South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 03:39 PM   #1  

Default Motivation

I have mine.... but at times very weak.... would like to know....

What Motivates You to Stay on the SBD Program

Thanks,
Darby
Old 01-23-2004, 04:18 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Darby, for me it's mostly my dressing room FILLED with clothes that don't fit me. I have NOTHING to wear!!
Old 01-23-2004, 04:32 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 8"

Looking at pictures from my last vacation!! Bleck!!! I am disgusted with myself for getting so heavy...at the moment, that is my motivation....self loathing!
Old 01-23-2004, 04:55 PM   #4  

Default Favorite Quote

"nothing tastes as good as thin feels"
Old 01-23-2004, 04:58 PM   #5  
Imagine...

For me, its the first time I have lost this much weight...so I just keep going.
Now if I could only exercise on a regular basis
Old 01-24-2004, 12:02 PM   #6  

Default Motivation

Hi

What keeps me motivated is coming here and chatting and reading everyone's posts. It helps to have others going for the same thing, plus there are so many good tips to make it more fun (fun?) yep, more fun.

I also tell myself when I feel deprived or left out, hey, you have a choice to keep on doing what you were doing and to keep getting what you were getting or to make a change. I have a choice and I chose to stay on this WOE and lose weight. Tired of being overweight, it actually takes up alot of my energy mentally, I want freedom

Tracy
Old 01-24-2004, 12:09 PM   #7  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Ditto what Toothfairy says!

I love this healthy WOE, posting daily with friends, and sharing information which leads to good health and weight loss.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:54 AM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Well toothfairee you pretty much hit the nail on the head. My biggest is that I am doin it for me and no one else. When I went to WW there was a group of us from church that went and if one fell of we would all fall off. Like that made it better. With this even if some fall off there are always ones that do not and help to motivate us drifters back in. Also to me this is an easier way of eating compared to all the others. I also pray daily for God to help me and guide in this phase of my journey through life. So Stay in it! (one of my favorite sayings)
Old 01-26-2004, 11:36 AM   #9  

I stayed on SBD for 6 months and maintained a 10-12 lb weight loss (only 5'3"). Made all the difference. I blew it over the holidays, somehow I still think I can eat my way thru December. I agree with you Bamiegurl - this is such a great way to eat, keeps the carb cravings to a minimum and the results are amazing. Bamiegurl, I also want to do this for ME so all the clothes that have fit me since last June will fit again. I was so proud for so long and now I feel I've failed myself. I'm on day 1 again but this time I'm staying in it too!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 11:44 AM   #10  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

You go chickie! I as well have lots of really cute clothes that are hangin out in the closet waitin on me! When I walk into my closet I hear a faint Kellie, Kellie soon you can pick me! I was diggin through and I have from 8-14's so I should have sumin to wear til I hit goal. I also still have one pair of my 3's which I know I will never wear again because I don't want to. But it's fun to see my kids face when they look at them and then me. But you can bet as I shrink out of 'em there outta here! I don't care how nice the outfit was or how much it cost someone else can enjoyit! Glad to hear ur stayin n it! tee-hee
Old 01-26-2004, 12:37 PM   #11  

I want my husband to see me in a bathing suit for the first time this summer!!!! I've always worn shorts and a baggy t-shirt to the beach but NOT this year!!!!!!!! That's a big motivator for me since I've already promised him no matter what, I'll be in a bathing suit!
Old 01-26-2004, 12:41 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamiegurl
When I walk into my closet I hear a faint Kellie, Kellie soon you can pick me!

Closed Thread