekend. My mom and I went to the low carb store and I bought some sf carmels. I ate 4 of them and had such horrifying cramps and diarreah that I had to cancel a dinner date at Red Lobster! Not with a cute guy - just girlfriends. I spent Sat night on the couch in wrenching pain. Now if I can just bottle that bad memory and use it when I have cravings I'd be all set.

Sounds like everyone feels the same about Feb being over. It was a diet disaster for me. I'm up a few pounds but I'm also bloated on carbs and sugar so it should go back down shortly. Went to the Chiropractor this am - he is horrified about me falling on the ice. He started opening my spine back up - which over the weekend really tightened up. I have to go back tomorrow am too. Hopefully this isn't serious.

Take care chickies!
Old 02-28-2005, 09:41 AM   #15  

The weekend wasn't kind to me either. I stayed OP but had too many starches yesterday and not enough water. Combined with too little sleep for two nights, I am up a couple of pounds since Friday. I just hope it is water and I can at least reach my goal this month. I was well below my goal at one point but it just crept back on. I'll update my signature tomorrow when I post my final results.

I didn't make it to the gym this weekend either but Saturday had hours of hiking and digging holes to plant trees so I'm not worried about that day. I just should have made it yesterday. Oh, well, the bag is packed in the car and as long as I don't get stuck at work, I will stop on the way home.
Closed Thread