South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 07:04 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Beach Chat - October 7

Good morning, Beach Beauties!

I thought I'd come in here and crab about not sleeping but I just got up! :LOL: I lay in bed awake whining to myself about waking up too early since my clock said 2:10. After ten minutes I realized it was getting bright outside and got up. The darn clock is dead! I have a 7:30 breakfast meeting so had better get dressed and outta her. (And put a new clock on my shopping list for today. Batteries should last more than four days, right?)

Have a good start to today, Chickies. I'll pop in after my meeting.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:19 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

I did NOT want to get out of bed this morning. That tells me this cold has totally kicked my tail feathers. Usually, I'm up and ready to roll early...even on weekends I can't "sleep in" like a lot of people. Too afraid I'll miss something!

I'm too happy that it's Thursday. My last full workday of the week. Yesterday I was slammed...seems like everyone and their brother needed labwork done...and wouldn't you know, every 3rd person had a case of "shy bladder" and sat in the bathroom for 15 minutes before they could produce a specimen! Nothing like that to cause a waiting room backlog! Everyone was getting so impatient and so hungry I thought they'd pick the weakest one there and attack!

Ruth, have you thought about an electric clock that has a battery back-up? I don't trust battery operated clocks, for the very reason you mentioned.

Well, time to get myself in gear here...

Hope you all have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 10-07-2004, 08:02 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, I love your clock story.

Mamacita, you need a day off! Take care of that cold, hon!

Lauren, I hope your kitty is alright.

Jen, I'm so very sorry about Sammy. What a tragedy.

Sorry... I'm just rushing out the door to do something for Mom, but I'll be back later...
Love and hugs to all...
Old 10-07-2004, 08:20 AM   #4  

Hi everybody,
I woke the household this morning with my WOOOHHOOOOO!! when I got on the scale and found a loss. I'm so psyched. I was kind of in a slump in September and kept bobbing up and down, but perserverence paid off because I've lost 4 of the 6 pounds needed for my October goal. Part of me says 'ok to slack off, have a treat now' but the other part sees 'Onederland' so close that I can taste it (bad metaphor in the circumstances?!)

The other point of celebration this morning is that my son has decided he likes flax meal pancakes after all, and prefers cinnamon/ricotta to maple syrup. He's been a holdout on my new way of cooking (Why is there flax in everything?!) so it's quite a coup!

Mamacita, sorry you're feeling so lousy. What a run of luck you've had these past weeks. Hopefully you will have time to coddle yourself a little today and beat that awful cold.

Jen, I must have missed a post yesterday because I'm not sure what you're going through. I'll send positive thoughts your way and hope they contribute to your strength to handle what you need to get through.

Ellis, your Mom must need a lot of support now. My own mother found that the support dwindled in the weeks following my Dad's funeral, as if everybody expected her to just pick up and get over a 30-year marriage within weeks. It's good that you are there for her.

Ruth, I guess you've been so used to your two furry alarm clocks that the digital one didn't matter! Hope you'll get them back soon (maybe with a few miniature alarm clocks in tow!)

Have great days to those who can, and strength to those who are enduring difficult times. I'm off to walk the dog in this Indian Summer (26C!)...
Old 10-07-2004, 09:22 AM   #5  

Good morning!

Just sipping on my coffee, easing into the day. These slow, leisurely morning sure make me wish I didn't have to work! Oh well, the bills must get paid somehow or another!

Ruth Too funny, my DH sets 2 alarms so that he is sure to get up. It is awful on the mornings that I don't need to be up!

Heidi WTG on already losing 4 pounds!! If you keep at it, just think how much you will lose by the end of the month!!

Mama Yippee for the weekends!!

Going to lunch with two of my girlfriends today. We are going to a neat little restaurant in the historic part of McKinney, the town I live in. Soups, salads, and sandwiches are the menu. I already have decided on the Chicken Ceasar Salad, and I will just do the dressing on the side and only use a smidgen of it. Dinner at my mom's tonight and then DD is having a sleepover. I think that DH and I will go see a movie and go out for a drink afterwards. I am looking forward to that!

Talk to you all later!
Old 10-07-2004, 09:39 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning everybody.

My boss is going to be at my store again, today. Sigh. We're getting trained on a new computer system. I love my boss to death, but I don't like having her around all the time, ya know? Makes me nervous.

So, why is it that when you finally get caught up, something else bad happens? Terry and I FINALLY are to the point where we can pay all the bills. So what happened? The dryer broke last night. The light comes on when you open it, just when you try to start it, it goes "click......click......click....." instead of starting. We tried everything, including kicking it as hard as we can. So, looks like we need to get somebody out here to look at it soon, as I don't own an iron.

Volleyball wasn't very fun last night. We lost 5 out of 6 games. Ugh. I think we're getting ready for a break.

Well anyway, that's my life in a nutshell. Hope you all are doing great.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:00 AM   #7  

Ruth, Hee hee hee. I've been there too.

Mama, I am still nursing myself back to health too -- feeling a bit better every day now. <groans> I hate being sick. I sure hope you can take some time to rest and feel better soon!!

Ellis, You take care and have a great day!

Heidi, YAHOO! I know exactly how that feels and it is sure great to get that reinforcement that your perserverance paid off!! (I had a similar experience this morning too!) Congrats!! I am really excited for Onederland too!! Go team!!

Karen, You're smart to plan ahead on what you're going to have at lunch! Sounds like you have a super day/night planned! Enjoy yourself!

Lots of little projects I am trying to conquer about the house today. The big one is trying to de-clutterize -- I am a recovering packrat who lives with a die-hard packrat and we recently inherited a lot of stuff from my mom when she moved to Florida and my grandparents when they sold their BIG house to move to a small condo... I have my work cut out for me. (I love that show "Clean Sweep!")

I was thinking about this yesterday... before I started SBD, I really wasn't a big vegetable eater. And even now, sometimes I don't eat all the servings that I should in one day. But I have really noticed that the weeks I lose the most weight, are the weeks I eat lots of veggies. So I am really trying to eat my veggies. Sometimes I drink some V-8 juice on those days when I don't get enough -- but I feel like that is "cheating". I wish I could be one of those people who don't mind eating the same thing every day, but I get so sick of the same thing over and over... I just need to find more veggies I like! I guess you can't expect to change a lifetime of appetites and taste preference in a few months time.

Have a good OP day chicks!
Old 10-07-2004, 10:58 AM   #8  

Morning! I'm working from home today since I have to take the cubs on a field trip this afternoon. Should be a lot of fun.

I'm also trying to get ready for my trip to Corpus Christi tomorrow. I heard at the Cub leader training last night that the son of my neighbor was taken to the emergency room in an ambulance on Tuesday with a broken bone. Since she was going to drive us, I need to talk to her and find out if she is still able to go. I really doubt it but I don't even know what bone was broken. Supposedly we will be doing a lot of climbing of stairs on the Lexington so I doubt if her son could manage. So, I may be driving by myself.

I just picked up snacks for my son for the car and zucchini for me. I'll probably toss in some bananas too. I can't do much about what I eat on the ship but I can control what I eat on the way down and back. Mapquest says it is a 7 hour drive but we will need to stop for dinner and gas and bathroom breaks so it will be pretty late when we get there. Brian gets out of school at 3 so we'll leave straight from there.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:15 AM   #9  

Buenos Dias, chicas! What a day it has been already! I was up til 2 am with the mom of the kids I nannied for, and severely overslept til 7:!7 and rushed myself and the two little ones out the door for a 7:45 train and MADE IT! Then I rushed home, changed and rushed in to work. I am finally getting to a little breakfast and alas, added wayyyyy too much cinnamon to my yogurt. It's definitely one of those days!

Ruth- that is a funny story! At least you got enough rest!

Mama- Sorry that people weren't so nice yesterday. My mom has a sign that says you have pay her $10 if you are rude or cranky. It is funny. Hope you feel better!

Ellis- you sound so busy! Give your mom an extra hug from all of us.

Heidi- Congrats!!!!!!! That is fantastic! If only I woke up my roommate with a weight loss woohoo. I think you should treat yourself at the end of the October goal, and double the treat if you surpass your goal. Here's my little contribution to your party:

Karen: your day sounds great. Have a fun date with the hubby tonight!

Weezle: You poor thing! Good luck with the dryer. Irons are pretty inexpensive at Walmart though. Definitely shake your clothes out and rub out the wrinkles by hand before trying to dry them, it'll make your life a little easier.

Kryss- I am such a pat rat too! But they are my treasures. Have a garage sale, that might help!

Ok, chicas, off to read up on everything that I have missed since life got crazy. I thought things were going to slow down after LSATs but now the other secretary got fired, so I am covering, and I have applications and essays to look into. Ah! Hopefully, I will survive!
Old 10-07-2004, 02:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone!
I've been too busy to post these past few days, but I've been trying to check in and read some posts in the meantime. It seems as if I don't have a life of my own anymore. You would think since I don't have a regular full-time job that I'd have a lot of time on my hands, but it's just the opposite! I've been managing to stay OP and try to work out at Curves every day, but even though I'm losing inches, my weight seems to have stabilized itself. I've gained and lost the same 3 lbs. since the end of July! Oh, well, something has to give sooner or later. I'M NOT GIVING UP!!! It just seems that the closer I get to my goal weight, the harder it is to lose it.

Ruth, How are the puppies doing? Seems we all have the same problem with alarm clocks! We ended up getting a wind-up alarm besides the digital one.

Mamacita, You poor girl, first the spider bites and now the cold! Hope you are soon on the road to a complete recovery of both!

Heidi, WOOHOOOOOOO on the lost lbs!!!!! I haven't tried the flaxmeal pancakes yet, but would probably like them because I use flax in a lot of things. I'll have to put them on my menu.

Kiko, Sounds like you have a fun day ahead of you, enjoy!

Weezle, Hope you can get your dryer fixed soon. I enjoy hanging out my wash to dry but I also enjoy the convenience of a dryer when I need it. Seems like every time we get a little ahead, something comes along to set us back again, too.

Kryss, Glad you're feeling better.

Barb, What a shame about your friend! Hope it doesn't ruin your trip, and that she's OK. You are so good about planning your snacks in advance!

Kvixen, Get a good nite's sleep tonight!

Jake is finally putting up the crown-moulding that he promised me he'd do in April when we painted! It's been taking him all week because he's such a "perfectionist", but it's looking really nice so I can't complain. It would have cost a fortune to have it done professionally. Supper is starting to smell good - I made stuffed peppers and put them in the crockpot to cook all day. I poured tomato sauce over them and will add some mozzarella cheese on top right before serving them. Ciao!
Old 10-07-2004, 03:05 PM   #11  
A Lily from my yard!

A quick hello! Looks like everyone is doin pretty good today! Mama I needed you yesterday when I had my MRI. They had to do contrast because of previous back surgery and she blew my vein out and had to find another that was after several sticks and lots of poking around! I do have small veins but oh my gosh! Enjoying my time with my Mom. We went to my fav. mexican rest. the best one I have ever ate at. I had only a few chips and did not order my reg. item cause I knew I would stuff it all down. Made up my mind before hand to only eat 1/2 of whatever I ordered and stuck to it! I'm meeting a friend for dinner at my fav. italian rest. and I am not holding back! haha I won't eat bread but I will have a side of pasta! tee-hee Hope everyone has a good rest of the day.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:09 PM   #12  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Just a drive-by -- I've been in meetings alll day today!

Hope everyone is well!!!

lauren
Old 10-07-2004, 03:35 PM   #13  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Just a drive by from me too!!!! Everything that is related to technology in my office and school as gone on the fritz. I've been to Office Depot twice today. I'll peep in later.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:01 PM   #14  
I vant to draw your blood

Oh, Bamie! I'm so sorry about your experience at the radiology dept. Was that at Huntsville Hospital? I think my cousin, Genie, is an RN there, but she works in Med/Surg, so she probably wasn't responsible for your collapsed vein. Thank goodness for that...I'd have to give her an earful, otherwise!

Ok, gonna go collapse in bed with something warm and liquid and alcoholic. See you all Manana!

Mamacita
Closed Thread