South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 01:15 PM   #1  

Question Advice for an Ovo/Lacto/Pesco?

Hi!
I'm on South Beach, but having trouble losing. I'm on my second week of Phase 1 and lost maybe 4 pounds give or take. Any ideas, suggestions on how I can modify my diet to help loose faster? Or is this normal for veggies on South Beach? I'm considering starting over and trying Phase 1 again ...
Thanks in Advance!
PS: I lloked on some baked tofu and noticed it had sugars in it ... is this allowable, as tofu is on the list of meat subs, or not?

Last edited by Angfea; 08-28-2004 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:23 PM   #2  

Hi Angfea, if you are not very overweight to start with then your weight loss in phase one will be smaller. The 8-13 pounds expected weight loss is probably for people 200-300 pounds. Check the list of foods in the FAQ section of this board. I am sure that tofu is fine but with anything you eat on SB Diet you need to check the contents of anything processed because it is likely to contain sugar (used as a preservative). Beans and nuts are probably higher in carbs than steak and chicken so perhaps this will make your weight loss slower but the emphasis is on eating healthy carbs not low carb. The best way to increase your weight loss is to exercise and drink plenty of water.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:58 PM   #3  

Thanks so much for your help!
Old 08-30-2004, 12:54 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Angfea, glad you posted in here! Hope you get some more replies from more knowlegeable vegetarians...Weezle, are you a veggie?

I would check the tofu to see what is added into it. If it is just baked tofu (nothing added), then don't worry about the sugars. If there is something like "evaporated cane juice", then don't get it. You can always bake your own. Or compare it to regular (unbaked) tofu and see if the sugars are the same. If so, there probably aren't any added ingredients and it's safe to have.

Good luck!

BTW, just in case I didn't post it before, your loss so far is great, so please don't feel like you need to hurry it up...you are doing very well! Lots of people only lost 4 pounds in the two weeks of Phase 1.
Closed Thread