South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-16-2019, 02:18 PM   #16  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Busy weekend, DD1 dress fitting turned out not to be last one, so I will not be able to make the last one as I work during the day hopefully it will turn out, it starting to look beautiful. They have to cut off about 4 to 5 inches off dress she is only 5'4". DD2 has homecoming on September 28th and then we leave Oct 3rd for the Wedding, it will all be here before we know it. Eating wasn't op yesterday so I am back to it today.

Cenari I have switched from LoseIt app to My Fitness Pal since my daughter and my boss are both using supposed to encourage each other but I mainly just track my own stuff lol, but it gives you macros and nutrition so interesting to see. I am sure it is fun watching your house go up.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!
Pearlrose, I'm sure your DD will be stunning & the dress will be perfect. How about yours? Do you love it? My most recent wedding advice to others is make sure someone's on the photographer. Someone who knows what your daughter wants & has no other tasks that day(not you or moh). We were somewhat disappointed with results of my DD's 2yo. We assumed he knew as a professional the obvious shots, but he missed some important moments & let some others direct to shots they wanted. Another couple seriously got an engagement photo op that day, my DD never knew until proofs & was furious, because of other shots missed. Who would have thought? Enough of us convinced her there were still many beautiful photos & the day was amazing. Remind your DD to take it all in, try not to stress details(leave that to others) & enjoy her day.
I'm finding the SB app great for planning & still using LoseIt to log. I was planning on my tablet, now I have both on my phone. I've heard good things about FitnessPal too.
Another beautiful day here, hope you all have a great one✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 05:02 PM   #18  

Good afternoon,

Just about done with work so thought I would pop in. The scale went down another lb so was happy to see that. Crazy week at work so far but that's okay makes it go by quicker.

Cenari, we have a wedding planner for the St. Thomas portion so that has been pretty easy, there will be a videographer there as well. The wedding party attending is no groomsmen or bridesmaids just basically immediate family of both. We are just doing dinner at the resort we are staying at after. The reception is the following week back home and that is where all of my family and BFF are coming in for. that is more hectic trying to figure out who needs to be picked up airport and how to get everyone there, 1 1/2 hours away from my house and the main airport. There will be a photographer there as well. We just need to come up with decorations, we have food and venue already taken care of.

We are still in the 90s here but it is beautiful, I am not going to complain at all.

Have a great evening everyone
Old 09-19-2019, 10:33 AM   #19  

Good morning chicks!
After a week with the meal plan I have not dropped a pound! Can you believe it? I had an initial 4# drop after 4 days on my own, then nothing. I'll admit I haven't been following to their exact specs, but not that far off. I've been using the SB meals for 1-2 meals & snacks a day & DIY the rest, but within plan (mostly). I did have wine over the weekend & cut back on other calories when I did.
I have yet to get a support reply from my email inquiry a week ago & I have no interest in calling to get a further sales pitch. I figured out most my questions by now anyway, between package info & the app.
So, my overall take, I don't regret it, but wouldn't get it again or recommend to others for the cost.
The food provided is easy, tasty & filling, except the shakes. But those are the ph1/keto shakes, ph2 might be better. And, I'm glad I got turned on to the app. It's great for planning by phase.
I'm sticking to it through today & moving on to 1.5-2. I do know the weight loss will come.
Pearlrose, the wedding plans sound very exciting. Looks like it's been just you & me this week.
Hope everyone's doing well✌
Old 09-20-2019, 12:55 PM   #20  

Good morning,

So glad it's Friday been a long week. DH and I went out to dinner at Red Lobster last night, I had the cheddar biscuits knew I should have said no to letting them stay on the table lol. Back to it today.

Cenari I think from hearing your opinions I will stick to making my own food.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 09-20-2019, 05:58 PM   #21  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks.
Guess I haven't posted this week; not sure what kept me so busy. I've been doing a lot of puttering in the gardens; things are really dying back and we had a week of beautiful weather so I have been cutting stuff down and doing a little weeding as well. Food has been mostly OP but my weight has not budged this week. I'll keep with it...

Cenari, I think cooking my own food is best, although sometimes a shake or bar might make a good snack. Thanks for being our guinea pig. I use the MyFitnessPal app, and have for a few years but I may check out the SB one.
Pearlrose, sounds like lots of exciting plans going on, between Homecoming and the wedding. I hear you on those cheddar biscuits, they are my undoing as well.

Have a good evening!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:27 AM   #22  

Good morning chicks!
I just got back from the farmers mkt & broke into phase2 with half a small crispy apple...luscious! I also had a sip of dh's cider & bite of cinnamon roll. Thankfully, they were just ok...lol. Next thing past these lips will def be a LP...as I'm eyeing a hb egg.
I remember those cheddar biscuits! I haven't been to a RL in years & would not trust myself around the biscuits or any bread basket, especially a crusty kind w dipping oil!
I have to follow up my last post. I did receive a very thorough email response from SB support, including some helpful attachments. And, my weight finally dropped 2#s. So, I'm down 6 after 1.5 weeks on ph1 & just below summer low where I stalled.
I agree DIY is best for most of us, but I think I have a better understanding of the plan overall & like it even better.
Have a beautiful weekend all✌
Old 09-23-2019, 11:36 AM   #23  

Good morning,

Busy weekend, did my grocery shopping yesterday. This week is pretty busy, DD2 has homecoming activities with the dance being on Saturday. DD1 sold their house and have put in a bid for another house that is two towns closer to us. They won't close til after all the wedding stuff is done. Just trying to stay op as I can, planning on bringing my lunch in this week for the days I have to go in.

Beth I am starting to enjoy the fall weather that started this week, we are still going to be in the 80s but you can tell it is coming and it looks like fall in my front yard with the leaves falling from the tree.

Cenari good job losing a couple of lbs, glad you finally received a response.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-27-2019, 08:49 AM   #24  

Good morning,

Quick check in since I have posted in a few days, still op weight has been steady for a few weeks so hopefully will go down soon. Tonight kicks off Homecoming game and then tomorrow is Homecoming dance so getting DD2 nails and hair done tomorrow and then pictures. DD1 is coming tonight and we will go look for decorations for the reception tables on Saturday after every thing else is done. Less than a week until we leave for the wedding. We also went and put in an application for a rescue dog last night, it is a white husky/shepard mix 3 years, very beautiful and big but mild. We won't pick him up until we get back from the wedding.

Have a great weekend everyone
Old 09-27-2019, 10:25 AM   #25  

Good morning chicks!
Transitioning to ph2 has been fairly easy. I'm not up to full GCs yet & keeping fruit to 1 or less a day. It's nice knowing I can have more, but weight's stalled again as expected. I really need up my activity more regularly. That's a good Oct goal to work around more travel ahead.
Sadly, I'll be flying back to Oh next week for a cousin's funeral. He was my age & lost a brief battle with pancreatic cancer. His younger brother died 2mos ago after a short illness too. Both were in their 50s. Needless to say, my aunt & family are devastated.
I'll be returning to DDs after that for DGD 1yr bday. DH will meet me there. Then DD & kids are coming to stay for a few days.
The following week we're traveling for a little anniv vacation in Savannah. I'll get lots of walking in there.
Hopefully, I won't stray way off plan this time. Another Oct goal to set. Just realized I need a plan & will get on that.
Pearlrose, sounds like lots of fun coming your way. Hope all goes especially smooth. Congratulations on the new dog you'll be getting too. He sounds like a sweetie.
Hi to Beth & Lexxiss!! Hope all is well, you are both missed.
Have a fun Friday all✌
Old 09-30-2019, 07:57 PM   #26  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks.
Couldn't let the month wrap up without checking in. We spent the last 4 days vising DS2: he moved at the beginning of the month so DH and took a few items for his apartment down and also took him early birthday shopping. I was pleased that even after 4 days on the road my weight was up less than a pound this morning (I planned ahead and took SB snacks. What a difference it makes!)

Pearlrose, sounds like an exciting and busy time for you!
Cenari, sorry to hear about your cousin. It is good you could go to the services and also that you have some happy travel planned afterwards.

Our weather is going to be lousy the next few days. Hope we do not have an ugly October! I'd like to get out and appreciate the colors of fall.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote