South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 09:49 AM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default scared

I am due to start phase II on Monday. However, I am going to stay on the strict phase until the 26th -- I am going home for Memorial Day and want to lose a few pounds before doing so. It'll be my first time back to NY in almost 6 months and I want to make an impression. I am doing well with Phase I so I figured it was ok to do it for another week or so.

My thing is that I am doing it part out of willpower, but mostly out of fear. I am scared that once I start re-intoducing carbs, that I will gain all that I lost. I am so used to being on diets with really restricted eating and this part [phase I] seems normal now.

I am also scared of binging.

I've been CRAVING a green apple. That's the only thing in almost two weeks. I was a potato fanatic -- but don't crave those or pasta anymore. There was bread at the dinner last night and although I wanted it, I didn't crave it. I think I just want things that I can't have when they are in front of me.

Anyway, yeah. I know it might be an irrational fear but I am still scared.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:12 AM   #2  

I know how you feel. I'm due to start Phase II on Sunday. I've lost 5 pounds on Phase I and I'm afraid my losses will stall on P2.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:18 AM   #3  

Default You'll Be Okay

Hi Jenn:

You'll do fine once you hit Phase II.

It's not like you get a cupcake on the first day! You'll be able to have that apple.

Here I am, day 5 of Phase II and I'm just fine. I am just thrilled to throw in a piece of fruit and a slice of whole grain bread now and then. But mostly, my diet is still Phase I. It's nice to have the additional options.

Remember while you're visiting home that this is a really easy plan to follow. Unless you're having a gathering at a bakery - you'll still have options for good choices.

Now tell me, how did you get hyperlinks on your signature page here. I've tried a million different times and can't get kitchenlite to hyperlink!
Old 05-14-2004, 10:47 AM   #4  

Hi Jenn!
You might wanna try what i did when i entered phase 2. I decided to eat exactly like phase 1 but start adding an apple every day or every other day for a week. the next week (this week) i started to occasionally add starches. for example on days i go to the gym i had a pita wrap thing for lunch. and i'm still eating small servings of fruit every day. i'm not sure what i'm doing next week. i think i'll continue what i've done this week. i was also scared to enter phase 2. anyways so far i have continued to lose though very slowly (but i didn't lose barely anything in my 2nd week of phase 1). however i am still shrinking! just go slowly and you'll be fine!
Old 05-14-2004, 10:54 AM   #5  

Thanks for the encouragement to both of you. I am still afraid and like I said, I am going to hold off a week and see how it goes. I've only lost 1 pound on week 2 of Phase I and I am a bit bummed but hanging in.

Kathy -- type in square brackets (url=http://blah blah)My Link(/url) and that will link directly.

You never answered my post last Sunday about the gym either!
Old 05-14-2004, 11:19 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Girls don't be afraid I am doing phase 2 my own version anyway I eat protien and tons of fruits and veggies. I have a fruit smoothie and a salad or veggies of some sort every night and I have lost atleast 4 pounds in the last week. I don't eat bread,potatoes,rice at all. Just protien, veggies and fruit. Good luck.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:23 AM   #7  

Hi jenn,
i also only lost one pound in my second week of phase 1 and was very discouraged and scared to move on to phase 2 considering the slow weight loss while on the strictest portion of the diet. but i decided to stick it through and am seeing results though they are slower than others. add that apple, it'll be the best thing you ever tasted, at least thats how i felt when i had my first apple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne1017
Thanks for the encouragement to both of you. I am still afraid and like I said, I am going to hold off a week and see how it goes. I've only lost 1 pound on week 2 of Phase I and I am a bit bummed but hanging in.

Kathy -- type in square brackets (url=http://blah blah)My Link(/url) and that will link directly.

You never answered my post last Sunday about the gym either!
Old 05-14-2004, 12:34 PM   #8  
Chickpea

For some reason I thought Phase I was for "detox" from bad carb cravings, and Phase II was the real weight loss session. I thought the doc said that the weight loss in Phase I was sort of an unintended (but welcome) consequence. I am slowly losing in Phase II by eating some oatmeal, whole wheat pasta, grain bread, berries, even occasional pumpkin. I also think Phase II is healthier because of the additional vitamins & minerals and fibers.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:49 PM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Jenn, you'll be fine. Just take it slow. I actually lost more during the first two weeks of Phase II than I had during Phase I.
We'll be here to kick your butt if you need it.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:51 PM   #10  

thanks ellis and you all!
Old 05-14-2004, 05:48 PM   #11  

Jenn,

There is nothing wrong with continuing Phase 1 as long as you're comfortable with it. If you're feeling scared about Phase 2, take it in baby steps. How about staying on Phase 1 & introduce half of the green apple that you want?

This was my first week on Phase 2. I've introduced carbs back in (maybe more than I should) and I've learned that they're not so important to me anymore. I don't crave them & I actually enjoy meals with a lot less (or no) carbs.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:57 PM   #12  
Hot Stuff

jenn, you'll be fine. Why don't you start with one serving per day for a week and see how your body reacts? The thing is, you're adding back healthy carbs, whole grains and fruits, not pastries and white bread, right? It will still be a change.

I completely understand wanting to make an impression, but you're fabulous just as you are, and the people who love you are going to love you regardless.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:18 PM   #13  

Jenn - Sorry I didn't reply to your post about the gym on Sunday...reason being that I didn't go! Thing 2 was sick (strep throat) and Thor was coming down with something, so I had a very valid excuse to stay home!

I worked out with my sis-in-law tonight. It's most fun being her personal trainer!
Old 05-15-2004, 02:24 AM   #14  

LoL--better late than never Kathy.

I like the advice you all gave on limited, but I still don't know. I am afraid that if I have it in my head that I can have a bit, that I will take a lot. Who knows? We'll take that when we get there.

On a great note -- I had a semi date tonight. She ordered pizza [one of my FAVORITES!]. And you know what? I didn't even want a piece. Now, whether it was because I was so nervous, who knows. But I was full from dinner and didn't want a slice! This is a BREAKTHROUGH [the date and the not wanting pizza!]
Closed Thread