South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 07:29 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Thursday Chit Chat

Morning Chickies, I am feeling great and terrible at the same time I have a terrible cold, I was up at 3:00 coughing took some medicine which is making me feel loopy this morning. So I am tired and my chest hurts and my head is foggy. But I feel great because I got on the scales and lost another 2 pounds. Finally I am back on track and moving downward I am also having hot flashes, thinking that I must be running a bit of a fever. I hope I am feeling better soon I have a meeting tonight. I also got my hair colored last night. If I could figure out how to thumbnail I picture I would send one to show ya all. Be back in a minute.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:57 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Sort of dull and cool here this morning but no rain in the forecast.

Geez, Little Chick, we are both in bad shape this morning. Do we need to start a sick-bay on The Beach? I'm not really sick, just very full of aches and pains from all the planting the past few days. Thank God for ibuprophen and Heat liniment!

The Village is now done and there's just one big bed to do at the Fairgrounds. Sarah comes this morning and I will set her to working on some cleanup jobs and toddle over and just do it this morning. My motto for the day? Do not lift anything heavy. Half barrels are heavy and so are big bags of earth. Groceries I can handle.

Jane comes at noon to give me my afternoon "off duty". (I intend to call our case worker to see if I can get more than four hours a week scheduled. I sure would love a whole day so I could go to Ottawa for some visiting and shopping.) I need to go to town for a few boring things today - two folding lawn chairs, a range hood vent, binder twine, etc. I'd rather shop for plants! I plan to check out the low carb wrap at Subway for lunch and avoid the Chinese Buffet. Wish me strength! We ate stir-fry last night so I may not crave. I need to save myself for dim-sum.

A new business has opened in the next village. Rue Royale makes cast stone ornaments that are just delightful. Doug has worked restoring monuments and buildings for many years and now makes garden art. I bought a head of Diana which I will fill with ivy - I'll post a picture when she is done - and a winking sun to hang on the wall beside my side door. Yesterday I bought a darling hedgehog to give as a housewarming/gardenwarming gift. Lovely stuff and I wish them well. I am going to try to stay away for a while but it's sort of addictive. Is it too soon to do Christmas shopping? Too bad stone is pretty expensive to mail.

Whoops! Sarah will be here in an hour and I've got stuff to do before then! I'll catch up later in the afternoon.

Happy Thursday!
Old 06-03-2004, 08:13 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

Here is a picture of my new hair do and color. I hope you can see it alright.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg little me.jpg (6.3 KB, 72 views)
Old 06-03-2004, 08:22 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Little Chick, I love your new do! I'm so sorry you're sick, sweetie... take good care of yourself... don't do too much!

Ruth, thank God for ibuprophen, indeed! I lifted my "own" weight at the Y yesterday with my trainer. Was doing these stupid leg raises where you hang by your arms. I can't raise my left arm today. The pain is terrible. I must have damaged something, damnit.
Please mail me a full-sized statue of David. And step away from the Chinese buffet!! You're so so well!!

I'm going to the gym this morning with DH. He's got the morning off.

For those of you who have been asking about/praying for my Dad, an update if you don't already know. He has cancer, and it's very bad, and he's fading fairly quickly. I'm so grateful for all of the well-wishes and prayers that I've had here. If you could continue to pray for him for a quick and easy journey, I would appreciate it. Thank you, girls.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:24 AM   #5  

good morning chickies,
sunny and warmer here today for a change. the kids might actually get to play a baseball game if the fields are dry. they have so many to make up at this point i have lost track.
thank you all for your good wishes yesterday for dd. we really appreciate it. i still have thoughts of forming the "bookend possee" but in time that will pass .

i heard on the news last night that the US was going to finally revamp their food pyramid. i am not real sure of the details but i guess they are lowering the amount of carb servings and upping the amount of lean meat, veggies and fruit servings reccomended daily. yet more proof that SBD is a healthy way of life if you ask me. i'll look for an article and see if i can post it.

little chick hope you feel better soon, nothing worse than a cold as far as annoying illnesses go. take care. great job on the loss!!!! i am also back on track finally after 3 days of scale watching i am down to 237 gonna change my signature today. keep up the great work!!!

ruth i do hope you can get a little extra help with harry you need to take care of yourself too. as i was reading your post i just kept thinking ....how did this amazing woman become in charge of beautifying an entire village??? all i can say is good for you!!! it all sounds so wonderful. oh yeah and i can't wait to see diana's head.

hope you all have a great day!!!
Old 06-03-2004, 08:33 AM   #6  

oh my goodness ellis i am so sorry to hear about your dad. please take care i am praying for your family. if there is anything at all that i can do don't hesitate to ask. even if it is just to vent please don't hesitate. sorry about your arm also take care of yourself!!!

little chick i love the new do!!!
Old 06-03-2004, 09:03 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning ladies.

Ellis -- I am sooo sorry! That is horrible news. If you need anything from us, don't hesitate to ask, ok?

Little Chick and Ruth -- feel better. I woke up this morning from what I thought was a great night's sleep [with an added hour in there] but awoke feeling horrible. Luckily, I think it's my allergies that seem to come and go! Equally as lucky, tomorrow is Friday which makes for a very short work week for me in case it is a cold! Love to new hairstyle too LC!

As for me, I went to the gym yesterday and am sore today. Very sore. Even typing hurts! I am in a funky mood as well. Lunch is an office BBQ in which I will only be able to have a hamburger. Luckily, I brought a bag of lettuce to sustain me. Tonight I am going to grab a few things from the store after my workout, seeing as how I have hardly anything in my fridge.

Hope the day goes well for all!
Jenn
Old 06-03-2004, 09:32 AM   #8  
Member Florida Chick

Cool

Good Morning Chickies: I've been lurking, but don't really have much excitement to post from around here. finally my dh and i are over the bronchitis. We both still cough, and I'm afraid it will hang on for some time. My weight loss seems to be stalled. It is just keep on keeping on and eventually something will give. Downward, i hope.
I'm starting a whole new course of antibiotics to get rid of the H-pylori bacteria that has once again invaded my digestive system. I thought I was rid of it a long time ago, but guess not. Have to take this stuff for a week, and one is so bitter.

Ruth: Your cement critters sound delightful. Maybe I can get something for my little florida garden, when we get to meet this summer. Looks like we will be in Clayton around the 8th of July. How will that fit into your plans. I will be in touch when we get there.

Ellis: I'm so sorry about your Father. and for his sake, and yours too, pray that he won't have a long period of suffering.

Hope all you gals have a great day on the beach. Lizzie
Old 06-03-2004, 09:33 AM   #9  

Hi girls! Jusat wanted to stop in and say Hello! Today i have to go with my best friend and her 2 year old daughter to St. louis. The little monster broke her leg a few weeks ago and she needs to have the cast off today. She doesnt like the idea at all. the last time she went there it ook 3 nurses, mom and dad to hold her down and they just put anohter one over the old...lol. The doctors and nirses did not want to tramatize her any more...lol. So we will see how the mighty 2 year old does today. She cryin out loud she can't live in the darn thing...lol. But if you ask her she says she can her answer is i can still run as she hobble off demonstrating it...lol. she is funny.

Ellis Sorry to here about your father, you know he is in our thoughts now too! your not alone through this.

well i need to get ready to leave soon so have a great day ladies!!
Old 06-03-2004, 10:02 AM   #10  

Hi Everyone!

I am off to the dentist for a filling today - YUK! Then I am dashing to the library. But I had to stop in and say hello!

Ellis: My dad had leukemia so believe me I understand what you are going through. If you ever need to talk about it, feel free to message me or if you want to e-mail please let me know. Good for you for working out yesterday!

Little Chick: Your hair looks fantastic! I hope that you and Ruth feel better!

Have a great day everyone!

Adrianna
Old 06-03-2004, 10:08 AM   #11  
Ready to Change

Back for a few seconds. Had time to sneak in a 20 minute treadmill. not great but better than nothing. I still am not feeling all that great but I am determined to do some sort of exercise everyday.

Ellis- sorry I must have missed your post before about your dad. I am sending you prayers and hugs take care of yourself. I am also sending prayers for your dad.

Ruthie- hope you are feeling better. God bless Advil. Don't work to hard today.

Melissa- have fun with that 2 year old. Poor we thing. How did she ever manage to break her leg at that age.

Lizzie- glad to hear that you are starting to feel better.

Jen- Enjoy your b-que. I love hamburgers on the barbie. Good thinking bringing lettuce with you. Take care and have a great day.

justjodi- I guess we are just a couple of losers.

Well I must get going and try to get something accomplished. Plus I need to get the adgenda done for tonights meeting. Yeah it is my last one. Then I have another commity I am finished with.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:09 AM   #12  
Ready to Change

Adrianna- Hi there we must have been posting at the same time. Have fun at the dentist. Enjoy you day.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:49 AM   #13  

good morning ladies.

Littlechick - I cannot believe you work out when you're sick, you just amaze me! I like the new do!

Ruth - we buy those little heat packs that are like hand warmers and have the sticky on the back, it works well. but the garden things sound great. this is my first year growing anything!

Ellis - my thoughts and prayers are definitely with you. certainly we're all here to support you.

jenn - horray for working out! I really want to start working out again, but I feel like starting phase 1 and working out = too much

lizziepie - welcome back, so sorry to hear that you had bronchitus. make sure you drink lots of tea, somehow bronchitus seems to hold on forever.

melissa - what can I say - good luck not traumatizing that 2 year old? You'll have to give us the update.

adriana - hopefully everything goes well,some how I like going to the dentist as much as the OB/GYN.

Day 3 of phase 1 - so far so good. already saw a bit of weight loss which is nice. work is extremely stressful right now so I'm proud that we're staying OP.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:55 AM   #14  

Ellis I am so sorry to hear about your dad. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

As for all of you "sickies" out there- hope you are feeling better!!

My DH and I went to dinner last night to celebrate our anniversary. We had a fabulous dinner, and although it wasn't as SBD friendly as it could have been, it was delicious! We had a four course meal with wine pairings, so my head hurts a bit today!

My DD stayed at my mom's last night, and is at preschool right now, so I am having a very relaxing morning! It is almost 11:00 here and I am still in my pjs.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:45 PM   #15  

Height: 5'-2"

Forgive me for not addressing all of you personally... I've had a busy day calling around about home care and all kinds of other things.
I just wanted to send my thanks to all of you for your for your prayers and thoughts. I am so very grateful for my friends here. You are such a support to me. Sending you all love and hugs...
Closed Thread