South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 10:56 AM   #1  

Default Starting Phase 1 again today..........

Because DH wants/needs to go back on it, so I said I'd go with him. He was on Phase 1 back in April when we started SB, then on Phase 2 for about a month. Once he lost the weight he wanted to lose he was back to bags of candy each night while watching TV, doritos, beer, etc. Now he's pudged out a bit and wants to go back on Phase 1. I'm glad cause having all that crap in the house has been torture for me. He won't stay on SB forever, but it sure helps me when he does go on for a while.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:17 PM   #2  
Conquering with SBD

I cycle back and forth on to Phase 1. I find that, when I am experiencing a plateau, it kick starts my weight loss again. You are such a great support for your DH...just need to convince him that he needs to follow the program, or a modification of the program all the time.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:30 PM   #3  

Umm yeah, weekend away with new boyfriend. Carb laden bed and breakfast meals, alcohol, chocolates, cakes, cotton candy- topped off with hard cider and chili cheese fries last night. Yikes . I need to go back on as well. The only thing is I will be away this weekend where I can't control the meals prepared so I think I'll start next Monday and try to to little damage today.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:32 PM   #4  

Swwet tooth, trying to convince DH of anything is like, well, I don't know what it's like, lol. It's impossible! But at least I get a break from all the temptation for a few weeks.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:40 PM   #5  
RNMOM

Default Why do we do this?

Lose the weight and then sabatoge ourselves????? It's helping that my hubby is doing phase 1 with me. It's tough these first few days.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:15 PM   #6  
Conquering with SBD

RNMOM, I know from where you are coming. I lost about65 pounds, then gained 30 - 40 back. You are wise to have jumped back on to SBD before too much damage was done. I admire you for that. I am finally getting to the end of weight loss journey now and have absolutely no plans to sabotage myself this time.

I did it, and so can you.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:32 PM   #7  
yaya9577

I totally understand how you feel, Sweet tooth! I lost 120 two years ago, gained 60 back and went on phase 1. Then, DH and I went off (he never really committed!), but I allowed myself some cheats, also. Now we have nothing coming up and no reason that I cant REALLY work at it. So, I too, am back to phase 1...I will probably have to stay on it for a month...due to the amount I have to lose! Good luck!
Old 09-13-2004, 06:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

I, too, have just restarted Phase 1 again today. I've made a new commitment and am ready. My mom and I are both challenging ourselves (although she's on Atkins). She restarted Induction today so we can motivate each other. We have a little less than 5 weeks until we go to Vegas and we are going to push each other. I only have 1 wedding to coordinate in that mix so my weekends should be OP for the most part! Good luck to all who are restarting again today! This time it WILL happen!
Old 09-13-2004, 07:58 PM   #9  

Red face Starting Phase I again, too

Hi, Chicks,

What do they say about like minds running in the same vein? I'm starting Phase I again with my DH. He doesn't need it because he is thin, but has the beginning of a pot belly. It's such a healthful way to eat that I think that he feels better on it, too.

Sweet Tooth, thanks for starting this thread. It gave many of us the inspiration and courage to begin again.

Old 09-13-2004, 08:09 PM   #10  

Red face Thank you, wendyjo

I appreciate that you started the thread about Phase I. I thought that it was sweet tooth (who gave good feedback) because I read the posts too quickly. Anyway, I'm completing one successful day restarting Phase I. I'm going to stay on it awhile until I get back on track.

Thanks to all the Chicks who posted in support of restarting Phase I.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:35 AM   #11  
Conquering with SBD

Essie, thanks for the correction. When I read the note that said I had started, I did a double take. I know I'm getting old, but I really did have to go back and check to see if I started this thread.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:08 AM   #12  

LOL

DH was a miserable baby last night without his bags of Popables.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:50 PM   #13  

Just chiming in to say I am on d1, P1 today. And given my recent poor eating, I am paying for it...headache and all. But this will pass, right?

Time to go drink some more water!!

Last edited by smilintwins; 09-14-2004 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:30 PM   #14  

Hmm, I dunno? I never got any of those nasty "symptoms" since the first time on Phase 1.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:02 PM   #15  
Conquering with SBD

Well knock me over with a feather!!!!! I just found out that my boss started SBD today. Four of the ladies in the office started the diet last May - I am the only one who has stayed on faithfully, though - and we have all lost of weight.

When I first started, he saw the book laying on my desk and mentioned that he had purchased it and I should have just told him because he would have given to me. However, I am glad that did not happen. At the time, I told him that my dr. told me to cut carbs and sugar, but he didn't really pay too much attention - until now. He told me that he read the book last weekend again, and thinks that it makes good sense, since the other diet is not working for him. Today he is on Phase 1, Day 1. He is disciplined enough to stick with it, I am sure, but I don't think it will come easily for him. His previous diet was all carbs, no fat, no dairy.
Closed Thread