South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 06:27 PM   #16  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Goddess Jessica - I'm soooo proud of you. Way to go! I don't know if I could have done it. Someone was making fried shrimp and calamari yesterday and it was driving me up the wall just smelling it.

TXmomof3 - Planning ahead worked great for me. I wish I could have planned the last couple of days better. I get the feeling that I've not lost a pound this week.

I managed to make it through the pizza and movies. I ate a salad at Pizza Hut and pistachios at the theatre. We had chicken and salad for dinner.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 10-24-2004, 07:55 AM   #17  

Height: 5'-2"

Jessica, you are freakin' AMAZING, girl!

Thanks, RNMom... Dad's celebration was wonderful. Some of his dearest friends read tributes to him, etc, and my BIL performed a song that he'd written for Dad called, "Fever for Life". It was all so very beautiful. I kept thinking Dad was going to walk into the room, but you're right... he was "there".
Enjoy your porridge tomorrow!

I'm going to do "Fitday" today, and see how it goes...
It's another beautiful day here... enjoy the weather, Ruth!
Old 10-24-2004, 08:33 AM   #18  
RNMOM

Default Ellis

I'm glad you had a good time, I thought about you all day.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:39 AM   #19  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Had a wonderful day in Asheville yesterday...I cheated a little bit with a breakfast sandwich, but only b/c I was starved and there was no place else to eat...but the rest of the day I drank lots of water and had yummy chicken salad, egg salad on whole grain bread, some olive tapenade and about 15 mixed nuts. Then walked and walked and walked.

Bought just about everything I wanted to get and found some stuff that I just "had" to have...then when I was almost broke, I found $40! So I was able to buy just a wee bit more...thank goodness it wasn't $100, or I'd never have crammed everything in my car!!

The leaves (what I saw of them) were very pretty...lots of golds and some maroons...but with no sun, it wasn't as spectacular as I'd hoped.

Today is guild meeting and I'm getting a lesson in how to make sock heels. So, I'm going to scram out of here...Jessica WTG on the fried stuff!!

Hope you all have a great day on the Beach~~

Mamacita
Old 10-24-2004, 10:30 AM   #20  
A Lily from my yard!

Well a quick pop in. I've had my shower but have not started getting ready for church yet. I've got to start doin better on my budget cause I am pretty much out of grocery money and the firt isn't until next Mon.! Oh well I'll think of something. Maybe "borrow" from somewhere else. The old rob Peter to pay Paul I guess! tee-hee Yesterday I made baked spaghetti with WW pasta. Ummm... well it is ok but that ww pasta is kind of stiff. But it's on plan so I will probably eat alot of it this week! haha Ok I have to go get DS up to get him goin he has a lot of his momma in him and does not wake up well! Take care chicks! Ellis I am so glad all went well for you and your family yesterday! Have a great day all!
Old 10-24-2004, 11:00 AM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie post. I had another crappy night of sleep and did not get up until nearly eight. After I'd whined about that in my journal , I decided it was Be Nice to Ruthie Day and had a lovely soak in the tub. That helped lift my mood.

I could be outside gardening but have decided to study lines for this afternoon's 1 PM rehearsal. I need to dig out a dress and figure out how to put on panti-hose because it's time to get in 1960's character. Heels are on the plan to but I'm not sure how my knee will stand it. Lunch will be just and apple and some Laughing Cow en route but I have planned shrimp and baby spinach for dinner.

It sounds like most of us have had a good weekend. Ellis, I thought of you a lot yesterday - what a gorgeous day for your Dad's party!

Hugs to everyone.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:44 PM   #22  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Evening all!

I worked real hard at staying OP today. I'm afraid that the scale will not be my friend tomorrow. I had way to many cheese stick/pistachios this week with all my trainings and shoppings. I really pumped the veggies today at every meal and snack. I don't think I'm going to make my big goal I set for myself but I'm going to get as close as I can.

My friend who had a baby recently was having problems with water retention after delivery. Her legs blew up so big she couldn't walk. Her doctor kept poo pooing it and telling her it would go away. She ended up back in the hospital with congestive heart failure and away from her brand new baby for 4 days. Everyone kept telling her that it wasn't right but she said she trusted her doctor. Just another reminder - chickies that we are responsible for our own health care and no one else.

I took DS to a halloween block party today. They block off the street and the kids play games, decorate pumpkins and we had a sidewalk chalk art exposition. It was pretty fun. Lots and lots of candy, cookies and cupcakes. I decided to buy cupcakes at the grocery store because I just don't want to be exposed to all the goodies. They were decorated for halloween and the kids loved them.

Bami - DR says it takes about 2 -3 months to get the budget thing figured out. I made mine stricter and I begin Nov 1 with the super strict one.

Hope all had a good weekend.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:05 PM   #23  
A Lily from my yard!

Well Anchor at the rate I'm goin it'll take me 2-3 years!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha I'm goin to bed to watch one of my fav shows. Wild Card on lifetime! Night chickies!
Closed Thread