3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Monday Chit Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/52381-monday-chit-chat.html)

2BFIT1 01-24-2005 09:39 AM

Good morning Chicks :wave:

Bonnie and Abby~~Welcome to the Beach. Hope to see you visit here often :yes:

Mamacita~~ Hey girl, are you keeping warm? I had to work last weekend (in Buckhead) and the 18* plus the heavy winds were alittle chilly, but the sun is shining this morning and we might get up to 40* :cp:

Ruth~~I wish I had heated seats like you!! Glad to hear that Hershey is on the mend. Give her a hug for me!

Bamie~~ Congrats on losing the 6 # :cb:

LC~~ I also love flax seeds on my salads and veggies but I roast them first . I also use flax-seed oil to make my salad dressing.

Gish~~I'm sending you a Private Message :)

Not much going on today. Alittle work in the kitchen maybe. They come tomorrow to measure for the countertops. If all goes well, they will be installed by my anniversary on Valentines Day! I did use the range and convection oven last Friday~what a thrill to be able to cook again!!!!

Hello to all still to visit~ I'll check back in later.

beachgal 01-24-2005 09:41 AM

Morning, Ladies!

It was a heck of a weekend, but I'm turning over a new leaf. Phase 1 this week and I went to the gym this morning in spite of it being -25 with the windchill! Brrrrrr! :strong:

Hey, LC! Glad DH doesn't have to go out in that mess! Stay warm and inside! Hope you can sneak a nap at some point! The flax seeds don't do anything for you whole. Their seed case is too hard for your body to break down and they just pass right through you. So if you are looking to bulk up your stool, it works, but otherwise does nothing. ;) Try grinding them up in a mini chopper or just buy them preground and store them in the refrigerator. I get Bob's Mill preground in the Nature's Market section of my Wegmans. They are SO healthy for you! You really need a serving of Omega 3 oils each day, and since most of the fish with Omega 3 has mercury, this is a much safer way of getting it! You can also look for eggs with Omega 3 or get Flaxseed oil (keep it refrigerated).

Mama, thermals and oatmeal sound like a lovely combination! :D Hope you have a good day in spite of the cold!!! (we need a smilie that communicates Brrrrr!)

Glad to see you back on the beach, Abby!

Ruth, glad Hersh is feeling better. Lucy must be glad! What I hate is how long it takes for fur to grow over the scar. Our little girl took about 6 months to get her fur back. Our bunny took a year! Poor little ones! :( But now she's safe from uterine cancer. :) Stay warm, Ruth!

Nally, you may want to try one thing for a week to see how it affects you rather than a new thing every day. It just takes a while to really see what's happening, you know? Have you tried to find La Tortilla Factory tortillas? They make good WW tortillas. Also, I found some at Sam's Club. Just keep looking. The low carb ones can have lots of nasty junk in them. Watch out! :yikes: Enjoy the glamor clinic...it sounds like fun! :D

Chipper, have a great appt. Glad DH is taking the GB so you can get some time for you! :D Congrats on losing that pound, but don't get in to the habit of not eating and drinking much. You do need that food and drink! :D

Bamie, I'm doing Phase 1 again this week too. Let's encourage each other, okay? :goodvibes:

Abroad, explain volksmarching, please? It sounds intriguing! :chin: Also, do post the recipe for the pb pie...anything with PB is a favorite with me! :D

Bonnie, glad to see you posting in the daily! Do know that what you lose in Phase 1 differs for each person...not just in what they eat, but more importantly, what they ate before they went on SBD and how much they weigh. If you only have a little to lose, 3 pounds is a great achievement!

Me:
Oy, did I have a heck of a weekend. I realize now that I haven't really changed my eating habits as much as I had hoped. I still want to use food to cope, and I'm having a hard time right now. DH and I made PB/choc SF ice cream this weekend and put chocolate chips in it. I had more that one serving in a sitting on Saturday, then had three huge bowls of it on Sunday. :cry: Not good!!! I also had a huge serving of WW pasta on both days. The scale was great on Sunday a.m. but up three pounds today. I'm on Phase 1 this week in hopes that it will take away the cravings, jump start better loss, and bring me back to the peaceful place I've been for all of my SBD journey until this last month.

I think being back at my parents helped me pick up some bad habits I had dropped...lost of unlimited eating. All good stuff, but still too much of it. My mom kept coming up with ways to make things I could eat...like fudge made with cocoa powder, cream cheese, and splenda (I ate a whole 9x9 pan in two days). I usually just don't eat any of that stuff or try to make it. You know? I need to get back to OA but they meet on the night I have class. When I'm done with school I'm going to have to go back. This is just too much for me to handle on my own. But I'm hoping that getting the cravings out of the way will help. :yes: So Phase 1 it is!

Have a great start to your week, chickies! Lots of :grouphug: for the ones to come!

BonnieJ 01-24-2005 09:49 AM

Thank you a broad abroad. I can't wait to see it and compare it to what I have been eating. Thank You.

Yes, we all differ BUT GOOD GRIEF this is agonizing! I weighed myself this AM and went outside and screamed really loud with frustration (I live in the boonies).

Thank you for your support.

anchor weight 01-24-2005 09:53 AM

Morning all!

Back to work! :lol: I'll be lucky if I can answer the phone with right company name. Such a busy week this week. I have the soup kitchen fundraiser next Monday and it is huge. We have already made over $80,000 in corporate sponsorships and we haven't even had the party yet! We are expecting close to a thousand people. So I'll apolgoize in advance for being nuts this week! :dizzy: Should be a good diet week though! :lol: I won't have time to eat. :lol:

Thanks for all the good wishes about the weekend. Isn't it funny how our overweight self image comes creeping back to us when we least expect it? I hadn't been self conscious at all until we were dancing and then all of a sudden I became self conscious. Oh well - I guess this process is ever evolving.

The east coast is has been getting pounded by the same storm we got. I haven't had to walk through snow up to my knees in a long time. It's a good thing I have 4 wheel drive. I had to walk through knee high snow to get into my truck, to get out of my truck into work and to get back into my truck after work. :lol: That's what happens when humans can't keep up with mother nature.

Have an OP Day!

beachgal 01-24-2005 10:29 AM

Bonnie, I'm sorry you're so frustrated. How much do you have to lose? You know that weight that comes off too fast doesn't stay off, right? It takes time. That's a good thing...it gives you time to get used to being slimmer, gives your skin time to try to go back to the way it was, gives you time to get the money to buy new outfits, and helps you adjust to eating more healthily so it stays off when you reach goal! Truly...it's a good thing. :grouphug: Why don't you post what you've been eating so we can take a peek?

HistoryChick 01-24-2005 10:55 AM

Morning Ladies!

Wow it's quite busy in here.....I too am going back to phase one....I got on the scale and am at 173........sigh....too many carbs I think....so back to phase one....Girls we can do this!!! It's cold here this morning 23 degrees....schools are closed again due to the ice...but I have to go to work....oh well....Nothing new is going on around here...I'm going to print off some phase 1 recipes and plan my week....everyone stay warm today and keep up the good work!!!

bostonchick 01-24-2005 11:00 AM

Good morning everyone, I am so sorry for everyone having snow. I spoke to my parents on cape cod yesterday and they got 36 inches.. Unbelievable. We have gotten some effects of the northeast storm, lots of gale force winds and rain. But today is on and off rain and sun. I ended my two weeks of phase one and I am down 6 pounds which I am quite happy with. I will be continuing phase one for a few more weeks until I go on a cruise in February. I may add in some oatmeal or kashi cereal if I feel I get stuck. Thanks again to all of you for your suport. It is great your all here, and GO PATS................

sxyredhead 01-24-2005 11:07 AM

Good Morning Everyone:

I am new to SB, in fact I am starting the 2nd week of P1 today. I lost 9 pounds my first week and look forward to seeing what the scale and my clothes say at the end of this week.

My husband and I are going on a cruise to Alaska in July and I decided this was a good reason to start working on myself. I hope to have lost 40 pounds by July.

I look forward to joining you guys on this board!

Have a great OP day!!

BonnieJ 01-24-2005 11:10 AM

What I ate

OK, lets see what you think. I haven't done very well the last few days ..obviously since I gained a pound...but here it is

Friday
1/2 C 1% fat cottage cheese
1/4 container low carb/low fat yogurt

2C lettuce
couple scallions
1 really small canadian bacon
2 1/2 TB salad dressing form SBD book

1 skinless chicken breast
1/2C green beans (plain)
1/4 C squash (plain)

1/2 C SF jello

Saturday
1/2C 1% fat cottage cheese

4 small carrots

1 chicken breast
in about 1 C stir fry veggies (chinese cabbage, onion, mushroom, carrots)
cooked in soy sauce and rice vinegar

Sunday really bad day
1/2C 1% fat cottage cheese
1/2 container low carb/low fat yogurt

1C green beans with 1Ts Smart Balance
two bites of canned tuna fish (yuk, I couldn't eat it)

5 small carrots
low carb popcicle (20 calories)
tried to eat a turkey wing my husband had cooked but couldn't
so no protein

sxyredhead 01-24-2005 11:10 AM

bostonchick:
I lived in Bermuda for 8 years and absolutely loved it! Which parrish do you live in? I was on the Navy base from 1979-1987. I practically grew up there.
Lara

BonnieJ 01-24-2005 11:15 AM

oops I fogot

Sorry, you also asked how much I want to lose.

I am going to lose 33 pounds; from 173 to 140.

I am 5'5" and 41 years old.

ellis 01-24-2005 11:32 AM

Good grief!! 25 posts!!
Just got in from seeing my psychi... back later...
Oh, Bonnie... you're not eating enough! That'll slow down your metabolism, and you'll stop losing. Your body goes into starvation mode.

AZLowcarber 01-24-2005 11:39 AM

Newbie here, just wanted to say "hello" :wave: I'm enjoying reading the board and getting familiar with everyone :) I'm on my second week of Phase 1 and am really finding this plan easy to follow. Keeping my fingers crossed that I continue to feel this way :)

2BFIT1 01-24-2005 11:59 AM

Hello and Welcome to all the Newbies :wave:

bostonchick 01-24-2005 12:02 PM

HI Lara, I live in St. George. I absolutely love it here. I have been travelling here for over 10 years and have a lot of great friends and just felt at home. I then applied for about 100 jobs to get here and was about to give up when I got the job at the hospital. I am a medical social worker and it is very interesting work. I will be here a year at the end of march and I haven't regretted my move for a second. Where are you on SBD? Do you like it? Where do you live now? Must og eat, I'll be back later.