South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 05:12 PM   #1  

Default ahhhh

i am really going to have to start over...i had 3 bites of brocolli rice casserole today and 2 pringles...i was at work today and my friend sheila said that i was making progress in my life anyway..she asked me how many pringles or bites of casserole would i of had before i started the sbd and i told her probably the whole thing...so i am actually drastically cutting my carbs so maybe it will help me lose a little...i wish i had the will power to completely be strict on the 1st phase..i guess tomorrow is another day and will have to try harder...thanks to everyone who welcomed me...
Old 09-10-2003, 05:41 PM   #2  
GARDENING ADDICT

Kiki~~Don't beat yourself up about it. 2 pringles are MUCH better than a whole bag of them, so you are making progress. For some people, having a few bites of a non-allowed food gives their brain the "go ahead" to pig out. That's where the danger lies.

Believe it or not, eventually you won't even need those 2 chips. Hang in there and just make the best choices that you can.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:43 PM   #3  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Kiki, you might want to consider starting over! I believe that when we "punish" ourselves by restarting Phase 1 again and again we only make things harder in the long run.

Every little slip isn't cause to start over, in my opinion. Now if you are having problems staying OP AT ALL, that is different. Then maybe it is time to take a hard look at WHY it is so hard? I think for some of us (me, definately!) it gets to be like the movie "Ground Hog Day," and we keep repeating the same stuff over and over, including our mistakes. Sometimes the mental part of weight loss is the hardest part!

Your friend is right on the money. You have to try and see success where you can...that will give you motivation to continue, and even to improve where you are able to!
Old 09-10-2003, 09:46 PM   #4  

thank you for those messages...i have done pretty well since dinner...today was the first day i have weighed myself and i think i am going to wait until next week to do the next one...well thanks again
Old 09-10-2003, 11:39 PM   #5  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hi, Kiki.....

Very wise choice to weigh only on a weekly basis. Changing your eating habits should be your main focus, and not the scale. Although we all want to lose weight, sometimes if we weigh too many times, it messes with your attitude...at least that is what I have found.

Change is a slow process, but it is all worth the effort.
Glad you're here. Post often.

Talk soon....~Sharon
Old 09-11-2003, 02:28 PM   #6  

hey Kiki! I've heard that every b.l.t. (bite, lick and taste) counts in some diets... this is more of a way of life and if you beat yourself up, you won't feel good about you. I understand because I still get upset about the weight I've gained back instead of being proud of the weight I've kept off! Also, don't wait until tomorrow...if you fall off the horse your riding, get right back on immediately! Good luck and remind me this stuff when I need it please!!!

Be proud of yourself for doing as best as you can at the moment!

Last edited by J&LMOM; 09-11-2003 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:32 PM   #7  

Today as been a good day...i almost felt like i was cheating as good as my salad was but i wasnt...does anyone know the legal salad dressings? i know they say you can make your own or have 2 tbs of prepared dressing but i wasnt sure if that meant all prepared dressings...let me know...hope everyone is having a good day on the beach.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:01 PM   #8  
In Control: E+R=O

Kiki, look for salad dressings that have less than 3 grams of carb per serving. You'll be amazed by how many there are out there (at least I was, but to be honest it doesn't take much to amaze me! )
Old 09-12-2003, 09:50 PM   #9  

Kiki,

Kraft Lite Done Right is "legal" and pretty good ...

A few chips or a bite of this or that will not hurt you as long as it doesn't happen every day ... like Franny said maybe it isn't best to punish yourself for such a small slip ... see what happens over the next few days ...
Closed Thread