South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 11:18 AM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi susi! Welcome to the Beach. There's lots of support and fun here! Congratulations on your loss so far!
Old 11-09-2003, 11:57 AM   #17  
Work in Progress

Welcome Susi--this is an amazing support group......we look forward to hearing from you.

Ruth, take care of yourself....here are some cold fighting tips...

drink Ginger tea, you can get it in bags or if you have fresh ginger just seep it and it will help fight off a cold....also, in capsules...

oregano oil. I take it regularly during winter, it is considered a natural antibiotic. If your getting sick, don't take tons of vitamin c, but smaller doses during the day....the reason is that your body needs to work hard to get rid of the excess and it depletes its ability to fight the cold!!!

sflake, I had mashed potatos last night and fell asleep at 9:30 and slept through until 7AM, major carb coma.

Marci....congrats on the pound, I love it when the scale is going in the right direction!!!

Was worthless yesterday, getting ready to get tons of work done today to start the week good....

Happy Sunday to all.....
Old 11-09-2003, 04:57 PM   #18  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hi, everyone!

It was too cloudy where we live to see anything with the Eclipse! DH is feeling some better today, but I left him to rest while I went to church. Then I stopped on the way home and got Chinese for lunch. Big mistake! But I'm climbing right back on the wagon for dinner!!! Staying OP with spinach salad, skinless chicken breast, and cauliflower for dinner.

Have a good Sunday, all....
~Sharon~
Old 11-09-2003, 05:00 PM   #19  
Member Florida Chick

Hi everyone: Our Fall Festival in now a memory, and I am glad about that. It turned out very well, but was a lot of work for a lot of people. So hopefully, now I can get back on track.

My eating hasn't been really OP this weekend, but have decided to get back to Phase 1 to detox myself. Don't know if I can handle it for the full 2 weeks, but certainly can do one. :

I had a great hankering for pasta, and for me whole wheat pasta just doesn't 'do it' But I made a compromise last night, took 2oz. WWheat, and 2oz. regular, cooked together, That gave DH and me each one cup of pasta. Put Portobella Alfredo sauce and shrimp over it, and we really enjoyed it. The Sauce is low in carbs, so we were only 'half bad'. : A nice salad, and SF pistachio pudding, completed the menu.

Ruth: Hope you don't get a cold, and surely hope your foot problem is cleared up with the ointment. A combination of excema and fungal infection should be pretty bad.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I should be back to a regular schedule now for a while. I did manage to check in and read, so have a bit of an idea as to what is going on.

'See' you tomorrow. Lizzie
Hope Whimsey is doing well with her nip and tuck.
Old 11-09-2003, 07:08 PM   #20  
Believe it & Achieve it

Hey all another long night with the kids and I am really bored. I let the kids have some friends over (well that is what they think, in reality I am doing a babysitter swap to cut my daycare cost)

Trying not to stress over my job tommorow. I hope I am not in trouble. Fri there was a possibility of me in the afternoon, but no one was around to tell me yay or nay whether my paperwork was complete to be able to drive so my trainer told me to go home and I said call if you need me.

Well they called and told me to report to work at 1:50 Fri and I got it at 2:30 today (sunday!) I was so upset. A. I needed the hours and B. I have always been really responsible when it comes to work, reporting on time etc...

I could not remember why I was not around on Fri till my dbf reminded me that I was out fo 2 hours rescuing him. So I called and left a message on the answering machine at work with a HUGE apology and told them I would talk to them in the morning.

I mean I guess if it had been a huge deal they would have kept calling till they got ahold of me, I'm still nervous though because it took over 4 months to get this job plus a month of tedious training. I don't need this hassle, the first day off of my training probation period!

Well, had to ramble I guess...sorry

Sounds like everyone is having a good weekend, Ruth get over that cold fast! I hate being sick and in fact need to haul my buns in and get my flu shot.

:hugs: to all
Closed Thread