South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 12:28 AM   #16  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Ohhh poor babies, the family is in my prayers .
Old 10-09-2004, 11:38 AM   #17  

I'll be praying for them <333
Old 10-11-2004, 10:15 AM   #18  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hallelujah, and THANK YOU for all of your prayers, ladies!!!

Ange and Ethan are doing so well! Ethan was delivered at 9:27 a.m. on Saturday. He came out "pink and kicking" which was a great sign! He weighed in at 1 lb and 4 oz (one ounce more than they had expected) and 11.75 inches long. He was immediately put on a ventilator, but is doing so well that as long as he had a good night last night, he'll be off it today, which is a miracle!!! They figured he'd be on the ventilator with massive amounts of oxygen for weeks and weeks!!! He is so very tiny, and very pink from having thin skin, but he is beautiful and so perfect, too. Like perfection in miniature. I have not been able to see him in person, but have heard reports, seen pictures (thank God for digital cameras) and even a short video. Ethan even has tiny little fingernails the size of polka dots! :

Ange is recovering well and was up and walking yesterday afternoon. She was able to go see Ethan, and the first thing she said was "Hi, Ethan, Mommy loves you!"

He is only 26 weeks and won't be comfortable being touched until 34 weeks, and I know it must be so hard for Ange and Brian (daddy) to keep from holding him until then, but I know they are also so happy to know that he's doing well. We're not out of the woods yet, though, so continued prayers would be such a blessing.

Thank you all for your support...it means the world to me and to Ange, Brian, and Ethan, too.

Old 10-11-2004, 12:18 PM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What great news! Thanks for letting us know.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:58 PM   #20  
A Lily from my yard!

Oh my gosh that is wonderful! Praise the Lord for His Goodness and Mercy! You are so right it is a Miracle! Will keep them and you in my prayers and will send out a Praise report to my prayer list! Keep us posted when you can.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:16 PM   #21  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Laurie! Thank God!!
Old 10-12-2004, 04:39 PM   #22  

Oh this is such wonderful news, Laurie! I am so very happy to hear this! It brought tears to my eyes.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:03 PM   #23  
I can do this!

Hi, everyone! Here's an update on Ange, Brian, and baby Ethan, written by Ange:

Quote:
Hi All,

It's Sunday night and I got to spend about 3 hours with Ethan today and about 2 hours yesterday. Things are going very well. Our prayers are working! I got to change his diaper yesterday, my first time! I was so scared, he is just so small and fragile.

He is still off his respirator and is pretty much breathing on his own. He has a tiny bit of help with extra oxygen, but he is doing all the breathing work on his own. We also started feeding him breastmilk yesterday and so far he seems to tolerate it. This is our second attempt, the first time he did not tolerate it. But so far, so good. Now he needs to grow!

I am sending three pictures this time. The first one was taken by me today. It is a good picture of him, now that he has the breathing tubes out. The second ones are to show some perspective. There is one where Ethan is holding Brian's hand and the second one is him in my hand.

I hope and pray that things are well with you and yours and thank you so much for all the prayers and love you have all given our family.

In His love,
ange
I've attached the three pictures. Please don't be scared at how pink and shiny Ethan is...they put a lotion on his skin to keep him moist and to protect him from the heat lamp. I think he is so perfect and beautiful...little baby!

Thank you SO much for your prayers and good thoughts! :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg babyethansmall.jpg (38.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Ethan holding Brian's handsmall.jpg (23.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Ethan in Ange's Handsmall.jpg (28.0 KB, 48 views)
Old 10-19-2004, 04:15 PM   #24  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Ohhhhhhhhhhh how sweet.

GOD IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 04:58 PM   #25  
A Lily from my yard!

Oh thank you so much for the update. The lady I email requests to had asked me to keep her updated as her grandaughter just got out of the hospital due to being a premmie. God is good all the time and all the time God is good! I forwarded her the note from Ange and one of the pics. Keep us posted!
Old 10-20-2004, 12:02 AM   #26  

Laurie, that is so wonderful to hear. What a petite little sweetie he is. Before Ange knows it, she will be cuddling him and bringing him home.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:56 AM   #27  

Height: 5'-2"

Laurie, what a beautiful little miracle.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:09 AM   #28  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

He is absolutely gorgeous! Do keep us posted, Laurie!
Old 10-20-2004, 08:32 AM   #29  
I can do this!

Thanks so much, girls! It means so much to know that others are as excited as I am by this miracle!

I got an e-mail from Ange last night and she said that yesterday she and Brian got to hold Ethan for the first time. I'm so happy for her! She's still very tired, but I think that's probaby fairly normal for a mom who is pumping (or breastfeeding) and recovering from a c-section, right?

Thank you all for your prayers! What a wonderful group this is! :
Old 10-20-2004, 10:03 AM   #30  

Laurie, it is very normal for her to be tired. I went back to work 8 weeks after my son had been born. He was born by c-section and was waking every three hours all night to nurse. I would pump several times during the work day. I am assuming she has a double pump with a good electric motor. That is really important especially when pumping for a premie. Two of my friends used mine when their babies were in the hospital. One was a 2 lb premie and the other had hydrocephaly and had surgery the day he was born.

In your friend's case she is also under a lot of stress and worry so she probably isn't sleeping too well. She really needs to be resting as much as possible. It also helps to continue taking vitamins. She and her baby are in my prayers.
Closed Thread