South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 08:12 AM   #1  
In Control: E+R=O

Thumbs down A paradigm shift

I have just realized a very significant positive change in my behavior!

This past week was extremely stressful for me at work (it was the week from h#ll). That's why I wasn't around much....limited time, and when I came home I wanted to just keep to myself and ruminate.

I am an emotional eater. My normal, life-long response to stress, anger, frustration, sadness, guilt, etc, has been to go for the comfort food (which has always been carbohydrates in some form or another).

This past week, I didn't crave or want or need the food. In fact, I experienced just the opposite! I had very little appetite, and had to actually force myself to eat each day. I have been tracking my food on fitday, and for several days last week I had to struggle to get my total caloric intake up to 800 calories. (That should be reflected on the scale when I weigh tomorrow....I actually did step on the scale this morning, but since Monday is my official weigh-in day, I'll wait until then to log my release.)

So I've been thinking about what brought about this paradigm change. It could be that I was simply so stressed that I surpassed my need for comfort food (a higher level of "stressdom"), but I really don't think that's it. I think that I am finally learning to think and react like a thin person would. I'm learning that I control myself and my eating, and I'm not letting the food control me. Remember when we talked about E+R=O? I think I've been putting that concept to work in my day to day life so much lately that it's now becoming a habit or way of life for me, and I react more appropriatetly now to events without even having to consciously think about it.

The desire to become a thin person has now become stronger in me than the desire to eat food that is not healthy for me....the desire is strong enough to overcome even the most powerful old habits and reactions.

I will succeed!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2003, 08:32 AM   #2  
Mous

Talking For you

I am PROUD of you

Marcie
Old 09-21-2003, 09:42 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Twodog, I am SO happy for you! Congratulations, hon!
Old 09-21-2003, 10:56 AM   #4  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Wow! Talk about a major NSV! To see changes in your attitudes and not just behavior is such a postitive thing! I'm so happy for you!
Old 09-21-2003, 11:23 AM   #5  

Congrats Twodog ... some doctors say stress occasionally works in our favor!!! The change in mindset is such a milestone!!! ("stressdom" ... I will be adding that word to my vocabulary!!!)
Old 09-21-2003, 02:22 PM   #6  
Member Florida Chick

TwoDog: WTG!!! That is a real accomplishment. We're proud of you, And Dr. Phil would be too, : since that is what he is all about--changing attitudes and mind set.

AWESOME for you. Lizzie
Old 09-22-2003, 03:40 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

Two
You Rock! That is an amazing shift, that is when the logical part of what we know integrates and becomes cellular, part of us, knowing life on the other side supports never going back. I have experienced this in other areas outside of food, and it is incredible.

Congratulations.......

rb
Old 09-22-2003, 10:18 AM   #8  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Good for YOU 2Dog!!! That is WONDERFUL, and also a sign of real LIFE changes!! When you get to the point where your instincts are changing you KNOW you are going to make it!!!
Old 09-22-2003, 05:10 PM   #9  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Twodog...

This is really major! What an accomplishment you have made!!

I'm very proud of you!

Way to go,
~Sharon
Old 09-22-2003, 10:23 PM   #10  

Thanks everyone! What an amazing, supportive group of women you all are!! My success is due in large part to all of you and your support and advice and encouragement!!

This hug is for ALL of us!!
Old 09-22-2003, 11:19 PM   #11  

Congrats 2dog! Now can you tell us newbies what E+R=O means. I would love to feel how you do now. I am surrounded by negativity and I can feel it pull me down. Trying to stay positive, but sometimes I can help but get sucked in.
You beach chicks are helping me stay on track and though I don't post as much as some, I enjoy reading all the positive insights that are shared here.
Old 09-23-2003, 05:47 AM   #12  

Hi Snoozin!

E+R=O --> Event + your Reaction = Outcome.

We had a thread about this a while back. I'll see if I can find it for you and bump it back up to the top so you can read it.
Closed Thread