South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 12:46 PM   #16  
I graduated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb0522
I know I shouldn't but I weigh daily. I just don't let it bother me if I haven't gone down as long as I am losing over several days. I don't average mine though. I put them into an Excel spreadsheet and chart the daily numbers which shows the overall trend down.
I don't think it's bad to weigh daily, as long as you're averaging the weight. I think that weighing once a week is a bad idea really, I mean, your weight can fluctuate as much as 5 pounds in a single day.

I think it's far more sensible to weigh yourself at the same time in your day every day, chart the weight and average. I belive that it gives a more accurate picture, what you're doing is kinda the same thing... I guess the thing that is important is not to weigh obsessively (15 times a day).

I was just curious if anyone else was doing that... that's what I did last winter when I was doing the Carb Adicts diet.

Ami
Old 06-04-2004, 03:35 PM   #17  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I weigh each day at the same time and force myself not to jump on the scale at any other time during the day. However, I'm not sure how the average thing works. Can you explain?
Old 06-04-2004, 03:47 PM   #18  
I graduated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
I'm not sure how the average thing works. Can you explain?
Sure! You just make an average... say you weigh yourself every day, so that's 7 times a week. After the 7th day you add up what you weighed each day then divide that number by 7, it will give you your average weight for 7 days.

The following week you do the same thing, at the end of the week you again average your numbers (if you forget to weigh yourself at the same time of your day you just skip that day, and at the end of the week divide by the number of days you DID weigh yourself, if you missed on day you'd divide by 6) then you can compaire the two weeks and get a better idea of what you really lost...

Is that clear as mud?
Closed Thread