South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 02:44 PM   #31  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvaisroux
ellis- can you leave me your fabric in your Will?
Sure. I will also provide you with the exact date and time of my impending death.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:09 PM   #32  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ellis, no fair! *sputtering*

First of all, I think, as a fabric hog who intends to follow your obvious wishes by not touching the fabric during its lifetime, I deserve to receive your fabric.

Second, no fair making me spit out water!
Old 06-09-2004, 04:11 PM   #33  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Great ellis- by that time I will have sewn the fabric that I already have!

Beach gal- Since I am living closer to ellis it is only right that I get the fabric and save her Estate the shipping fees!

That fabric at Jo-Ann's sounds gorgeous!
Old 06-09-2004, 05:11 PM   #34  
I can do this!

And we all know how much it costs to ship things from Canada to the States, not to mention the time it takes (do they use a slug???) and the G.S.T., P.S.P., P.M.S., and A.B.C. taxes they add on...

Do you know that one time my grandmother was forced to pay $25 (Canadian, thank God!) in taxes/fees on a box of homemade cookies she was bringing into the States for us? And she paid it...my Bubbe is a wonderful lady, but not very fiesty. I would have kicked 'em in the shins and ran for it.

Okay, Ellis can give you the fabric. Just don't use it up too quickly, 'kay?
Old 06-09-2004, 07:00 PM   #35  

Geeze - I would have kicked up a fuss and said - look, it cost me $5.00 in baking ingredients and the labour was free so there is no way these cookies are $25.00!!!!!! I can't believe they made her pay that!
Old 06-09-2004, 09:27 PM   #36  

That's CRAZY, Laurie! What a sweet grandmother you have! If I'd been her, I would have just eaten them all right at the border. I'll bet that border guard was thinking, "She won't pay THAT, and she'll leave them at the border, and then I can eat them!"

I'm changing my will, and will split the fabric between the two of you.

Mauvais, hold off on the tummy chain for a while. I may not be able to pay you back.
In the meantime, I'll make myself one out of some string and a few beads and coins.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:51 PM   #37  

Hon, I won't be going to Kingston for a while You could always buy a light shawl from the Sally Ann and sew some coins and beads on it then tie it around your waist - a lot of us dancers make our own stuff
Old 06-10-2004, 04:44 PM   #38  

ellis - what colour would you like...give me a couple of options...
Old 06-14-2004, 03:51 PM   #39  
I can do this!

Thanks, gals! : My Bubbe would be very appreciative of your kick-*** attitude. I can just imagine my dainty little grandmother eating each cookie with a tiny tea napkin!

So, if I took a shawl with fringe, I could just knot coins and beads and such on the fringe, right? Sounds like a fun project! Any suggestions for fun things to use for noise? I was thinking of those asian coins that have a sqare hole the middle along with those Indian bells. Hmmm...
Old 06-14-2004, 04:29 PM   #40  

What about plain ol' bells, Laurie?

Mauvais, I LOVE pink! And gold. And green. You know that red is my favourite colour, but it clashes with my rosacea.
Closed Thread