South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 10:50 AM   #16  
Working for the Cruise!

Default Small Trials and Tribulations

Morning ladies. Not much time today, have to head down to the other office for some meetings. Then it's off to the Keuka Maid (boat) for a multi-chamber mixer.

Small trials this morning with TOM back in business. Made SB brownies last night that took care of cravings.

However......I fit into my size 12 business suit this morning! WOO HOO! A little snug in the thighs, but otherwise it fits nicely. Thank goodness because I can't stand to wear my size 14 biz clothes to events. I just feel better in my 12's!

Anyway, I'm off to Hornell. Hello to everyone and I'll talk to you soon!
Old 09-13-2004, 11:38 AM   #17  

Morning all,

Weighed in last night 165!!! Yahoo!

Bamiegurl- Like your signature

We have many friends down on the gulf coast. Some may be visiting us up here in NE Arkansas soon if Ivan keeps heading that way.

Glad for those in FL that it looks like it will miss you. FL sure has had it hard this hurricane season.

Didn't stay on OP yesterday. Slipped in a cupcake at my daughter's birthday. Back on OP full swing today.

Day 8 of Phase 1. I'm going to do this!!!

Bought more phase 1 munchies at the grocery so that will make it easier for me to resist my DH and DD's carbs & fruit that are staring at me.

Have to go change my stats!!

Morning to all. Wish I had a deck to go out and drink coffee on, let alone a nice little garden. I'm in farm land over here. Can't spend much time outside right now since it is Cotton season and they are crop dusting aaaaaall around us. Hmmmm defoliant in the morning what a smell. LOL

keep up the good work chickies!!
We can do it!!!

Edie
Old 09-13-2004, 12:43 PM   #18  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone had a super, OP weekend.

Mama - Packrat - me, too. We have a house where the second story is built into the roof of the house, so we have crawl spaces upstairs. A couple of years ago, I decided to empty the crawl spaces and inventory everything, as well as re-pack the 'stuff' into those plastic storaga tubs. There are over 200 plastice storage tubs in the walls of the house. But, you know, some day, I might need them.

Chris - Sorry to hear that the weather is not very agreeable in Florida. We have been watching the weather forecasts, and hoping that you are not hit too hard. I have a friend whose son is coming to visit from Florida, but he has delayed his trip twice because he doesn't want to be away if the hurricane hits. Hopefully everything will be OK for all.

Ruth - You are going to miss the little Lucy. Poor thing...she won't understand why she has been left, either, especially if you are not visiting until labour starts. That's almost 2 weeks away, isn't it. Good to hear that your show was a success. Sounds like a lot of fun for you.

cac - Don't worry about being off program from the weekend. At least you were able to keep up the exercise and you can always get right back OP today. No worries. Have a good week.

lc - Enjoy your kid free day. Sounds like it will be just about as busy as having the kids around. But, you can fit in some quiet time anyway, so that will be good. How did the dance class go on Saturday?

Heidi - Have fun in the garden. We need to start to get serious about the garden clean-up. We have so much to do, but I guess it will get done in its own time. Good luck on staying OP this week. You can do it.

cottage - I know what you mean about the weight gain. I do exactly the same thing...the minute I add starch or fruit to my diet, I gain. Even if I eat completely OP, it seems that I gain anyway. However, I have been kicking up my exercise and the past week, it seems to finally be paying off...perhaps, I just needed that extra time to adjust to the routine before my body decided that it could give up the weight. It is sooo frustrating at the time, but just be patient and hang in there.

Jodi - I knew you could do it. WTG. Congrats for staying OP all weekend. It is so rewarding to see the scale moving down as well. I know that it sometimes seems so hard to stay OP when you have all the temptations around, but it is so worth it when you are continuing to lose. Have a great OP week.

Lauren - Great job staying OP. AND, don't kid yourself, the wallpaper stripping, etc. was definitely exercise. I think that we have a skewed sense of what exercise really is. If we don't book time to go to the gym, then we think we haven't exercised at all. Remember our parents and grandparents...they didn't have gym memberships, or take time to do formal exercising, but maintained their weight and health by working hard at normal everyday chores. To me, if I clean my house, I am engaging in exercise...it's darn hard work.

Weezle - Hope the sleeping problem improves. I woke up last night at 11:30, then finally went to sleep around 4:30, just in time to get up at 5:30. I just hate doing that because I drag for the rest of the day, then I am ready for bed at 6:00 pm.

Barb - Congrats for staying OP. Just be patient with the weight, is will start to come off again. You are better than I am with the chocolate. It doesn't matter if it is dark, milk, white - whatever - I can't stop eating it until it is all gone. I bought chocolates on sale after Christmas and put them in the freezer, but I had to put them on the bottom and pile stuff on top, so that I don't get tempted. I even eat them when they are frozen, but have refrained so far. I notice, though, that there are a few boxes missing - methinks that DS's girlfriend is scoffing some even though she is convinced that she is eating much more healthy than I am eating. I guess she can try to fool me, but she will need to face the honest truth one day and that truth is in her weight gain. However, I am not credible enough to her to be believed, so I just keep the ole mouth shut.

Bamiegurl - Congrats on the weight loss. Such a great feeling to be on the last 30 pounds. You can do it, just keep focused on the goal. Sounds like the new house is great. If an older couple owned it, it will have such character. Sounds like they have put a lot of themselves into the yard. Have fun making it your own.

Historychick - I didn't get a chance to congratulate you on your new job. When do you start? Hope everything is going well for you. Take care.

AdiaFaith - WTG. It's always nice when you can get into a smaller size. Just wait until the size 10 is waaaaaay tooooooo BIG. It will be soon and you can do it. Keep it up.

Me - The weekend was really busy for me...DH and I are trying to empty our garage. Within the last 2 years we have moved both sets of parents into homes, two of our children have moved home and our house is full to the brim. We haven't parked a car in the garage for years. That is on top of a storage unit that we rent and is packed to the eyeballs. Anyway, we are repacking all the moving boxes at the storage unit to more uniform boxes, so we can stack them higher and compact the 'stuff' there. Then we should be able to get furniture, appliances, etc. out of the garage.

I was on call the weekend, also. Unfortunately, there was a student event on the campus. Only 4 or 5 arrests, and we are still digging outselves out from under the damage this morning. Another break-in at another campus yesterday morning, too, so dealing with that yesterday while I was at a different function. I am glad the Monday has come and things will be more tame.

Anyway, I forgot to post the achievement of a mini-goal last week. I can't believe it slipped me right by. I reached a normal BMI range, and am now in the normal weight range for my height and age. WOOHOO!!!

DH and I went to a weekend ceremony at the university here celebrating the merger of 2 universities. DH was on the change team that organized the merger, so was invited to the reception. It was about 2 hours out of town, so we went there after church yesterday. Silly me, I didn't plan to skip lunch to travel, so by the time the tea started, I was ravenous. On top of that, the university that was merged was originally founded by Norwegian (my heritage) immigrants so the dainties at the tea were Norwegian foods. One of the weaknesses that I don't indulge in very often. Consequently, I did have several sweets that I had not planned on having and enjoyed every one of them.

The consequence to that was....I lost another pound. WOOHOO again!!!! I can't believe my good fortune, but I really think that the exercise I am doing is finally reaping great benefits. The weight has really come off this past week. I will stay OP faithfully this coming week, to make sure that my indulgences over the weekend do not destroy the weight loss. Also, the pound that I lost over the weekend is another mini-goal - I have broken the 140 pound mark and am now down into the 130s and counting off the final 10 pounds. I really am hoping that I can get down a significant amount by the middle of October.

Hope everyone has a great week. Stay OP - I know you all can do this - and make sure that you get your exercise in. Take care.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:51 PM   #19  

Congratulations, Peggy, on being a normal BMI!! I know it felt so good when I got into an overweight BMI. It will be wonderful when I finally get to a normal BMI. You are doing so well.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:46 PM   #20  

Ok so i feel like I am in SIbera!!
I cannot seem to get up early enough to log on and talk to everyone and get out the door. Oh well.
Finally in ONEDERLAND! Barely but I am there. I am very excited. And tomorrow I have already made plans with someone else to walk after we drop of our kiddos. So hopefully it will go even further if I move my rear:blush: Sooy I cannot stay and chat. AAlso sorry I have not had time to catch up on everyone but I will try really hard tomorrow.
Good luch everyone.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:35 PM   #21  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

Well I'm a slowpoke this AM so I'm not even going to try to post to everyone, you are probably making dinner or bedtime plans.............

Did my run this morning and now I"m facing a pile of laundry. I'm not sure how it breeds so rapidly.

You all sound like you are doing good. I'm struggling with Phase 1 boredom but will keep at it. I want these pounds OFF! For good!!!!

Cold and blustery here, talked with my daughter in Dallas, she's got the AC going full blast. I imagine here we will be having a snow within a few weeks. Boohoo.

Everyone! Have a good day! Give yourself a hug!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 03:03 PM   #22  
Member Florida Chick

Chris: I think we can breathe a sigh of relief with "Ivan the Terrible" I live in Polk Co. and we got slammed twice. Couldn't even begin to think about another night in a shelter. But we were blessed. We didn't have nearly as much damage as many. We will have to have a new roof, but we don't have any leaks. It is the uncertainty and waiting that gets to you.

Ruthie: Puppies! How exciting. Hersh won't know what to do without her pal.

Ellis: hope things are going well with you.

Can't say that I have been OP very much. I had the Hurricane nibbles. At least that sounds like a good excuse; ::

Everyone keep up the good work. Lizziepie
Old 09-13-2004, 03:25 PM   #23  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Peggy -- I know you're right! I was all sore and achey yesterday but today I feel great and want to start taping in order to paint! Congrats on the "normal weight range" -- I can't remember the last time I was there. Had to be waaaay before I remember caring! Ha!

Skherb -- Onederland! That's fabulous! I can't wait to get there!!! Woo hoo!!

Hurricane folks -- i am glad to hear it sounds like Florida is safe -- that's terrific!

Edie -- I am on day 7 of phase one and I am feeling better and better! I know we can both do it!!!!

Aida -- congrats on the size 12 -- I know how it can go with suits -- I don't like to wear them at all, but when you can fit into the ones you like it's much more bearable!

I hope everyone is having a good day! I am looking forward to making some of your great-looking recipes from the forum tonight!!

Lauren
Old 09-13-2004, 03:26 PM   #24  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Wow, that sure was a lot of exclamation points! ha, ha
Old 09-13-2004, 09:31 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Evening All,

I'm with RNMom, I get up with the kids and get going for the day and it is evening before I can sit down with my computer. Good to see how everyone's Monday is going

TOM arrived with a vengenance yesterday, lots of cramping and bloating. I managed to drag through the morning as I had a 4 hour commitment at the kids school (in the library) but came home, had some sandwich meat and crawled in to bed for an hour. I'm starting to feel better so hopefully the cramps will be gone tomorrow and maybe the whoosh fairy will even come to visit :-).

See you all tomorrow!
Old 09-13-2004, 09:39 PM   #26  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi chicks again another quick check in before I hit the sack. My day was busy but I did enjoy being kid free. I actually got to work in my wee little garden for an hour and a half. Boys I am feeling it tonight. Other than that not much going on. I am sure that won't last. Well I must get going.
PS: sweettooth- my dance class went great. My teacher helpers are really quiet but other than that the kids are great. It is great to be back. It is a fun way to get in some exercising. See ya in the am chicks.
Closed Thread