South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 10:02 AM   #16  

Hi tilley,
yes I moved from Boston to Bermuda at the end of March. I love it and I haven't missed the boston winters yet. I was home for Christmas and it was 9 degrees and we got 11 inches of snow that did it for me for awhile. I grew up on Cape cod and then spent the last 10 years in Boston the last 8 I was in Brighton on the Newton line. Wow we were neighbors. Excellent job on the weight loss... I have had many stops and starts and do keep going down but just very slowly....It is great to have this support network here to keep us all motivated and OP. Have a great day....
Old 01-12-2005, 10:05 AM   #17  

29 degrees and snowing here. We're heading into some cold weather - tomorrow's high is -2, Friday's is -3. Brrrr! I'll be INSIDE, thank you very much.

It was a week ago today that I printed out the SB Phase I food list and headed to the grocery store. I rolled out of bed this morning with one thing on my mind - Weigh-in time! I'm happy to report I'm down slightly over 4 pounds. I can't hardly believe it!

This morning I'm off to do errands. First off is coffee from the local roaster, then on to drop off books at the library. Then I head to the offices of a local magazine to meet with the editor and hopefully convince her to throw a few assignments my way. On to the fish house (trout for dinner!) and the food co-op for tahini and other health-conscious food. Finally, the grocery store. I've been tracking how much this diet is costing us, and it ain't cheap! $250 in the first week. I'm hoping that part of that is "start-up costs", as I don't think I can reasonably afford $1000/month for two people on this diet. Tell me it ain't so!

Currently I'm trying to throw some food down my throat and wake up, all the while chasing around the newest member of the household - an eight week old pug puppy named Frodo. Currently he's more than happy to sleep in my arms or on my foot, but I need my arms and feet. When I try to put him down on the couch for a nap he stands and barks at me. Babies!
Old 01-12-2005, 10:09 AM   #18  
A Lily from my yard!

Anchor... I did read that! That old Alabama song went through my mind! "There's an old flame burnin in your eyes!" teehee!
You go gurl! So when is the next one? How exactly did y'all "bump" into each other again? I hope it's a hot steamy romance that you share so we can live our dull life through you! haha ROTFLMBO!
Old 01-12-2005, 10:15 AM   #19  
Faith in me

Good morning everyone!!

Wow we're on a roll this morning in here....I have to say I'm jealous that it's cold where ya'll are and ya'll have snow......I want that.....Call me a weirdo if ya want but when it's supposed to be winter...I want winter weather...I mean it's gonna be in the mid 70's here today in VA! I can't believe it! Nothing new is really going on here for me...my blue jeans are very loose...which means I get to go try on some 12's....I bought a pair of 12 pants for work and they fit great....I was at my Grandma's yesterday and well she was like...You know you can't shop at Lane Bryant anymore....and it just hit me...I was like "Oh my gosh! you're right!" I have to say that's a weird feeling....a very weird feeling...I haven't been this small since I was in...maybe middle school if that...so this is really strange for me...i've noticed that the transition from being heavy...like I used to be and to where I am now...it's just really wild....I am so glad that I have found a diet that really works....and I am so blessed that I have you guys here supporting me along the way....everyone is doing such a fantastic job on the beach! Let's keep it up!!
Old 01-12-2005, 10:22 AM   #20  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Why aren't we busy bees today ladies!!! Page 2 already!

Coworker bought me a "taco" salad for lunch yesterday. I drank lots (to me) of water and for dinner had one small bowl of pasta -- but I also had some garlic bread sitting in the freezer for 3 months. I made it and ate it all.

Bad for SB, good for my stomach. But I can not wait to eat SB friendly again. It's weird to say that, but it's true. I mean, I got on the scale this morning and am +3 now.

I am craving salads and beans and veggies and and and!!!

Especially when you all are soooo motivating. January 22nd can't come fast enough!

Hope all else is well.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:50 AM   #21  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jenn,
January 22nd? Is that a special day for you? it's coming up soon!!
Old 01-12-2005, 11:01 AM   #22  

Default Phase 1.5

I have decided that phase 1.5 is what I am doing. Did great last week but this week has been more of a struggle. Had a couple of cookies yesterday

Today is a new day though and I am on plan and am going to stay that way. Washed lettuce and celery last night and have a left over chicken breast for lunch.

What should I have for dinner?
Old 01-12-2005, 11:15 AM   #23  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Did all ya'll (Bami ) notice that I'm teetering at 200? I'm on the fence. I weighed myself 3 times to see that needle pop down to 199 but it didn't move. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bami - I feel like a great big dork! I don't know how to date anymore - I haven't been single for 17 years. Mucho history with this guy. I was his first girlfriend he asked me to marry him twice - the second time was two days before my first wedding - to someone else. How romantic is that?!? So I was surprised to hear from him. Then my good buddy said he canceled his engagement to someone else right before Christmas. So this could get very interesting. For the record I did encourage him to re-think his engagement. So I may or may not see him this weekend. I'll keep ya posted.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:15 AM   #24  
RNMOM

Default Whoa! Slow down!

Sheesh, you guys are busy this morning.

Well, I had a nice very long reply to everyone this morning and then my finger spazzed out or something and I lost it

Oh, well.

I finally woke up feeling like I might survive. This detox stuff is hard for me. I've had a constant headache since Monday, yesterday was the worst. I knew that it would go away if I could just eat a dozen Krispie kreme donuts..... Anyway, glad the worst if over. I've had about 5 days off from work and I'm glad. I needed that time to get SB strong.

Everyone sounds like they are doing well, and glad everyone is safe. Be careful out there, weird weather we're having.

I was going through some pictures last night and decided I would post some before and after's. I didn't realize how different I looked (I see me everyday) until I saw these. Kind of impressive. Anyway, if I can figure out how to do that I will.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:19 AM   #25  
RNMOM

Default Anchor weight....

I'm cheering for you....................onederland! It's gonna happen. I used to date this wrestler in high school and he would spit do get his weight down.....ewwww
Old 01-12-2005, 11:32 AM   #26  
A Lily from my yard!

Anchor... Stay in it Girl you're almost there! Yipeeeeeee! Oh I can't wait to hear what happens with you 2. Nothing like a second chance! Y'all should have been on that show on TLC! teehee! Keep us posted!
Old 01-12-2005, 11:39 AM   #27  

It's been really busy at work today. That's what I get for taking the day off. Also my team lead is sick today so I have to handle some of his responsibilities.

Yesterday was wonderful. I am a bit sore after taking the Intro to Pilates class but not too much. It feels good to know I used those muscles. Today will just be regular cardio and the weight machines but I am thinking tomorrow I might just be able to squeeze in a half hour Pilates class and still have time to fix dinner and get to the Cub Scout roundtable meeting on time.

I got to edit my signature today with my weekly weigh-in. It feels good to officially be below 150 (even after two slices of sugarfree strawberry pie for my birthday). I am back to losing again and I WILL make goal this month!

RNMOM - I know what you mean. I don't realize how different I look until I see an old picture. Plus my clothes are really hanging on me today... I may have to go shopping again and I just hate to spend the money.

We were in the 70's yesterday but we're getting a cold front tonight. We'll be back in the 30's. Y'all are welcome to come down to Dallas. Our idea of cold would probably seem like Spring to many of you.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:34 PM   #28  
buzz buzz buzzin along

Hi gals, DP said I don't feel like a diet. I told him it's not and Im seriously considering after next week banish the word "diet" and "forever" from vocabulary.. Im down 4lbs from Monday and thinking Im not doing too bad w/ SB...
A friend who is doing the beach with me used to work w/ my coworker and she warned me that my coworker is a SABOTAGER... we bet by the end of the week she would either bring me lunch or goodies or something... Well lo and behold she called me in her office to ask if I can come to a dinner party on Saturday. Guess what's she's having... SPAGHETTI PIE. she said I know your on diet and can't have it but it's the only thing I can make since Im getting my hair done that day before the Dinner.. it's only Wednesday so who knows what the rest of the week will bring <LOL>> I don't know if we will go or maybe go late after dinner to just hang out...
Old 01-12-2005, 12:39 PM   #29  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Oh, man! It is GREAT to see so many posting in the daily but there is no way I can keep up with posting to everyone and still keep my job! I am supposed to be working!

Anchor, I am THRILLED for you, girl!!! ONEderland, here you come! I cannot wait to get there! (RN, you are killing me with the spitting thing.... )

Abadoozy, I spend about $120 in groceries each week, and used to spend about $80 or $90. I did spend more in the beginning, when I was stocking up on Splenda, syrups, Smart Balance, breads, flaxseed, etc. Now it's much cheaper. I also make a vegetarian meal at least once a week to cut down on meat costs. We buy a lot at Sam's Club to save, too. Congrats on the loss! The puppy sounds darling!

Ruth, I'm not believing it...I think the lady doth protest too much. Who cares if his teeth are broken...at least he has some! Ladies, Ruth is an outrageous flirt. I want to take lessons...if I could get some of the men on my street to do my chores, I would have more time to engage in enlightening experiences... Glad that you have good friends, Ruth, but not surprised. You are a wonderful lady! So, tell us who IS on the third husband list?

thobbs, have you done two weeks of Phase 1 yet? If not, start anew today and do this! Find more exciting things to eat (how about making a taco bake for dinner and having that for lunch tomorrow...yummmm! ) and do this!

Jenn, I'm glad you found something to eat yesterday. No worries...when 1/22 comes, you can hop back on the wagon. We'll save you a comfy spot!

Mama, I'm so glad you're okay!!! What a terrible experience! Two dark-skinned people wearing dark clothes were standing to the left of a car that was in the lane last night when I approached. The headlights of an approaching car backlit them at the last second and I had to swerve to avoid hitting them. They just laughed! Urgh...get out of the road, people!

Me: Well, the ole weight is bouncing around-222 today. DH came home last night late and I stayed up to welcome him...then I ended up doing a lot of welcoming (does that count as exercise?) so I was too exhausted to go to the gym this morning. I have Jazzercise tomorrow though and then back to the gym on Friday.

Had a steak, great grains, and broccoli with cheese sauce for dinner last night. Tonight is a minestrone soup with lots of veggies and more greens. I'm really loving that turnips and greens recipe. I had some more last night when I got home from class. They really hit the spot! I'll have to lug the huge cookbook in to work and type it in for you guys.

Have a great day!
Old 01-12-2005, 12:50 PM   #30  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNMOM
I used to date this wrestler in high school and he would spit do get his weight down.....ewwww

I'm laughing so hard I'm snorking!
Closed Thread