South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 07:26 PM   #1  
Hot Stuff

Default Crashed and burned

I am a sugar addict. I guess I didn't have enough to eat. The cupboard is still bare because I've had appointments after work every day this week, and the vet appointment took longer than I thought. By the time I got in I was in full blood sugar drop...shaking, lightheaded, cranky as ****...there were donuts...it wasn't pretty.

I am going to get through two weeks of this **** if it kills me, no matter how many times I have to re-start. So I think what I'll do until I can get groceries on the weekend is make the best possible choices I can and not sweat it and give it another go on Sunday.

One of these times I'm going to make it.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:58 PM   #2  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

There is nothing wrong in starting over! As long as you maintain that healthy attitude and WANT to start over...then you are golden!
Old 05-14-2004, 08:18 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Wildfire... I'm so sorry, sweetie.
Listen, this is going to be good. You just started at the wrong time. You're going to get groceries and you're going to be READY!!
We're here for you, hon.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:42 PM   #4  

I agree with Ellis, go shopping. I stocked up on string cheese to pull me through. I carried one wherever I went. Make sure you drink your water too!

You've come to the right place for support. This is why we're here.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:47 PM   #5  
Hot Stuff

Thanks, girls! I'm making my list tonight and DH and I are going to buy a motherload of good food tomorrow.

Weird thing is, I'm down three pounds. Guess I've been doing something right.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:22 PM   #6  

Ummmm... HEEEEELLLLOOOO! Wildfire, let us not assume that the DONUTS were what you were doing right!
Congrats on the three pounds, hon.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:28 PM   #7  

Default Et Tu Wildfire?

Don't worry about it Wildfire. Just so you get right back on that South Beach horse.

I was not the model of perfection during Phase I. Still lost 10 lbs. Even though I had a very large slice of birthday cake at a party, a few bites of a dessert at a restaurant and an amount of almonds equivalent to a linebacker.

That sugar, it's an evil thing! Give it the smack-down next time it taunts you. And always keep baggies of almonds in your purse/car/desk so that you have something to get you past those evil donuts!
Old 05-14-2004, 09:33 PM   #8  
Hot Stuff

ellis, the only thing right about those donuts were the holes in the center! How are you doing?

Kathryn, thanks for the encouragement! Almonds are a good idea...I'm adding them to my list.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:07 PM   #9  

I'm almost at the end of day three. Think I've lost at least two pounds.
Having trouble eating my veggies. I was never big on them.
Don't forget to get some sugarfree popsicles!
Old 05-15-2004, 09:13 AM   #10  
Hot Stuff

I'm not a veggie person either, ellis. I think we talked about this before. Do you like veggie soup? I'm going to make a batch of the WW veggie soup, omitting the carrots and adding some diced chicken. It's pretty good, and it gets those veggies in. It can be altered to add any veggies you prefer. I use the basic recipe and toss in whatever I have on hand.

Here's the recipe, if you are interested:

2/3 cup sliced carrots (I'm omitting these)
1/2 cup diced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups fat free broth (chicken, beef, or vegetable)
1 1/2 cups diced green cabbage
1/2 cup green beans
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup diced zucchini

In large saucepan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, saute (carrot), onion, and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes.

Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt, bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until beans are tender. (I'll throw in some cooked chicken here.)

Stir in zucchini and heat 3-4 minutes. Serve hot. Makes 4 servings.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:56 AM   #11  

Oh, thank you, Wildfire. I'm going to make some of that today!

I just got back from the gym. I only did 15 minutes on the bike... my head cold has moved into my chest, and it's the best I could do.

Have a great OP day, Wild!!
Closed Thread