South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-01-2019, 09:05 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default May 2019 Daily Thread

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit!

Had to get us started on the right foot this month. I am hoping to continue the trend of downward movement and upward movement in health. I ended April the same way I started which is good because after surgery I gained weight and was able to get it off this past week. My focus will be on continued op eating and adding more movement. Got my referral for PT so need to call and schedule that. On weather note, we are having a rainy week with no end in sight.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Happy May 1st Chicks!
I am finally feeling much better. Thank you for the wishes sent. I used to brag I never had the flu, not sure that's what it was, but it did kick my behind most of a week. Flu shot is on my list next doc visit.
I lost 4#s as well, not sure it will stay. I started back op yesterday, cautiously, going light on meat, dairy & vegs, which doesn't leave much...lol. Want to keep my appetite in check before it has a chance to remember all those recent carbs.
Checking my Loseit app, I realized I'm only 14#s from my original goal weight set 4yo. It was all up & down until almost a year ago, when I found all ya'll. I get teary thinking how close that is...woohoo!!
Thanks for kicking off May, Pearlrose. Are you looking forward to the PT?
Beth, that's great you have co-workers for support. My SIL follows WW. I've noticed his choices more & more inline w SB. Getting the most bang for his points I think. I've read some posts on threads here about combining the best of both.
Lexxiss, I'm looking forward to your updates.
Here's to a marvelous May for all of us✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 12:49 PM   #3  

Good afternoon,

Still rainy here, I need the sun go to come out already. I am ready to start working on some outside projects, as long as I don't have to get on my knees should be good and just take breaks if standing. I am still op but obviously weight has slowed down to nothing since this is second week but hoping for a swoosh next week.

Cenari I am not looking forward to PT but hopefully that it will help increase flexibility and decrease pain. Didn't work last time but that was pre surgery. Way to go with weight loss hopefully lbs will stay gone.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-04-2019, 09:49 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks.
Rainy and dreary here today. I think I will do inside chores since there's always laundry and cleaning to do on the weekend! Tomorrow looks to be better weather so I will try to get outside then. Not much going on here. Work is going fine; May is the last full month of school so countdown mode is starting.
(Food has been off plan and my weight is stuck so I'm just skipping over the whole diet thing this morning.)

Pearlrose, here's hoping the PT helps with your mobility and pain. Great job staying OP.
Cenari, what a great milestone! Hope you are having a good day.
Debbie, enjoying your trip?

Guess I'll top off my coffee and figure out what's next. Have a good day!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:50 AM   #5  

Good morning chicks!
We had some serious downpours & winds over the weekend. A leak we thought was fixed showed up again...Grrr. It's such a pain to deal with repairs. Fortunately, our builders are great & haven't charged us for any yet.
My weight's stayed down & appetite's under control. My energy could be better, I still wear out easy. I really need to clean the house. We're leaving Fri for OH & bringing my Mom back for a visit next week. I'll probably be scrambling Thurs to get everything done...lol. DH is getting some teeth pulled this afternoon, so I won't have to plan much for dinner the next few days...salads for me!
Pearlrose, I hope your PT goes well. Any job news?
Beth, summer is just around the corner.
Have a great week all✌
Old 05-06-2019, 02:25 PM   #6  

Good afternoon,

We have been rain free for a couple of days but its coming back for several days not good when the rivers are all overflowing. Feel so bad for the towns by the river. Still op and trying to get more walking in as I can. I did get a few minor outdoor projects done this weekend. No news on the job front.

Beth we are definitely in the countdown for school, DD2 last day is May 22.

Cenari I don't start PT until Thursday of this week, didn't work out with my work schedule to go in any earlier, but I continue to do my exercises on my own which is helping. That stinks finding a roof needs a repair but good to find while they still need to fix.

Debbie hope everything is going well.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:08 AM   #7  

Good morning,

Quiet in here, still doing good, rain is finally taking a break for a few days so stuff can dry out. Going into work this afternoon and then going to see New Kids on the Block concert tonight with DH and DD1 and her finance. Heard the new VP should be starting in June so should find out what they are going to do about the position, did find out one of the 2 other that is going for it. Food wise still op the scale went down 1 lb so that is positive direction.

Have a great day everyone
Old 05-08-2019, 07:56 PM   #8  

Hey Pearlrose (and everyone else!).
We had a nice spring day today. I spent a bit of time puttering in the yard after work today. The next couple of days look to be rainy. DH is going to have to break out the mower soon!
Food has not been good; it seems there is too much of it and all the wrong kind. I console myself with the fact that even on my poor eating days now I think I eat better than before SB. I always make veggies a priority and at least am aware of the sugar and bad carbs.

Pearlrose, hope you have a nice time at the concert. It sounds fun. I think we are going to take a quick trip to visit my parents this weekend for Mother's Day since we didn't see them over Easter. DD must be excited for the school year to end; in NY we go right through the bulk of June.

Have a good day.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:47 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Nuzzmark, I am so sorry to hear about your kitty! For me, one of the hardest things is losing a pet but I have never had that happen unexpectedly. We have always known. Sending hugs.

well sorry, this is the longest I have been am I a. As always, I still keep my food plan at the top of my list. What a great trip to Alaska got back a week ago then jump right back into the proverbial fire. While we were in Alaska I have a conference call with nephews and sister and my brother significant other. SO says my brother is not doing well and that this could be the beginning of the end. It’s really weird because he sounds fine on the phone and my sister and nephew were down there in March and he seemed all right. He’s super tired because of chemo but ...... anyway, I leave a week from Monday to go spend six days with him well as the work is out of state. Then come back and have a four day turnaround until Kurt goes to Alaska for a month. Last year my yard went to heck with all the traveling, in fact it never really got started. I’m trying to think ahead and acknowledge that I am probably going to be traveling to my brothers this summer so plan ahead and get things done as much as I can now. We got snow last night and I am can’t work in the yard today so I am going to enjoy a cup of coffee then head to the laundromat to do a couple of repairs before we open.

i’ve been writing down my food every day. Also my weight. Still doing OK. It would be ideal if I planned ahead and I stuck with it and sometimes I do. Other times I just log what I ate for the day. I still haven’t had a donut or pastries since December 21. That’s a big accomplishment for me. Also, since December 21 I have brought my lunch to work every day. That is also significant It’s the old motto never give up. Love you all!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:52 AM   #10  

Good morning,

Nuzzmark sorry to hear about your kitty, I still miss my kitty that got run over last year even though we got a new one, still isn't the same. Well my knees are tired today did 5 miles of walking yesterday, today is PT assessment as well. Food wasn't too great for dinner but scale didn't go up so that is good so back to it today. Concert was good.

Beth we got rain again last night, enjoy your trip. We are going to Chicago this weekend and will see my niece who lives up there.

Debbie sounds like you have a lot of traveling coming up. Glad you are getting to go see your brother.

Old 05-12-2019, 11:33 AM   #11  

Happy Mother's Day to all. Hope you are enjoying your day. (mine is going to be off plan but tomorrow I will be back on the wagon!)
Old 05-13-2019, 05:55 PM   #12  

Good evening,

Hope everyone had a great Mother's day, we went to Chicago for the day and came home today. Had a great time. Not op eating but will get back on track tomorrow.

Have a great evening.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:24 AM   #13  

Good morning chicks!
Once again, I see we're all on the run it seems.
We'll be back on the road home Thurs. Then, taking Mom to see her newest great-grandson Sun for a few days. Eating has def been off, but very limited portions. Appetite's still in check thankfully. No idea about weight tho, but I usually feel bloated when I gain & haven't. I'll find out Fri at home.
We're finally getting sunshine here after rain & cold. I'm off to enjoy.
More later.
Have a terrific Tuesday all✌
Old 05-14-2019, 10:41 AM   #14  

Good morning,

So far I am back on track lol for eating, scale is up a couple of lbs but will work that off in next couple of days. We are home for a couple of weeks and then going to Texas the first week of June. I have PT appt today. I am happy to report even though I was slow and stiff legged a bit I did manage to walk 7 miles in Chicago and it was manageable no major pain and no limping, so progress is being meet. The worse part is sitting in the car for the same position my knee doesn't like that and had to ice last night for swelling.

Cenari enjoy your grandbabies.

Beth you on the downstretch for school, DD2 only has a about one week and half of school left.

Debbie when do you leave to see your brother?

Nuzzmark

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:05 PM   #15  

Hello everyone!
Finally getting back to post!
Ceneri, hope you are feeling much better. The flu isn't fun. Luckily, I haven't had it....yet. I always feel like I have to say "yet"! Enjoy your trip with your Mom to see her new great grandson!
Pearlrose, hope your PT goes well. Just try to keep up the exercises at home, too.
Hi Beth!
Hi Lexxiss! I see you're in Colorado. One of our grandsons just got to Colorado today for his internship for golf management! I think he's going to be in Littleton for 7 months. Then he graduates from Coastal Carolina in December. His brother just graduated from University of Tampa. I went with my DS & D-i-L Friday & got home Sunday afternoon. It was amazing. So hard to believe 4 years flew by. Their sister has to do student teaching still & will also graduate in December from Temple University in Philadelphia. They're triplets. I'm trying to figure out how we're going to be at 2 places at the same time in December. Hopefully, the graduations will be a week apart.
The weather here has been horrible. It was 41 & rainy all day. The forecast doesn't look promising either. It seems like we go right from winter to summer lately. Maybe 1 week of what could be considered spring. And that wasn't even a full week of temps in the 60's. It was like 1 day a week. It doesn't help arthritis!
Hope this is a good week for everyone~~~
(((HUGS)))
Clara
nuzzmark is offline   Reply With Quote