South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 08:49 PM   #1  

Default More room for another towel ?

Hello everyone, sure hope there is still room for one more. I even brought my own pail. I posted all my stats on the bio board, and am looking foward to chatting. I have about 20 pounds to loose as xmas treats seemed to drag on through January (to be honest I bought too much and, well, somebody had to eat it eh?). I would love to read the southbeach book but cannot find a copy, even the library is backed up. Must be some popular diet. My hobbies are reading and collecting mysteries, and I am a finatical cross stitcher. Does anyone know how to change your log in name. Mine is reading shubby Beachbum. I do not know where the shubby came from. Maybe something went wrong in the crash that the board had. Hey Ruth, we are practically neighbors. I am in Kingston....cheers
Old 01-28-2004, 09:04 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey, Flo! Welcome to the Beach!
Shubby... You can't change it without re-registering. Shubby IS kind of cute.
You've got some great bookstores in Kingston, you lucky girl, you.
Have you ever been to Prime Crime in Ottawa? It's a great bookstore... all mysteries. New and secondhand.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:23 PM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome to the beach.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:23 PM   #4  

Hey Ellis, thanks and no I never heard of it, but it sure sounds like an interesting place to snoop. I used to live in Ottawa years back when the dh went to Calton for a couple of years before moving to Qeens uni. Missed home. He has a brother and sil living in Ottawa. They are profs. at Ottawa Uni. One thing I did not miss about Ottawa is your bloody cold winters. No matter how cold it gets down here it is still colder up there. Yes Kingston is nice isn,t it. I live across from the olympic harbour, and I too love to sit on the porch (and watch the sail boats). There might be alot of book stores here but I have not found one yet that can promiss me a copy of sbd....cheers
Old 01-28-2004, 09:29 PM   #5  

thanks little chick. Ruth...there is nothing wrong with your computer. I have been reading this board for awhile and as soon as the cold weather set in I have had a terrible time trying to navigate. It takes forever, and tonight is really bad. I was just chalking it up to the board being busy but now I am thinking maybe the weather as my c-band dish is acting up as well.(and I am on sympatico high speed.).......cheers
Old 01-28-2004, 11:16 PM   #6  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WELCOME TO THE BEACH SHUBBY!!! The more the merrier.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:16 AM   #7  

Hi Shubby (yes, it is a good name really, although I dont think I want the 3FC computer reanaming me.........all kinds of badness could come of that )

I have been doing this for about three weeks and so far I feel pleased with it. It seems like an eating plan I can stick with (except the large amounts of artificial sweeteners which I might be phasing out.... ).

Tried Amazon for the book? If .com dont have it you could try .co.uk which may ship over to you (weird way of doing it but I often do it the other way).
Old 01-29-2004, 09:02 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there, Flo! Welcome to the Beach. I love Portsmouth Village and adore Kingston. Once this darn play is over and done with, perhaps we can meet for a coffee or lunch. I wonder if Chez Piggy does SBD? Hmmmmmm.
If you want your name changed, just PM me and I'll get it done. No need to re-register. Shubby is kind of cute though.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:21 AM   #9  
Imagine...

Hi Flo, welcome!
Old 01-29-2004, 10:52 AM   #10  

You can put your towel right next to mine, I am new too! WELCOME!
Old 01-29-2004, 12:58 PM   #11  

Hi! I am so new as well, today is my first day on the boards, not even on th diet yet, was that off a little, boards first, diet second? oh well!

i'm so glad i am not alone!
Old 01-29-2004, 01:23 PM   #12  

I think Shubby-Beachbum is a GREAT name! No lie.

Welcome to the Beach! I'm new, too, and there seems to be plenty of room and there's definitely plenty of good company!

Looking forward to seeing you around. If you can't find the book, don't worry. I think the info in the FAQ here and in the general SBD section on Prevention.com is terrific and pretty thorough, and the food lists are more up to date. I would also suggest signing up for the free daily emails from the official SBD site, you'll get really useful info there, too.

And I would read up!! For me, the lists, menus, and recipes would have only taken me so far, and I would have been baffled without reading a bit about the method to it all.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 01-29-2004, 01:55 PM   #13  

Shubby, Welcome - another newbie here. Been on SBD phase 1 for 4 days and the cravings are finally starting to subside! You'll love this board and the support it provides.

Anne
Old 01-29-2004, 06:55 PM   #14  

Hi, Shubby....Yes, a very cute name. Welcome and I too am a newbie. Day 5 of the diet. I purchased my book last week on Amazon.com and it was at my front door in a couple of days....a week before their estimated arrival time.
Welcome and best wishes for success.
Closed Thread