South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 11:09 AM   #1  

Default Howdy! New to SBD w/ a couple of questions

Well, I am thinking of starting SBD Sunday so I've been eating rice and ice cream like crazy! I am trying to reasearch it to see if I can do it.

Couple of questions:

1) Salad dressing - What if the ingredients say it has sugar but the nutritional label says 0g of sugar? I assume it's like other stuff and if it is less than 1g they are allowed to say it has 0g. I have several bottles of my Kraft Caesar Parmesan Viniagrette in the cabinet that I really like. Since I can't have my beloved Ken's Light Raspberry Walnut Vinagrette (6g sugar!), I would be happy w/ this one.

2) I am going to Orlando in May and will be doing Disney parks for a couple of days. usually I take in granola bars, etc for snacks. I should be on Phase 2 at taht time. What would be some good snacks to take in that don't have to be kept cold?

TIA!
Old 03-19-2004, 02:43 PM   #2  

1) Anything less than 3g of sugar is okay.
2) Take lots of nuts - variety is the key. You could take some yogurt and cheese sticks for the morning when it is cooler, make them your mid-morning snacks. As you will be on phase 2 you could make some wholemeal bread sandwhiches or take some pouches of drained flavoured tuna and have it with wholemeal crackers. This is a bit fiddlier than eating bars though.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:01 PM   #3  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Maybe some pb sandwhiches? Use whole wheat bread, natural peanut butter, and sugar free or low sugar jelly. Find a little box(like a lunch box) to keep them in so they don't get smashed and get a locker when you first get to the park so you don't have to lug around snacks all day. And don't be the only one eating these things for snacks. Have the whole family do it as well. They will be healthy so as to give the family energy, and you won't feel deprived. If you have kids that are gonna get upset about wanting ice cream, cotton candy, etc. Let them know ahead of time that snacks in the park are expensive and each day they can pick say one treat to buy from there. Good Luck!
Oh and things like apples and oranges don't need to be refrigerated. Maybe have a piece of fruit for one of your snacks.
Closed Thread