South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 08:04 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Just Chat - Wednesday, October 22

Good morning! The sky right now is exactly the same colour as the background in this window! Looks like another damp and dark and dull day. Beam me up, Scottie!

Actually this weather gives me another excuse not to finish up the yard work! Claire and Rob are coming this morning to pick up the children's schoolwork prize envelopes. Can you believe I had them ready mid-Spetember and completely forgot them!!!! Anyhow my two lovely friends will deliver them and the kids' artwork to the schools this morning. I am finally smartening up and accepting help.

I've washed, dried and rehung all my sheer curtains so far this morning and am going to vacuum and dust the livingroom and diningroom since Gail did not get to them on Monday. I think she got hung up on cleaning the louvred doors in the back room. I need to clean the crispers in the fridge too so that'll shoot the morning.

Whatchadointoday?
Old 10-22-2003, 08:24 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Today I am doing as little as possible because its my birthday.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:29 AM   #3  

Good Morning Ruth:
I'm so inspired by all your early morning hard work! I really need to do my curtains, too! (But it ain't happinen' anytime too soon!)

Well, today is the second to last field hockey game of the season for my dd13. I'm going to miss them, the weather has been absolutely gorgeous, and its been so nice sitting outside to watch.

DH took DD to school and she came walking back a few minutes later. She forgot there was no first period today! So I made a nice big breakfast of eggs and canadian bacon and we all had a nice start to our day! Usually, she's running so late, she rushes out eating yogurt or a cereal bar on the way!

I've been on Phase 2 since Monday now, but I haven't really added much. Monday I made whole wheat pasta, yesterday I had a tiny piece of dark chocolate and a glass of red wine (my belated birthday celbration!) Today I might try a piece of fruit. I honestly don't fell the need to add much, but I also don't want to burn myself out of this WOE.

Have a great day all you great chicks!
Old 10-22-2003, 08:32 AM   #4  

Happy, Happy Birthday Little Chick!!!

Enjoy your day!
Old 10-22-2003, 08:42 AM   #5  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

GOOD MORNING!!!! I need a POT of coffee this morning!! Actually had a better night sleep last night, but I'm still not caught up!!! I'm going to try to get to work today and get a lot done. Also need to go grocery shopping!!! DS16 took the PSAT yesterday; can't believe how fast he is growing up!!!

Ruth-We have rain here. makes me want to snooze. I'm not surprised you forgot those prize envelopes sweetie, you have had a stressful fall so far. Glad to hear people are helping you out!!!

Little Chick-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Highlysung-Lucky you having a relaxed breakfast with yout daughter!! I had a nagging morning trying to get MY 13 yr. old (DS) out the door!!! If HE is late his brother (DS16) is too, so I really have to keep things on track.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:51 AM   #6  

dentrassi - remember it was due to her forgetfulness that we had our unexpected breakfast together. 15 minutes before that was probably the same thing you go through!!
Old 10-22-2003, 08:56 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy happy happy Birthday, Little Chick.

Do absolutely nothing today. You are WORTH IT!
Old 10-22-2003, 08:57 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Happy Birthday, Little Chick!!!

Ruth, it's sunny here. You're too far south. Move up.

Highlysung, my son was supposed to go to his after-school crafts class yesterday. I ALWAYS walk over there right after school just to make sure he hasn't forgotten his crafts class, and he ALWAYS says, "MOM! You don't need to be here... I have crafts today!"
Yesterday I tried to relax and didn't go, figuring he'd remember as usual. Well he forgot, and he walked home on his own thinking I'd forgotten to pick him up!! He's only seven, and he's SO little! He said he crossed carefully at the lights, etc, but I shudder everytime I think of him walking home alone.

Den, you are FULL of energy this morning! You go, girl!!

DH and I are still sick. DH is in bed, and I'm having a nice quiet time. Apart from the occasional hacking cough.

Have a great day, girls!
Old 10-22-2003, 09:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Mornin ladies! And a very happy birthday, little chick! Sure hope you have a great birthday! Relax and enjoy

Went for my morning walk and walked for 55 minutes. Impressed myself too! It's so nice here this morning. And the cooler weather is coming in....so they say! I would much rather have cooler weather than the weather we were having.

Have a good day!
Old 10-22-2003, 09:21 AM   #10  
Walkn my way to thinville

Hi!!!
Thought I would join you in posting today.

Happy birthday Little chick....its also my baby boys birthday (ok he's 7 but he will always be my baby)

My day today should be a blast (not even) I have to wash all the blankets and do a ton of laundry. I have been so lazy lately that Ive been slacking and me and the kids clothes have piled up. I felt awful yesterday because Jacob had no clean clothes....luckily I found a pair of his old jeans that still looked decent. Bad Mommy. My daughter had a bed wetting accident so her blankets need to be washed AGAIN. Im having a horrible time getting her to stop wetting the bed......she's four. I never had this problem with Jacob so its very aggrivating. She just sleeps so deep that I guess it doesnt wake her. I just have to be patient I guess.

Other than laundry its my sons birthday(as I already mentioned so Im taking him to see Big Dog ( I think thats the name) and to dinner somewhere (I plan on getting a salad) then to the store to pick out a lego set. His sister will be home so it will just be our time. Im looking forward to it.

Im going to get off this computer now and get the chores done. Im hoping to get it done and take my daughter to the park before Jacob gets out of school.

Have a fabo day everyone!!!!!
Old 10-22-2003, 09:39 AM   #11  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi chickies, thanks for the b'day wishes. You guys are right I am doing nothing today. I have even got back in here to chat again. I think that a day of nothing is wonderful. I just wonder how long I can really last.

Newme- I used to take my girls to have a pee just before I went to bed. They would be still half asleep and sometimes still sleeping and get the to the bathroom it is a pain but better than having to do bedding everyday.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:49 AM   #12  
GARDENING ADDICT

Ruth~~I don't know where you get your energy so early in the morning. Could you send some of it down South?

Ellis~~Please get better real soon, sweetie (and your DH, too).

Highlysung~~~Hope you had a wonderful birthday yesterday. Chocolate and wine~~YUMM. Also, congrats on the 12# weight loss in your Phase 1. Great job Take P2 slowly and nothing says that you have to do P2 everyday. Good luck

Little Chick~~Happy, happy birthday to you

Welcome to the new chicks on the beach, Jaime,Teri and Miamore.

NewMe~~Little ones can be time consuming but when they get older there is a whole new set of issues to deal with. Enjoy them while they are young

Ms24~~Good for for getting your exercise in early in the day

Den~~I'm glad you got some sleep last night. Maybe after grocery shopping you can take a nap .
Old 10-22-2003, 12:36 PM   #13  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Highlysung-TRUE! I guess ALL parents are dealing with this stuff. It is easy to forget that sometimes!!!

Ellis-SCARY! Doesn't it just figure too. The ONE time you aren't TRIPLE protective he forgets!! That is SO much like my younger one. I really hope that you and DH feel better soon.

Ms24-GOOD FOR YOU!! I need to start walking too....but first I need to STAY AWAKE!!!

NewMe-Hope you have LOTS of fun with your son. Sil is right, enjoy this age while you have it!! Mine are both teens now!! It is great seeing them become young men, but it is scary in a whole new way!!! (PS-My laundry is in bad shape too.....OOPS!!!)

Little Chick-Glad to hear you have a ME day planned!! Good for you!!

Sil-TOO LATE!! I took the nap and haven't done ANYTHING else yet!! I'm going to get a bit of work done before I have to get the kids and run to the store later. I'm out of bread so I HAVE to get some for the kids' lunches tomorrow!!!
Old 10-22-2003, 02:08 PM   #14  

Angry

Hi EVeryone! Finally got on here today - its been very hectic this week at work.

Happy Birthday Little Chick!

We had lunch brought in at work today - I was a little nervous, but when I got down there - they had huge tray of fresh veggies! That was great! Made life a little easier (and we all need that from time to time! )

It is still very nice here - they have decided it will not snow this weekend - but is is suppose to get very cold...yuck!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day - I need to get my behind back to work!
Old 10-22-2003, 02:25 PM   #15  

Hello Everyone! I am still here, just have been too busy to sit down at this computer. The weather here in Ohio is miserable today, gray sky with wind and occasional rain. I am in slow motion today, it feels GREAT!
Well I have finished week one! I have a few confessions to make, I ate a total of 8 chicken McNuggets, 2 french fries & a sliver of pizza (only 4 bites) over the past week. I have not weighed myself but did midweek and had lost 2 pounds then. I wore a pair of pants yesterday that I had tried on 2 weeks ago and put back in the drawer because they were too tight! That felt WONDERFUL. I can notice little changes going on physically, I'm excited to see what is different next week.
I hope everyone has a good day and if it is sunny where you are think of us who can't see the sun through the ugly gray clouds...sort of looks like snow clouds doesn't it??????????????
Closed Thread