South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 09:47 AM   #16  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Bamie, did you get the contacts already or are you just hoping they will work? I have contacts and love them. I feel so much more free with them than I did with glasses. Have fun with DH!

tlc: I envy your day...what great fun! And I bet you are right about playdoh! Enjoy your sweet day!

Ellis, do what you need to do to help yourself feel better. I'm always here if you need it. Your "hoodle doo"ing is cracking me up as much as Bamie and her tee-hees!

Amb_lyn: : going out to you today! I know it'll be fine.

Sil: you are cracking me up, girl! That image is perfect!

Ruth: what are you doing, starting a mouse commune? I told you to live-trap them, not provide little heated seats for them in your car! I knew you had a soft spot in your heart for animals, but really!

Me:
No date with GYM this morning...DH got jealous and set the alarm for 7. I feel rested and refreshed anyways...Jazzercise was great last week! I have no school next week so I'm going to do an extra class at the Y...body sculpting. They use those huge balls that I always fall off of, so at least I'll provide a good show!

We might have dinner with some friends on Saturday night, but otherwise this should be a weekend of working on applications to school districts and my resume. I also need to read a ton of articles in prep for writing a 30 page paper next weekend.

to all the friends who peck in after me... Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
Old 02-18-2005, 10:05 AM   #17  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning grumpies are all over the beach this mornig . CHEER UP . Remember your day is what you make of it. I was in the grumpy club too, until my dear sweet SIL called and said he would be here in a few minutes and pick up the GB's. He had a sinus headache and his medicine was at home and he also found out something that he ordered was coming in today and someone has to be home to get it, it comes by a freight truck. So, he just decided to take the day off. So, now I can clean my house and maybe go shopping for a new outfit to wear on a family outing tomorrow and get a nap and do my nails. So, my day has turned into a very good day. . Joining WW next week, but, staying here on the beach with you guys. Their site isn't too friendly. No one bets hanging out with y'all.
I hope everyone has a good day, get out of the grumpies, the sun is shinning (at least here, cold, but shinning). It's Friday .

I wish I could wear contacts, but, have to bad of vision.
I had all my teeth pulled out, 13 at one time and the rest on a second visit. I have dentures now. I had real bad gum disease. They were falling out. And they let my DH watch both times. He thought it was interesting. The only thing I really miss my teeth for is chewing gum.
I had mice in my glove compartment. Big river rats in the shed.
Well, goin to start cleanin. Have to get the dust, the allergies are getting bad again.
Cheer up everyone.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:31 AM   #18  
I can do this!

Glad you'll be sticking with us, Chipper!

Barb, sorry about the pound...Ruth, too. But you both know that it'll fall back off. Just chug a lot of water today. Ruth, maybe you can pour some in a dish for the mice to have a skating rink in the car? Sorry hon, just can't help teasing you. Mice in the car is rather funny!

I told my coworker about your mice in the car issue and she said her son has the same problem! His car is rarely driven (he's at college), but when she drove it recently, she turned on the vent and a bunch of shredded napkin bits flew out! They opened the glove box and found shredded napkins and mice poops! Another friend of hers was driving merrily along when a mouse ran right across her foot! I love mice but can't imagine finding any in my car!

Hope that this day turns out much better for everyone. A big for you all that things look brighter!

Rusty, try Progresso Lentil Soup...it's delicious and SBD-friendly.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:43 AM   #19  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

These stories are so funny about the mice. But if the truth be known, I would have had a heart attack if a mouse ran over my foot. I would have died on the spot. I'm scared to death of them Can you tell..

Laurie...Thanks for the tip on the Progresso. I love soup...
Old 02-18-2005, 11:50 AM   #20  

Here I am Amy ~ I bet ya'll missed me huh Been getting my "hiney" exercise this AM. Lots to do and not enough time in the day. Oh well. Last night went great. I decided yesterday afternoon to Let Go and Let God and the words just came to me last night. I talked for an hour and had half the room in tears by the time I was done. My work there was done No, really, I felt really good when I got through. Now, some of the other people from other groups are calling me - asking me to come to their groups and speak. Whoda thunk it? Thanks to all of you who gave me the encouragement I needed.

Ruth ~ Those meeces are the worst thing I have ever seen to get rid of ~right up there with cockroaches and ants in my opinion. Just start the car ~ they'll leave if they are in your "oil thingie"

Kellie ~ Great on the contacts thing

Sil ~ I think we probably ALL have days that we feel like that ~ Cute

Ellis ~ Chin up hon. We're all here for you ~ just like you are here for us every day. We love you

Laurie & Barb ~

Rusty ~ stick with Barb and Ruth ~ they'll keep you straight

Chipper ~ Have a great day off.

Well, I'm off to try to finish up what I started an hour ago. Heh. Ya'll have a great day on the Beach ~~~~~~Love Ya
Old 02-18-2005, 12:17 PM   #21  
One meal at a time!

I was up .4 this morning. I thought it was from the pinto beans I had last night but I just saw where we can only have "one" serving of pistachios. I've been eating 2 or 3. So, I printed up the list and will be carrying it with me wherever I go. I don't know how I missed that one...
Old 02-18-2005, 12:52 PM   #22  
I can do this!

Rayneysmom, I am SOOO proud of you! What great work! Sounds like you've made it to Step 12...able to share your path with others to help them on their path. Thank you for doing that...and congrats on such wonderful success!

Karen, those nuts can do you in every time! Here's what you can have: 30 pistachios, 20 peanuts, 15 almonds, 15 cashews, 15 macadamias, or 15 hazelnuts. You can also have 2 Tbsp of nut butter IN PLACE of any of these. Pick ONE from the list each day, then no more.

When I want a snack that's "nutlike", sometimes I eat roasted soy nuts (they are actually beans). Yum!

But don't stress about it...as long as you keep reading and watching what you are doing, you'll be fine! We've all made little oops like that as we learned the plan.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:13 PM   #23  
buzz buzz buzzin along

HI Gals... Okay not doing sooo good today.. been munching on dark chocolate covered hazelnuts that my boss brought back from OR... they are my fave... I also went to Chinese buffet for and didnt' eat OP>.. ugh.. I plan to be OP after lunch and the rest of the day! Taco Bake for dinner tonight um..

My X is stressing me out and sent me this vague email about being out and medical concerns for dd... It was so cryptic... Anyway, Im stressing over this what is he trying to pull now?? I swear he does this to make me upset.. I wish he would go to deserted island somewhere and stay..

Im stressed... can't wait to go home from work..
Old 02-18-2005, 01:16 PM   #24  

Thanks for posting the info on the nuts. I have been eating the pistachios and 2tbs of peanut butter.

Day 5 is a little hard for me. With lent I can't have meat today and I don't like seafood. Drinking water is becoming harder too.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:35 PM   #25  
One meal at a time!

Laurie...I have soy nuts at home but I have a feeling I can't have these. Here are the ingredients..

Garlic and Onion Soy Nuts: soybeans, sunflower oil, sugar, salt, yeast extract, spices, onion powder, garlic powder.

Smoky BBQ Soy Nuts: soybeans, sunflower oil, sugar, salt, yeast, spices, onion powder, tomato powder, garlic powder, citric acid, artificial flavor, silicon dioxide.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:52 PM   #26  

Rusty ~ Stick with PLAIN soynuts. Like Laurie said - they are actually soy BEANS. All that flavoring and stuff is what you can't have.

Laurie ~ Through what you have posted over the last couple of days to me ~ it sounds as if you are very familiar with AA. Oh, and to answer the questions about whether DH goes to Al-Anon - yes he does. He had his meeting last night. It's just taking a while longer for him to accept that I can FINALLY take care of myself without him hovering - dreading what I might do next. Thanks for the support hon. It means alot to me.

Hunny ~ LAY OFF THE CHOCOLATE GIRLIE OR YOU WILL BE SORRY .
And you have too much to be excited over with the engagement and all. Don't let your (yours OR his) Ex's ruin what the two of you have. Tell them both to take a leaping jump at a rolling doughnut. Or doughnut hole, they may miss that easier and land on their faces Good luck and don't stress about things or other people you have no control over. You can't change them. So just spend your time being happy with you new beau.

Amber ~ How's the teeth ~ or lack thereof?? Hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:55 PM   #27  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey all! Well I didn't make it to my appt. I was soooo tired. I couldn't go to sleep last night and this morning I just felt so crappy I called and changed it. But atleast I finally have a pair that works. He said this was my last chance! lol I slept til noon on the couch!!!!!!! I have a ton of stuff I needed to be doin! We have a dinner to go to tonight for DH work. A guy is retirin. I have DD's uniform in the washer now. I still feel cruddy and don't want to do anything!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH! Of all days. No time to post to everyone since y'all have been so chatty! lol

Kelly...I am glad everything went so good for you lastnight!

Ruth...I have seen signs of those thangs in my pantry! UGH! I can't stand the thought! If I find one in my van... Well y'all might be hearin about it on the news!

I have to get goin. The washer just stopped and my sheets are beggin to be next! lol Have a great day all! I'm sure mine will turn around! (right Ellis?)
Old 02-18-2005, 02:38 PM   #28  
I can do this!

Rusty, Rayneysmom is right, stick with plain. I get mine with sea salt, roasted without oil. They are pretty harmless, so I reach for them when I just can't stop my cravings.

Rayneysmom, that's why I'm familiar with AA...I'm in OA. I definitely have an addiction, but it's to overeating, not alcohol. There are tons of similarilities, but you can't go cold turkey from food. I'm still not fully through Step 1 (as you can tell, from my soynut eating) and the only local meetings within an hour and a half of me are held on the same night that I have class...so I'm really missing the support right now. There are meetings online, but it's tough to feel comfortable opening up with a whole new group of people, you know. I'm looking forward to getting back into meetings when my classes are over. :

HunnyBee, those dark chocolate hazelnuts are OP on Phase II and III. You want to stick with no more than 1 oz of chocolate and no more than 15 nuts. But if you are in Phase 1, you'll want to start over--you need two full weeks of detox and any cheating sets you back at 0. So if that's the case, try to find some other ways to destress, like closing your eyes and imagining cuddling with your fiance ( ), taking deep breaths, going for a walk, posting here, or venting with a friend. You CAN do this, girl! I second Rayneysmom, your ex does not deserve to spoil your current happiness. Don't let him!

Bamie, I'll speak for Ellis (who should be taking a nice nap right about now...it's her turn. ) and say that your day will turn around, any minute now!
Old 02-18-2005, 04:21 PM   #29  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Raneysmom~ YEAH! You did it. Congrats.

Laurie - hugs to you - we love you and you can always open up here to us. You know that. You know I struggle with OA too. Love the book - Why Can't I Stop Eating - it has helped me tremendously. All my vices are tied together. If I have more than 2 glasses of wine I've been known to eat a whole bunch of crusty brownie edges. For me abstinence is the best policy. I'm having an adult beverage, sugar, and fat - free weekend.

Mice we used to put moth balls underneath the cars we had in storage because mice won't go anywhere near them. Never stopped the bees though.

Bami - You laundry is inspriring me. I think I'll go do some wash. I hate wash.

Honeybee - I can't touch anything sweet. Even stuff flavored with splenda and other artificial sweetners. It triggers my sweet tooth really bad even though it's not sugar. Like the brownie crash I had last weekend. I was just going to have a smidge of the crusty edge and I ended up eating a ton.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:18 PM   #30  
buzz buzz buzzin along

Default Thank you sooo much!

You guys (anchor weight, beach gal, rayneysmom) brought tears to my eyes. thanks for supporting me. I am on PH11. My X can get me anytime! U all are right! Thank you...

I will NOT emotional eat.
Closed Thread