South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 12:45 PM   #1  

Default Yay!

Wow. I just tried on my "skinny trousers". I bought them last winter from H &M, and bought the wrong size. I got a 10 (UK size) instead of a 12. I couldn't even get the zip up. Now, I can comfortably put them on, zip them up, do the top button up, AND secure the metal fastening. I am SO happy! Hehe. It's stuff like this that gives me a real kick
Old 07-27-2004, 02:14 PM   #2  

Yeah, that's a good feeling, isn't it? I had the same thing happen to me this morning with a pair of jeans..........got them up, zipped and buttoned without having to lay on the bed
Old 07-27-2004, 04:27 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

I remember when I was in high school... lying on my bedroom floor pulling up the zipper of my jeans with a coat hanger.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:32 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis
I remember when I was in high school... lying on my bedroom floor pulling up the zipper of my jeans with a coat hanger.
Lmao, ouch! Although, even though I've now lost a total of a stone in the past 3 months (on and off the SB) I still prefer to be in my jeans that are almost 2 sizes too big! They drown me and look awful, but they're sooo comfortable.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:41 PM   #5  

I agree! There is nothing worse or more uncomfortable than tight jeans!
Old 07-27-2004, 05:24 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Yup, I fit into my size 22 jeans, but I'm still wearing the size 26 stretch because they are comfy!

I also remember trying to fold and wrap my jean legs to make them tight around the ankles.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:01 PM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

You guys are hilarious. I, too, once tried to get jeans on by laying flat and tugging. I ripped skin off my forefinger, got sweaty, frustrated, tired, and even cried. Now? The same jeans I had such a rough time with are the ones that I put on, button, zip, and can pull down and off without unbuttoning or unzipping them. Think I'll have to make Terry wash/dry them so they shrink about 3 sizes so I can wear them again.

Congrats on the accomplishment!
Old 07-27-2004, 09:41 PM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

I was the first one in my high school to take in the legs of my jeans. Everyone else was still flapping about in semi-bellbottoms. They soon followed suit. (I hate it when that happens)
I loved my painter-pants jeans.
Anybody remember Cream Jeans?
Old 07-28-2004, 04:59 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezle
You guys are hilarious. I, too, once tried to get jeans on by laying flat and tugging. I ripped skin off my forefinger, got sweaty, frustrated, tired, and even cried. Now? The same jeans I had such a rough time with are the ones that I put on, button, zip, and can pull down and off without unbuttoning or unzipping them. Think I'll have to make Terry wash/dry them so they shrink about 3 sizes so I can wear them again.

Lmao! Go you! And thanks! I've spent all morning prancing about in my new "skinny trousers!" hehe! My Mum said "Oh I haven't seen those before, are they new?" and I said "That's because I haven't been able to get into them for 10 months!" hehe!
Old 07-28-2004, 05:36 AM   #10  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezle

Ripped the skin off your forfinger.... ouch! Congrats on the accomplishement!

Everyone is doing a wonderful job!
Old 07-28-2004, 06:36 AM   #11  
I vant to draw your blood

Cobalt, congrats on the "new" jeans!

I'm really dating myself here, but any of your women "of a certain age" remember Dittos Jeans? The ones in all the different colors that had seams up the front, or in a horseshoe shape up one leg, across the butt and down the other leg? I remember my junior year in HS and I thought I was hot stuff b/c I wore a size 4 in those silly jeans.

That's my ultimate goal...to be hot stuff in jeans again.

Mamacita
Old 07-28-2004, 08:36 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Mama, I can second that goal! Hot stuff in jeans, indeed!

Old 07-28-2004, 08:40 AM   #13  

good for you cobalt!!! that is wonderful!! i also remember laying on my bed trying to zip my way too tight jeans when i was in high school, the tighter the better!!! they were only good for one wearing and then back through the hot wash and dry to shrink them up again. my dd wouldn't be caught dead in straight legged tight jeans she is all about the comfort!!!
Old 07-28-2004, 09:46 AM   #14  

Yeah, I'm all about comfort too, hehe. At the moment for me, it's all about jeans that give you a great shape! As I said before my size 12 jeans are way to big now, and look awful on my butt cause they just hang! But it makes me feel good, lol! I'm going to wait for the new season to get here before I go and get some GAP jeans, though. I can proudly say this year I'll be getting a size 8 in GAP (UK size 10) instead of the usual UK size 12 and US size 10! I'm so proud! Hehe.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:12 AM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Congrats cobalt!

Ok, reading you chickies has put me in a better mood - -suppose I should have read before ranting in the Hump Day post...

Anywho, I still remember the days of lying on the bed, forcing the zipper up, then trying to get myself up only to have to change shirts into something really big due to the HUGE fat roll and my fear that the button will come popping off at any minute.

And I am talking about doing that as recent as 2 years ago people! My size 20 Old Navy jeans. As I sit here and type this, I am wearing slightly too big size 16 Old Navy Jeans
Closed Thread