South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-01-2019, 05:47 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default September 2019 South Beach Daily Thread

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit!

Here's to the start of a new month and new possibilities.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 05:51 AM   #2  

Good morning,

Super early but woke up and had to let dog out so figured I would start us up for the new month while I remembered to do so. I am going to start Phase 1 again as processed foods are starting to creep their way in again, this is the last month before DD1 wedding so I want to commit to healthy eating this month. Job position is secured so can check that off (see August thread). My knee doc called and my insurance won't pay for the new shot for my knee so options are paying full price at pharmacy or they gave me a link to a Canadian pharmacy that is cheaper, weighing options as knee is slowly getting better taking the new supplement but still taking low dose of motrin/tylenol so want to see if I can wean off that without pain.

Friday night helped DS and GF paint their new house, two rooms they wanted to paint and then yesterday we helped with moving them from old apartment to new apartment.

Have a wonderful Labor day weekend.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:29 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning chicks.
We had a few busy days here with DS1 coming home to visit. We had a good time and I was able to limit my splurges and make thoughtful choices. Weight is holding steady so I am happy with that.
Yesterday was full of chores like laundry and grocery shopping but today it is rainy and I am taking it easy. The forecast is full of cooler weather, it may be an early fall this year. I don't mind as long as it is sunny and cool.
Pearlrose, thanks for starting us up. It's nice the job question has been settled, hope you can get some relief with the knee soon. Getting older stinks.

Have a good day everyone.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:37 PM   #4  

Good afternoon,

Busy days going into work each day, come December I should be able to start doing a bit more wfh again. Found out I am going to India for a week in November to assist with training, thank goodness this is after my DD1 wedding. I let the doctor know I do not wish to pay out of pocket for a shot, the shot is $500. I will just keep to cortisone shots for now, the supplement I have been taken has helped, just not able to exercise other than my strength exercises and using weights. Food has been op again for 3 days going to keep trying to stay op until the wedding.

Beth when do you start up school again? Glad you were able to visit with DS

to everyone else.

Have a great evening
Old 09-07-2019, 07:49 PM   #5  

Hey chicks.
Very rainy and cool today; yuck. I don't want to admit that it might be a foreshadowing of what is to come. Made the best of it and did some organizing in the kitchen and also did an inside workout.
Food is mostly good. I hit a new low for the summer today but the weight is coming off VERY slowly. Perhaps that is the right way to do it? Life style not diet.

Hope all is well with the rest of the chicks.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks🙋*♀️
Is it really Sept 8?!?
I got so far off the past week plus, I don't know what to say, other than back to phase 1 tomorrow. I'm truly looking forward to it. We're home the rest of the month, so no excuses.
We did get evacuated from the coast Wed, which was only a day earlier than we were leaving. It was kind of exciting watching the prep. The day before was beautiful, the calm before I guess. It was quiet after Labor Day with mostly just the locals around & many stayed despite the mandatory orders to leave. Thankfully, the area was spared.
We spent a couple more days at DDs on the way back.
I changed phones recently (DDs old one was an upgrade for me) & am still figuring out the new one, including finding my way back here...lol. I haven't quite completely let go of my old one with just a wifi access.
Pearlrose, I'm so glad you finally got the job & can settle in now. A trip to India though??? Wow, that is exciting. You have a lot to look forward to.
Beth, congrats on the new low! I absolutely agree with the lifestyle vs strict diet and slow & steady is what sticks.
Lexxiss, I saw you posted recently & are as busy as ever.
Hope any & all others are doing well too.
Have a lovely Sunday everyone✌
Ps..I ordered the SB 1week Reboot meal plan to force me back. I'm pretty excited, haven't tried the packaged plans before. Have any of you?

Last edited by Ceneri; 09-08-2019 at 01:35 PM.
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 06:49 PM   #7  

Good evening,

The weekend flew by, yesterday we went to an airshow and then watched DD2 in parade. Had off plan dinner but back on track today, I didn't get on the scale today as I didn't want it to detrack me. Another busy week getting ready to kick off. My knee doc goes on maternity leave on Thursday so going to try and get in either Tuesday or Wednesday and get cortisone shots, with all the traveling coming up don't want them bothering me and would like to be off motrin/tylenol for a while as well. This time I won't try to over exercise and hopefully shots will last a while.

Beth I am not ready for winter but we will be in the 90s this week. Congrats on hitting a new low for the summer, hope to be there with you in a few months.

Ceneri, didn't the summer fly by, its crazy. I don't think any of us have tried the prepacked plans you will have to let me know how they are, I am so picky of an eater I prefer making my own.

to Debbie

Have a wonderful week
Old 09-10-2019, 10:52 AM   #8  

Good morning chicks!
Day 1 back to phase 1 went well yesterday. Weight's already moving down, all water as I'm def on the potty more than I'm drinking. I was up 3 times during the night compared to usual once. A little foggy headed this morning too, which I get 1st couple days. All good signs that will pass.
I'm getting impatient with no word on my SB meal plan order than a confirmation email, it hasn't been processed shipped. Amazon has me spoiled I guess. I may not need it anymore by the time it arrives, but will use the parts of it I'm sure. I do like the protein shakes & bars.
I'll let you know how the rest is IF I EVER GET IT. (Might be a little irritable too...lol)
Have a great day all✌
Old 09-10-2019, 06:14 PM   #9  

Good evening,

I got into the doc today so got a shot in both knees hoping they will last for a few months. Doc said I could get every 3 months. Everything else is going well, got my evisa for trip and have scheduled a visit for shots for the trip.

Ceneri- I kinda of like when I have to go more than I drink as I know that means I letting go of some water weight lol. They should have expedited shipping, I agree I am spoiled by Amazon too.

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 09-12-2019, 08:56 AM   #10  

Good morning chicks!
Got past day 3 of phase 1& doing good. Weight & appetite already down, which is always motivating. I got the shipping confirmation & should get the meal plan today. I'm excited to keep this momentum going.
Pearlrose, I hope the shots work for you. Is it cortisone?
We've had warm days & cool nights w threats of rain that hasn't come yet. The builders started framing work & it's moving along quickly. We're meeting today for some exterior choices. It's fun so far.
Have a great day all✌
Old 09-13-2019, 07:50 AM   #11  

Good morning!
Happy Friday chicks!! It's a good one, the 13th & full moon. My foggy head has cleared & I'm up watching a beautiful mountain sunrise.
I received the SB meal pkg with mixed feelings so far. I only tried a shake & bar yesterday. I'll do the meals today. The bar was ok, shake not so much. I like Adkins or Premieres better & now I know the nutrition content is very comparable. I knew I'd have to add to meals, especially fresh vegs, but was surprised how much. A frozen breakfast still needs a LP added!
That's my take so far. I've been a little frustrated w online info too. It's hard to sort the old & new, and most just takes you back to pushing the meal plans it seems.
Did I mention I tend to overthink & complicate sometimes...lol? Reminding myself...KISS!!
Have a beautiful day all✌
Old 09-13-2019, 02:05 PM   #12  

Good afternoon chicks.
Guess i haven't posted for a few days. Sometimes I read your posts on my phone but wait to reply until I am at my computer.
Cenari, glad you are getting back on track. And thank you for trying the meals for us lol. It is interesting to hear your evaluation of whether they are worth the cost. I get where the convenience might be a factor for some people but eating real food that I cook is nice too;that way I always know what I put in it. The house project sounds exciting!
Pearlrose, glad you got the shots and hope the knee is feeling a bit better. When do you take your big trip?

Things are good here. We were very close to a frost last night but it seems my last few tomato and cucumber plants survived. Any day now I will have lots of brussel sprouts to pick. I love to roast them with olive oil (although DH doesn't like them prepared that way). Did I mention that I didn't go back to school this year? I officially hung up my teacher hat in June and am now in the land of the retired. So far outdoor work is keeping me busy.

I need to hope over to the recipe section. I tried growing eggplants for the first time this year and today I actually picked one.
Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Beth19; 09-13-2019 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:46 PM   #13  

Good afternoon,

Went into work this morning and finishing up the week at home. Next week so far only have to go in for one day, I will take it. The two cortisone shots haven't taken all the way yet but she said about a week before I should feel full effect, trying not to take any tylenol or motrin. Busy time of the year for me. This weekend DH and the older kids are going to a concert tomorrow night, figured we would all to dinner out as well. Sunday is last dress fitting before the wedding.

Cenari the house project sounds like fun. I have been tackling a small area each day (atleast trying each day) and trying to declutter. It's slowly coming along. Insurance wouldn't pay for the hyralonic gel so got cortisone that they will. Sounds like the meal plan is not so good, I think I will stick to making my own stuff.

Beth I must have missed your retirement message that is awesome news for you!!! I still have 9 years to go before I can hang up my hat. We are far from any frost here, still in the 90s finally down tomorrow back into the 80s, but it will be here before we know it.

Have a great weekend
Old 09-14-2019, 01:56 PM   #14  

Hi chicks!
Beth, I didn't realize you retired either. Congratulations! All the firsts can be a little weird adjusting, but I love the freedom. Is your dh retired?
Pearlrose, I hope more days wfh help your knees. When's the big wedding?
So far, the SB meals I've had are very good & surprisingly filling. The chili was delicious. Keep in mind I like about everything & esp love taco bell...lol. I do think you could just as easily get similar convenience foods in the grocery for a better price. I like that it's giving me ideas & a better understanding of the plan. I don't usually think of HFs for a snack, but that's what the menu said. After looking at choices & portions, I had a T ea of peanut butter & sunflower seeds on celery...so good! I can't imagine finding space for a month of meals at a time like the phase 2 plans provide.
We picked doors & windows for the house & the frame went up Fri. We can see the cutouts of our choices, which is cool. We made some changes to the original builder plan that they approved of & even offered suggestions. They'll be adding some wider accessible doors & such for little or no added cost. They'll frame & have hookups for a generator in the crawl too!
Have a wonderful weekend all✌

Last edited by Ceneri; 09-14-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:02 AM   #15  

Good morning chicks!
Quick check in this morning, just had to share. I finally downloaded the SB app. It looks amazing! I was hesitant because of mixed reviews I read. This morning planning for next few days, I thought an app for this would be cool, I should check it out. So far, really glad I did.
Have a beautiful Sunday✌