South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 02:13 PM   #1  

Question Beef kabob cooking question?

Whenever we have had kabobs, I have bought them ready made. But oftentimes they are marinated in something I no longer want.

Which meat are you buying for beef kabobs? Chicken is easy, but there are so many cuts of beef, just curious what most people use. I am going to buy some at the store tonight for grilling this week.

Thanks!!
Old 07-19-2004, 03:59 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilintwins
Whenever we have had kabobs, I have bought them ready made. But oftentimes they are marinated in something I no longer want.

Which meat are you buying for beef kabobs? Chicken is easy, but there are so many cuts of beef, just curious what most people use. I am going to buy some at the store tonight for grilling this week.

Thanks!!
Top sirloin, from my experience, is the least fatty cut -- and it happens to be quite flavourful. It's just not as tender as, say, a New York or Filet.

But I love it -- I was actually planning to have that for supper tonight! Funny coincidence! Good luck!
Old 07-19-2004, 06:21 PM   #3  

Rump steak because its cheap! I buy powdered seasonings like moroccan, cajun or piri piri and use them instead of a wet marinade. I used to get schnitzel and spread a thin layer of honey seeded mustard over it, roll it up and slice into one inch chunks then thread them onto skewers alternating them with vegies but the honey variety is not exactly SB friendly. There will be other things you could use though and it looks great.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:31 PM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I usually buy the beef that's already cut for kabobs -- kabob beef???

Although they sound tasty. Wish I had a grill (and no, George Foreman is NOT the same!)
Closed Thread