South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 11:24 AM   #16  
i luv my dog!

Default Starting SB also

HELLO everyone - Going to go back to phase 1 on Monday 9-20-04. I'm still a few pounds away from my Sept. goal!!! I want to make goal!
I went to Ph. 2 for a few weeks, but am ready to get "down" to business. LOL. The holidays are coming and I need some new clothes!!

We CAN DO this. Cheers

Last edited by a broad abroad; 09-18-2004 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:25 PM   #17  

Phase 1

B- 1 scrambled egg with chives, a piece of heated ham (lunch meat kind) and a pinch of LF cheese, and orange flavored water.
S- 10 pistachios, and sugar free jello
L- Salad consiting of (lettuce, a few pinches of parmasean cheese, with left over sirloin strips, is that okay?, dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar) and water, water, water.
S-I work so I will probably just take some more pistachios and drink up some water.

D- A piece of chicken breast with broccoli and some of the mock mashed potatos, I have'nt tried them yet.... any one have comments on them before I waste my stuff?

Exercise- 30 min. pilates and maybe walk not counting all the walking and stuff I do at work ( I am a Y councelor for after school care)
Old 08-25-2004, 06:16 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sounds like we're all doing pretty well with this thing. Today was Day 3 for me, and so far it's not too bad. I'm so used to Phase 2, tho, that I keep forgetting we're not allowed to have certain things! (Like the dried cranberries on my salad today!!)

Tuesday (yesterday)
Breakfast: 3egg omelet w/ asparagus & lf cheese
Lunch: tuna salad w/ cucumber slices
Snack: 8 peanuts & sf fudgesickle
Supper: 2 xlean turkeyburgers w/ sauteed peppers & onions
Snack: Almond Ricotta Creme
a least a gallon of water and several sf iced teas and hot green tea

Wednesday (today)
Breadfast: 1/2 cup ff yogurt w/ cinnamon, ground flax & splenda
Snack: 2 pc. stringcheese
Lunch: salad of grilled chicken over mixed greens w/ dried cranberries & pecans
Supper: grilled salmon, chickpea tomato & onion salad, sauteed cabbage
Plenty of liquids
Snack for later: Chocolate Ricotta Creme
Supper: 2 xlean turkeyburgers (no buns) w/ sauteed peppers, onions
Old 08-26-2004, 06:21 AM   #19  
I vant to draw your blood

Shequila, I decided that in the interest of time, space and bandwidth, that I would just edit my original entry.

Mamacita.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:26 AM   #20  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

That's a great idea Mamcita.....Perhaps we should all do the same. Look for my updates on my original post. I just wanted to keep this one going because it's really helping me stay op.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:53 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I started in January 2004.
height: 5' 0"
age: over 40 Not because I'm old, but because my metabolism is slowing down.
top weight: 197
highest size: tight 16
current weight: 155-158 (yeah! it moved down finally!)
total inches lost: 32.25
inches lost in the last month: 3.5
current size: 10-12

exercise: well, when I can stop making excuses and just do it, I do pilates for dummies a couple times a week, walk 1-2 miles a day because I take the bus to work and have to walk from the bus stop to my building, situps and pushups when I stop making excuses, so that's usually a couple times a week, usaually not the same week, if I do the pilates, I don't do the other, I'm basically fighting my lazy gene. I know I should exercise more consistantly but....

Then I've add physical activity to everything. Park at the farthest end of the parking lot, carry all my groceries out to the car-weight bearing exercises, take the stairs several times a day. I can go all the way up to 12th the floor now. Not every day, usually just basement to 4th. Which isn't bad.

Last edited by sarahyu; 10-06-2004 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:28 PM   #22  

Red face I'm in

Hi everyone. I'm new to this board but actually started S Beach in February. I lost about 20 lbs. and got off track. I am committing anew today to the plan and will succeed!!

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 205.5
Goal: 145

I'll write my measurements in at a later date.

P.S. This is a great website!!!!
Old 08-30-2004, 08:14 AM   #23  

Height: 5'-2"

Shequila, I'm back.
Thanks for your words of support, hon.
I'm starting afresh today. Now I'm ready for anything with Dad, and I'm not going to let it get in the way of my health.

Okay... plan for today:
not completely Phase I... but working back towards it from the depths of sugar ****

- 2 coffees w/skim milk
- peanut butter sandwich
- lean hamburger
- 2 slices ww toast
- bean burrito

Not OP, but very healthy. Hmmm... no veggies in there. Or fruit.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:15 PM   #24  

Height: 5'-2"

Thank you, Laurie.

Okay girls! Where the heck IS everyone!? Pull yourselves together and let's lose some freakin' FAT!!!
Old 08-30-2004, 10:44 PM   #25  
yaya9577

Wink

Count me in!

Since I just started my optimism and attitude are VERY high!

SW(8-30-04)-- 272
short term GW-- 250

Breakfast: was in a hurry...1 string cheese
AM Snack: a few cucumber slices
Lunch: half low-carb protein bar
PM Snack: string cheese
Supper: tomato/cucumber salad, 1/2 cup steamed broccoli and red pepper strips and 1/2 breast of baked chicken
Dessert: 2 SF popsicles

Good luck everyone!! We can do this!!!
Old 08-31-2004, 08:40 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis
Thank you, Laurie.

Okay girls! Where the heck IS everyone!? Pull yourselves together and let's lose some freakin' FAT!!!
well that's all i needed i'm in!!! ellis you crack me up!!! i for one have ALOT of fat to loose. come on ladies lets get with the program!! whining is allowed (thank goodness). we can do this!!!
Old 08-31-2004, 10:09 AM   #27  

Ellis, you are super cute. Such an inspiration, especially to me who is incredibly whiny this a.m. I am going to go to the gym tonight. (My one and only night off this week.)

I had a delicious breakfast: egg whites, tomatoes and basil. Yum.
AM Snack: I finally made herbed mayo and have turkey, and am going to make a turkey roll.
Lunch: Unsure, perhaps something Mexican themed.
PM Snack: Hot chocolate from the recipe in the forum. Sometimes, it is the only way that I stay sane.
Dinner: Prolly salad, cuz I have a lot.

Ladies, you guys are the best! Nothing like seeing everyone else enthused to bring on a little determination! ;-)
Old 08-31-2004, 01:30 PM   #28  

Default Checking in!

Hi Ladies!

I started SB last Tuesday. I fell off the wagon big time on Saturday, and then again yesterday and today by eating sugar free peanut butter cups from my archenemy Russel Stover. Tonight I have to meet a friend for drinks, so I might as well have some whiskey, and start over again tomorrow on Phase 1.

My start weight is 174. I haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks, but I wil tomorrow at the gym. I'm 5'4. My goal weight is 135. Yep, 40lbs.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:58 PM   #29  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Ok Girls, I am in.

I started SB on 8/21. First weigh in was 8/27. Down 7 lbs. Party! I am so jazzed. I love South Beach. I have not cheated, not even one time. I know I have a long way to go, however, I know I can do this. WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!

SW 262/CW255/GW175. 5'9" tall. Don't know my measurements, but rest assured, they are too much.

Annie
Old 09-01-2004, 02:22 PM   #30  

Well I did it. I started the SBD today. I wanted to start it Monday but had a lot going on so had to postpone it for a few days. My weight has fluctuated for about 7 years. That is when I had my son. I went from 125-130 to about 179lbs when I had him. When he was about 3 I got on the diet pills Adipex and lost about 17lbs in 2 1/2 weeks and went from a size 16 to a size 8. My weight would always be between 155-165lbs throughout that time. I had a daughter in 2003. I was wearing a size 16-18 and weighed over 190lbs. Well I got fed up, I was tired of being big so I decided since the pills worked once surely they would work again. I got on Phentermine which is the generic of Adipex and it is cheaper. I started the pills in June. When I started my measurements were:
Bust: 40in
Waist: 37 1/2
Thighs:45 1/2
(These were taken on 7/16)

I was weighed last week at the doctor's office and my weight was 173. I was so happy. Well I knew I had lost inches because my size 16's were fitting really lose and I didnt' have a tape measurer to check yet. So yesterday I was at the store trying on some clothes and I got a size 16,14,12 to try on. I got the 12's just for the heck of it. I FIT INTO THEM!!!!!!! I was soooo happy. That gave me extra motivation to start the SBD today. So here I am:

SW:190
CW:173
GW:125-130
Height: 5'2
Current Measurements:
Bust: 40
Waist: 34 1/2
Thighs:43

My big problem is I usually only eat once a day. I don't eat a lot of junk or sweets and I really don't drink much pop. I figured if I could plan my meals out every week then it would be easier for me to stick to it. Now I just need to be toning it up as I go along. There's my story. I hope to get to know you all better and lets lose weight together

Kelly
Closed Thread