South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 10:00 AM   #16  

Hello Ladies,
I've been lurking for a couple of days now. I decided
to introduce myself and let ya'll (TX) know I was here

Last edited by 2kewt2bfat; 08-19-2004 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:03 AM   #17  

Morning chicks!!

Not much new to report really. The pulled pork in the crockpot came out fabulous and was very yummy. Will definitely be buying more of that!!

I vow to get my butt to kickboxing class tonight. And I am thinking about doing P1 next week, I am just not losing much weight right now and I know it is because on Sat-Tues when I am home all day, I am not eating properly. Not off plan, but not a plan if that makes sense.

I want to respond to everyone, but someone is lurking outside my office. More later!!
Old 08-19-2004, 10:08 AM   #18  

Mornin' ladies. Sounds like everyone has had such an interesting and busy day thus far. I have been super lazy because I was on the phone with the Dell guy trying to reinstall my system until 12:30, then he promised he'd call back in an hour, and guess what? He did NOT call back! I was not a happy chicklet at 2 am waiting to speak to someone new. I have no time in which to call during the rest of this week either, so yet another week without my computer at home working.

However, today I get to have lunch with my little muffin pies- the kids I nanny for. I haven't seen them in a few weeks, and they are getting big- 6 and 8, soon to be 9. I have known them since birth, so it is hard watching them grow. I tell them I will put bricks on their heads so they stay little. They love that.

I am very sorry to hear that the Pizza Meat Pie tasted funny, I am counting the days til Phase 2 when I can chow! I am such a veggie person, I am happy to eat vegetarian, but man, would I kill for pizza right! (I am also obsessed with these smileys!)

Well, my coworker just walked in and she was given tickets to PRINCE out of the blue last night! So jealous! At least the sun is out here in Boston (supposed to go away this afternoon). Sorry for all you Beachers stuck in rain!
Old 08-19-2004, 10:20 AM   #19  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning everyone:

My, my, my, aren't we early birds today. I can't believe the number of posts before 7:00. I will just never be up before everyone else starts posting in the mornings.

Jenn - Sorry to hear that you are down in the dumps. Take a deep breath. Remind yourself that you are a great person and look forward to starting SBD once more. Don't look back - unless you are thinking of all the compliments that you have received for how far you have come already. You CAN do this. Chin up, now.

Mamacita - I have always wondered what it is like to dream - I either don't dream, or can't remember any of them. Your story, though, has finished that wish for me. Hope you are feeling better soon. Take care.

Kristin - Hopefully the headache is just a result of not drinking caffeine. I know that when I go off caffeine I usually get a headache for about 4 days, then it stops and I am fine. Take care.

Ellis - I have heard about "Super Size Me," but haven't seen yet. Give us a rundown tomorrow. Have fun, and don't take anything to eat while you are there.

Sheila - WTG, I admire you for stepping out and trying different things. I'm afraid that I am not as adventurous with my food as that...I tend to find things that I like, that I know are OP and stick with them. It's rather a boring existence, but I excuse it away by saying that I don't have time. I think it would be better to say that I don't have time to worry about me, which is probably not a good thing, either. Things will need to change here.

skherb - I can't believe all the rain. Usually, we have a summer filled with rain and everyone else is dieing in the heat. This year we have had a hot summer - I even have to water my plants - and only the occassional shower (other than a major flood a few weeks ago, but the weather only lasted one evening). I guess we must count our blessings where we can. Hope everything works out getting DD to school. It is always a concern when you are worrying about the care of liitle ones. Sorry to hear about the chicken. As the others were saying, I usually don't care for chicken in the crock pot. It does seem to get very dry...I wonder if there is something that can be done to rectify that.

LC - Enjoy the beach. I live on the prairies and there is no beach in sight. Wish we had the pleasure of going to the beach for an afternoon. There is nothing better or more entertaining for kids.

RNMOM - Party's over girl!!! Now it's back to OP eating. Get goin' NOW.

Jodi - Congrats on the weight. You are doing so well. Keep it up.

Ruth - Good luck with the doctor's appointment. Hope the news is good. Thinking about you.

Barb - It's great to see kids as they grow up and become more independent. Sounds like Brian has developed confidence to start to do things on his own. I can remember when my DD was about 3 and we would drop her off at day care. She was adamant that she was old enough to go in by herself, take her coat off and put her lunch away. We would have to sneak in behind her to make sure that she was OK, but could never let her know that we were checking up on her. They are all so smart...

I spent 2 hours weeding the flower bed last night. We haven't been out in the yard for about a month, so it is confirmed to be "OUT OF CONTROL." I must get out tonight as well. Our neighbour has listed his house, so we need to get the yard in fairly good condition, or it will affect the sale of his home. Oh for the days of a small yard and little yard work...

I am also planning to do the hour power walk routine again today. I figure that if I can get through it for the next week, that it will become easier. That's the theory, now I just need to convince myself.

Hope everyone has a great OP day. Don't do anything that I wouldn't do
Old 08-19-2004, 10:20 AM   #20  

I wanted to check in a say I've been in control of my food for the last two days, that's a good feeling.even drank a lot of liquid, which I don't like. While traveling this last three months I became addicted to the southern iced tea complete with lots of sugar, I knew I had to give that up so I made it with splenda and it was almost as good. So, I drank that all day to get my water, plus I also drank a quart of water. That's hard for me to do..... I have to lose about 120 pounds, so I'm going to try to change some of my bad habits and that's going to take awhile, I have many,ha,ha.....
Old 08-19-2004, 10:52 AM   #21  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I know I'm late.....

After I freaked out at my scale last night, I went out and had 2 glasses of red wine (and HORRIBLE wine, at that, if it makes any of you feel any better) so I ended up sleeping in awhile today. No bump on the head (I drank water in between glasses) just wiped out. Alcohol just conks me out.

Well, I figure that had I not freaked out on my scale and eaten FRANKENFOOD and had pasta and 2 glasses of wine, I'd probably be in the 130's today, because I'm still 140 right on the nose. Sigh. I don't like stalling. Today I'm doing more exercise (never got to it yesterday....drank instead) and sucking down a lot of water.

Only have to work 2-7 at Job #2 today. Kinda dreary outside....doesn't look like any sunshine. (Ain't no sunshine when she's gone....)

Everyone have a fabulous day!
Old 08-19-2004, 11:34 AM   #22  
Faith in me

Good Morning Ladies!!

I too had a weird dream last night....well once I was able to get to sleep...Didn't fall asleep until 3:30 maybe.....I got home LATE around 2:30....I had a great time bowling last night...and the guy my best friend wanted me to meet was a really nice guy and funny too...I think we hit it off...cuz we did exchange numbers and by the end of the night there was some hand holding I made a reeeeeeeeeeeeally smooth moove last night...I went up to bowl and well I guess my fingers were slippery from whatever they put on the bowling balls and well........the ball went flying backwards.....the wrong way yeah I made an impression alright..... I was very good I didn't have any beer.......or wine...although it was very tempting...I know I could have had wine...but it tends to make me sleepy...So I'm supposed to go over to his place on Sunday with my best friend and watch a movie with him and his roommate....should be fun! Well I hope you ladies are having a wonderful day...Everyone is just busy posting I see!!
Old 08-19-2004, 11:39 AM   #23  
Believe it & Achieve it

Morning....

Well I think I was well on my way to a loss last night (that naggy feeling I get where I just wanna eat). But inevitbly I squished it like a nasty bug cause we ended up having pizza for dinner. I tried really hard and got the de-lite pizza, which is mostly like eating a pound of cheese with a little bit of topping and a super thin crust.

But....................I ate to much of it. and then I was so hungry I ate some of the kids regular pizza. I'm suprised I'm not bloated today like a cow. I eventually managed to stop myself and drink tea instead.

I've just come to the sad conclusion that I can't eat pizza, it's a trigger food.

So back to the drawing board. It's phase 1 again today. I jumped on the scale and I am still the same weight, I hav'nt budged either way since last week even though last night was a phase 3 maintenance night. lol. I think I need more water, I am really bad at that.

Not much else going on, I'm getting my nails done this morning and then spending time with my daughter. She was screaming last night for her dad who basically decided to cut himself out of their lives this last April, very long story. So I'm thinking we will go birthday shopping for my DS who turns 6 next week and then maybe to the park for some extra attention time.

Gotta run, I want to get caught up on postings before I have to leave. Chat later!
Old 08-19-2004, 12:01 PM   #24  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning ladies!

Welcome to all you newbies! We're here for you (albeit sometimes late) if you need us.

I was doing so well this morning, and then screwed up -- lox, cream cheese, everything bagel. But instead of throwing the whole day away, I am going to stick to it and stay OP for the remainder. I have to do laundry tonight or I'd get to the gym (i've taken a week off apparently). Perhaps I can go for a walk while the clothes are in the washer and/or dryer.

Sorry I haven't been responding to you all indivisually as I usually do. Things are just busy as well as the fact that I feel like I've let you all down in getting so off track. Who the heck am I to cheer someone up when I feel like crapola too (could it be all those darned carbs???????)

Promise to be back in full-swing soon!

Jenn
Old 08-19-2004, 12:13 PM   #25  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi RN were must have posted at the same time. I am sure you are going to miss you little grandsons. You will have to put the stero on so the house won't seem so quiet. So I guess I have to send my family to Japan to get them to take their shoes off. Why I never thought of that.

Sweettooth- no beach today it is now raining.

Jodi- don't laugh it is not a pretty site when 10 kids get shack whacky.... come on over some rainy afternoon and you will soon run for cover. The older kids think we should go to the beach even in the rain.

1busymomma- pizza is a trigger for me as well. I can't stop at one slice, the poor kids have not had it in awhile. With the exception of the small 4 pack and that was it. Bake it and eat it then it is goine. Sorry to hear that your wee one is upset about her dad. MEN. (they can be such asses) Take care yourself and give her a big hug for me.

HistoryChick- glad to hear the date went well. Hope all works well. Take care.

weezle- to bad about the wine, nothing worse than having a splurge and then it sucks. Go to bed early tonight and get rested up. As for exercising I am with you I have done nothing in that department. I too really want to get down to the next set of numbers. I just need a pound you think that would be easy.

chris40- you must be spending lots of time in the potty room with all that water and Iced tea.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:15 PM   #26  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey Jen we were posting together. Hope you have a great day.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:34 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne1017
Sorry I haven't been responding to you all indivisually as I usually do. Things are just busy as well as the fact that I feel like I've let you all down in getting so off track. Who the heck am I to cheer someone up when I feel like crapola too (could it be all those darned carbs???????)
OK you, when you are having a rough time is when you SHOULD be posting. Let us be your strong shoulders and help get you out of this funk. Start and let us know what is up...

We are here to help everyone get and stay on track. Your success so far is amazing and inspiring. And your tale, even the upswings on the scale, are a lesson in healthy weight loss. Its what tells me that you will keep the weight off. I mean that, I am not just

Come on, climb back OP. You can do this.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:51 PM   #28  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Thanks Jen!
Old 08-19-2004, 01:01 PM   #29  
Conquering with SBD

Welcome to all the newbies. Hope you have a great time at the beach...
Old 08-19-2004, 03:46 PM   #30  

Gosh, ladies, you are all being so good! I was supposed to have a nice healthy lunch, but alas, small children have a way of making you fall off the wagon. I had soup (good for me) however, also had eggplant parm and gelato and then someone offered me a chocolate and I sucuumbed to peer pressure. Now I feel like I want to die.

You are all fabulous though, I love seeing how supportive you all are! Congrats!
Closed Thread