South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 02:57 PM   #1  

Default Need a pick me up

Please bear with me while i rant.

I need help. I want to walk into my kithcen right now and eat anything that i want to. I am not hungry really just want to have the freedom to go get whatever i want. Chocolate chip cookies sound soooo good. I had started SB on Saturday prepared to give this a good go and now I am thinking how can somebody live this way for long. Never being able to enjoy the same foods when going to friends houses. Maybe a low cal diet is more right for me. How have you gotten over this? My clothes are fitting so much better but at this moment that doesn't seem so important.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:06 PM   #2  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Personally, I do eat those things every now and then, but only a couple of bites. There is no way I could stick with the program if I never allowed myself to have those things. But those times are getting fewer and fewer as I see how my body reacts when I eat things that aren't good for me. I just look at it like "Eating good 90% of the time is better then not eating good at all." Yes my weight loss will be a little slower when I go off plan but as long as I feel good about it I don't care what anyone else thinks. It also depends on your personality. Some people have no problems giving up "bad" foods. My willpower isn't that strong. I have to keep the foods out of my house or else I eat them.

You're not alone.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:05 PM   #3  
Imagine...

ditto, I also make chocolate covered strawberries they seem to kill the choc. monkey on my back!
Old 03-25-2004, 05:56 PM   #4  
Chickpea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryn2GetThin
... How have you gotten over this? My clothes are fitting so much better but at this moment that doesn't seem so important.
I am new to this program, but I am doing it for my health. I don't want to take medication for high blood pressure or diabetes in the future. I hope I can prevent those conditions now. The doctor is right about being creative with recipes. It takes work, but it is worth it for me. Maybe 2 weeks will be difficult as an adjustment. Good luck!
Old 03-25-2004, 07:07 PM   #5  

Thank you everyone for your help. I am trying to be strong. I think I have made ith through today...lol

Can you have avacado? I wish that more foods were listed in this book!
Old 03-25-2004, 07:44 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

Avacados got me through my first week on this diet! I have been pretty successful so far, and I have never been successful before on a diet. I am about the same way, eat right 90% and 10% treat myself. I have discovered that sugar free goodies and stuff from those lo-carb stores or the lo-carb section of the store help me out a lot. Especially since most sugar free stuff can cause you to have some err.. intestinal discomfort if you eat too much, it helps to eat a small amount to kill the craving. It's not exactly South Beach Diet rules, but it helps to keep me on plan, and it's a heck of a lot better than eating a regular candy bar or a bag of chips!
Good luck to you! Hang in.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:50 AM   #7  

Yes, hang in there Tryn2GetThin! And don't be too hard on yourself. Nobody is perfect. The most important thing is to get right back on program if you do decide to have an off program item.

Chickpea, thanks for the reminder. That is why I am here too. I have a good friend a few years older who didn't take care of herself and who is now paying the price with diabetes and high blood pressure. I want to prevent these problems before they begin!
Old 03-26-2004, 09:38 PM   #8  
I vant to draw your blood

Tryn, I can SO identify with you!!!

All those platitudes about "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"...

Sometimes, I just cave and have a little taste of whatever it is that's driving me , then I take a deep breath and climb back on the horse. It's taking me longer to lose, but I figure I didn't wake up one morning to find I'd gained 50 pounds, so it's not going to disappear overnight, either.

I don't know what you're doing for exercise, but if you're not, please do. I hate sweating, but my dh has been wonderful about dragging me out to walk at the mall at least 3 times a week and it's really helped. Those little indiscretions aren't having as bad an effect on me as they would have a month ago.

Hang in there...

Mamacita
Old 03-26-2004, 10:30 PM   #9  
Miss_Smarty_Pants

S/C/G: 160/150/130

I had lost ALL cravings until just after dinner tonight.......it would seem that not even the diet can completely get rid of PMS cravings. Although they are not as intense as before. I make myself eat something I'm allowed to have (ie fruit) and if I still have the craving after (which it always seems to go away) then I will give in to some sugar free candy.
Closed Thread