South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 12:32 PM   #16  
buckie

Default Hello All

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is as glad as I am that it is Friday! I have decided to continue Phase I for one more week! I have a wedding next weekend. My husband's brother is getting married and I want to be looking good - so I want to drop 10 pounds by then!(I am out 8.5 loss) (my husbands family is all small so I am the largest one!) Anyway, I wish everyone lots of luck this weekend (they seem to be the hardest for me ) and I will talk to you all later!

Buckie
Old 09-24-2004, 12:32 PM   #17  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Kiko, we posted at the same time! Glad you are back...and lots of for a return to Phase 1!
Old 09-24-2004, 12:33 PM   #18  

Hello all--just got out of a meeting with my thesis advisor--the nice one--so I'm in a good mood. She seems to think I can go on the job market this fall with high hopes. (I had a meeting with the less-supportive advisor a week ago Monday--before I went on SBD--and he made me so mad and depressed that I went straight from his office to Trader Joe's and bought cookies and chocolate and wine. That was instructive on how easy it is to reach for food when I'm upset.)

More scale-dropping today--which was very happily surprising, since I had my first (and I hope only) off-plan moment yesterday afternoon. I went out for a drink with some big cheeses in my department after a colloquium, planning to have water or Diet Coke, but succumbed to group pressure and had a small glass of red wine. I had a lighter dinner to make up for it calorically, but I was sure that the wine would reverse the SBD detox and stall the weight loss. But no!

Anchor Weight--do you feel slimmer in your clothes yet? I don't at all, even though the scale shows that I've lost 4.5 lbs. Not that I would expect to see a difference after only 4 days, of course, but 4.5 lbs sounds like it should make a difference.

Mamacita--two ideas: Aveeno oatmeal bath for your bites? I had all-over hives once and nothing helped but that. Also, instead of salmon fillets, try salmon or swordfish steaks for your DH--pat dry, brush with oil and fry them in a very hot cast-iron pan so the outside gets a deep caramel brown, then serve with soy sauce and ginger.

Another awesome OP seafood recipe is the falafel-crusted shrimp in the current Everyday Food (spinoff of Martha Stewart magazine--available in grocery checkout line)--it uses falafel mix, which is spiced ground chickpeas, not flour, to coat the shrimp, which you then pan-fry. There's a yogurt-parsley dipping sauce (just yogurt, garlic, salt, parsley) too. My DH made this on Sunday night and it was ABSOLUTELY delicious!!! We had it with the minted zucchini ribbons from the same issue.

Going to the gym now, then--to reward myself for good meeting with advisor--to the movies.

Major baseball weekend coming up--GO RED SOX!!!!
Old 09-24-2004, 12:45 PM   #19  
i luv my dog!

Beachgal - my DH plays Civilization all the time. Sometimes for hours on end......
Old 09-24-2004, 01:04 PM   #20  
RNMOM

Default Hi ladies

Wow, lots of posts to read for a Friday morning. Beautiful sunshiney day here, but cold. Started picking sorta ripe tomatoes last night. I have to have them to go on the Taco Bake that was posted. Wow that is yummy!

Supposed to work today, but there was a need for tonight. Since it's easier to fill a day slot than a night slot I said I would give up the day and work tonight, so I slept in this morning. Going to be busy for the rest of the day.

Ellis, my favorite tootsie rolls are the longer skinny ones, they taste better than the king size ones. Have resisited however!

Ruth, go ahead and eat fajitas before the next rehearsal, just buy a breath mint. Sounds like you are having fun.

Way to go all of you for staying OP, I survived day 4 on phase 1....whew. Wasn't too bad at work yesterday except the small dish of FF frozen yogurt. It didn't wake up the sugar monster so I feel pretty happy about that. The hospital brings a huge box of various candy bars to the doctors lounge all the time. They have to walk through the ER to do that. As soon as the little kitchen lady brought them and walked out, I promptly walked into the doctors lounge and stole the whole box. (doc was busy with a patient )
I figure the hospital should be nicer to the nurses than the doctors (there wouldn't be a doctor that could do squat without a nurse) so I poured all the candy bars onto the desk for all the staff to enjoy! I refrained from having any....but I was tempted

Well, gonna go exercise. Have a great day!
Old 09-24-2004, 01:38 PM   #21  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Default So far so good!

Hi guys!

Yes I'm surviving without my SBD care package. I'm having a chef salad with turkey and ham. I found some Nasoya Sesame Garlic dressing in the school fridge, low sugar low fat - dontcha hate it when people eat your salad dressing .

RN MOM - you go girl! My mom is a nurse and we co-own a school together that teaches CNA's, HUC's, PCT's etc. But she spent 25 years as a cardiac specialty nurse in a hospital. She would be proud of the candy bar manuever - and that you didn't eat one!

Belly Dancer - I can't weigh in until monday because I have scale issues - but I can definitely feel a difference in my clothes. I have on a pair of side zip pants that have a smidge of spandex in them and sometimes DS has to help get the zipper going but not today! You may want to start measuring your body fat instead of weighing in that helps keep me encouraged because a lot of the time you can be dropping inches and not pounds. I have a quick simple way to do with a cloth tape measure. Email me and I'll send it over.

My deadlines are getting better. My biggest concern called to say that they were running late!!

Hope everyone is doing great! I feel better now that I have some veggies in me.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:50 PM   #22  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Hi again! Is it the weekend yet?

It is SO nice being home for a day -- for lunch I had tuna, and celery with hummus and almond slivers and on and on -- I was just so excited to have lots of healthy options -- WOO HOO!

Anyway, hope everyone is having a lovely Friday!

TGIF--Lauren
Closed Thread