South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-11-2019, 07:17 PM   #16  

Hello all!
Ceneri,
I didn't do the package meals. I went by the SBD book for foods. Tried searching the internet & it mostly came up at the SBD site so you could buy the meals. Very frustrating!! That's why I was thrilled when I found this group. I told my friend about it since she just started the SBD. She said she's been losing just about a pound a day!
I just bought Dr. David Ludwig's 2 books, Always Hungry & Always Delicious, which his wife & he wrote. It's the SBD, but slightly different in what you can eat. Same 3 phases, just different foods. The recipes look really good. It's a good thing I love to cook or we'd be in big trouble!
Pearlrose! Congratulations for your DD2 getting that award!! Of course you are proud as well you should be!! Being new here, I don't know about the surgery you are having. Whatever it is, the best of luck!
Hopefully here in MA we are done with snow. That's a 4 letter word I don't like to use. Our winter wasn't actually that bad. It got really cold & snow came later in the winter. When it did, it never lasted more that 2-3 days. I can handle that!
Hope everyone has a great night~~~~
nuzzmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:07 PM   #17  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!

welcome, nuzzmark! Glad you are joining us!

Rose, thinking of you today!

Beth and ceneri!

I’m in Denver just got my hair trimmed. Waiting for it to dry. She’s doing something new with my curls. Getting grayer but don’t miss the whole coloring protocol and it’s notorious looking too bad. I have a few chores down here then back home to accomplish a few things. We leave a week from Sunday and Kirk ha yet another dental appointment next Wednesday. It’s going to be a whirlwind week. Food doing good. I’m being very mindful.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:15 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chicks!
Your hair sounds cute, Lexxiss. I let my gray grow out 2yo & never looked back. I love it & get frequent compliments! It's longer than I've had in a long time, but no more chemicals & very few salon visits. I went from every 6-8wks to twice a year. My long time stylist & friend & I were both moving to other states, so it was time.
Pearlrose, my fingers are crossed for you today too.
Congrats on your daughter's accomplishments!
Hi Beth! Do you get some Spring break time off?
Nuzzmark, I know what you mean about the official SB site. I'm not a fan of packaged meals, except rarely. I do like the Adkins shakes & froz pizzas, and am always trying different protein bars. This link has a lot of good info too.
https://palm.southbeachdiet.com/south-beach-living/
Taxes are done, filed & paid. Always a relief. We'll be going out to eat sometime this weekend to celebrate. My weight is still stubbornly stuck. I'll get more serious after Easter.
Have a great weekend all✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:08 AM   #19  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Surgery went well yesterday, now I am icing and taking med's finger crossed that pain will be greatly reduced and I can start walking again. I went into work on Thursday so I went by my VP office to see if he was in and he was so I just asked if he had made a decision and he said he had been out of town to give him til middle of next week. At least, I am still in the running. Just taking it easy for the next few days. DH second cousin that was more like an aunt to him passed away so he is going to Texas for her funeral, he is leaving on Monday so I am not quite ready for a 12 hour drive in the car just yet. DD1 is coming over today for a bit so I am going to have her change my dressing, perks of having a nurse for a daughter. lol

Debbie I am starting to think I want to let my hair go gray instead of coloring as well, just not there yet, I said maybe when I turn 60 but can't imagine dying hair for another 6 years, we will see. Hope you like the new haircut

Nuzzmark I had a meniscus tear in my knee, plus stress facture and arthritis. Been dealing with this last October so hopefully surgery will offer some relief of pain when walking. I think all of us just eat foods and don't order prepackage foods, I personally think it is healthier that way.

Cenari my weigh is stuck too going to have get better at sticking to op foods.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:56 PM   #20  

Hello there!
It's finally warm here in MA! It's 74 degrees & I am loving it! I guess the temps won't go below 50, at least I hope they don't! I've been doing some cleaning & trying to get rid of stuff I don't need. I always give bags clothes to the Big Brother Big Sister Foundation. There's other things that can't really go in the bags. I love doing crafts & I could open my own store with all the scrapbooking things I have. Whatever I do, I jump right in and buy everything & more. Very bad habit. Then I get burnt out & don't want to look at it for a while. The same with jewelry making. It's all packed in the basement. I think I'm going to bring the jewelry I made to a consignment shop in town. It's better than just sitting here!
Ceneri, I have been to the Palm SBD site. It's really good. I made the Cauliflower Margherita Pizza & it was so good! DH loved it. I doubled the recipe so we could share it. Thanks for telling me, tho'.
Pearlrose, so glad your surgery went well. Did you have a knee replacement or just surgery to fix the tear? On March 29 of last year, I fell in my basement. Stupid fall. I was walking backwards & tripped on a small board covering a drain hole. My foot got caught in the drain, but not completely. Thank God my husband was down there too. I tried to get up, but the pain in my knee was awful. I ended up going up the cellar stairs on my butt. Next morning, we went to the emergency room & after an ex-ray, they said it was a Tibial Plateau Fracture. It's when the knee tries to bend sideways to the inner part of your leg. Thank God it wasn't really bad. I didn't need surgery, but had to be off that foot for 6 weeks. I thought I'd go nuts!! When you're used to doing everything, then told you can't....I was not a happy camper. To top it off, Easter was April 1st & I was having my family over. DD & DD-I L came over & did stuff. My knee still hurts every now & then. Especially sleeping. This getting older crap isn't fun!!
Hi Lexxiss!Nice to meet you!
Sorry for the long post.
Hope everyone has a great evening~~
Old 04-14-2019, 08:28 AM   #21  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning chicks.
Yesterday was a beautiful spring day here; DH and I took a walk and then spent some time raking and picking up branches in the yard. We have a poplar that constantly sheds; in the fall we talked to a guy about cutting it down but I guess we are still "on his list". The next few days are going to be rainy so I wanted to be outside. My daffodils are sprouted and I am looking forward to seeing some flowers!
This week is my spring vacation. I've got a hair appointment and annual car inspection settled, plus we are going to visit DS2 for a bit. I had hoped to make a quick visit to see my parents as well but that will probably get put off for a different weekend.

Debbie and Pearlrose, I'm glad I never got sucked into the cycle of dying my hair. I think being blond the grey isn't as visible. I have gotten addicted to perms the last few years since it is so easy after years of blow-drying and straightening. I think this week I may have her go with bigger rollers though, so the result is more wave than curl.

Since this IS a diet site I will say my food has been so-so and my weight is hanging steady. I need to re-visit the recipe section and make sure I cook while I have a little extra time this week rather than "celebrate" the holiday.
Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Beth19; 04-14-2019 at 08:30 AM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:02 PM   #22  

Good afternoon,

I am back at work but working from home. Removed dressing and just have bandages that have to change until post op appt on April 25th. DH went to Texas today for a funeral tomorrow, not up to traveling yet. Thursday DH and I are taking a mini vacation but will take it slow and not much walking for me. Eating has not been good so need to get back on track.

Nuzzmark surgery was for torn meniscus tear been having an issue since I messed it up in October.

Beth we had snow yesterday but it didn't stick should be over the hump now.

Old 04-17-2019, 11:03 AM   #23  

Good morning chicks🙋
It sounds like everyone's getting a little Spring weather their way, finally. We had some nasty weekend storms, now it's sunny & 70s yesterday & today. We went to some walking gardens yesterday, the azaleas & wisteria were gorgeous!
Pearlrose, I hope the worst for your knee is past & your healing goes especially well.
My weight has been bouncing up & down 2#s the past few days. I have to be careful it doesn't stick & get back on track. DH has been a bit annoying, one minute, he's all about pointing out great salads on a menu, the next, he wants to share his dessert...Grrr. Sorry for the whining. He's usually very supportive, but I sometimes wish he'd just mhob with my eating. I'm trying to get my head in a good place before we leave tomorrow, or else I won't be fun to be around. Venting a bit does help.
Hope you all have a wonderful day✌

Last edited by Ceneri; 04-17-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:22 AM   #24  

Good morning,

Getting ready to head out for our mini vacation headed to Gatlinberg today and tomorrow going to Myrtle beach for a couple of days, going to take it easy and not walk much at all. Looks like we are probably going to run into rain. Probably won't post again until Tuesday when we are back.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:09 AM   #25  

Good morning chicks.
My week of vacation is disappearing but I am getting some things done. Got my hair done yesterday and today I have "morning after" perm; I'll wash it and give it a week before I decide if I like it. I know it will relax a bit in a few weeks. I just love the convenience of not blow drying during the warm months. Today I have a dentist appointment to deal with a toothache that showed up in the last few days. Hoping it is nothing serious.
Weight is still down which makes me happy. I have consciously been trying not to overeat this week; it is SOOOO easy to do when I am home all day.

Pearlrose, have a great trip! We are going to see DS2 this weekend and our forecast also calls for rain.
Cenari, dealing with someone who isn't trying to lose is tricky. Sometimes I just go along and then try hard to eat smaller portions. Giving other people advice on their eating is a touchy subject.
Debbie and nuzzmark, hope things are going well.

Have a great day, all!!
Old 04-18-2019, 08:24 PM   #26  

Hi Everyone,
Our trees are showing little green leaves & the dogwood tree are almost in full bloom! Yayyyyy!
Pearlrose, have a wonderful trip! One of our grandsons is graduating this year from Coastal Carolina College. I went with my DS2 & D-I-L to see him his freshman year & we stayed in Myrtle Beach. Beautiful! Hope your knee is healing nicely.
Beth19, lol, I remember when my kids were little & I had dentist appointments, I loved to go.....just to get out of the house! hahahahaha
Cenari, Beth is right. Just eat a little bit & say you're too full to eat anymore. It's hard, I know.
Just wanted to come by & wish everyone a Happy Easter. I have everyone coming over so I'll be busy for the next two days.
Ok...gotta go over the menu AGAIN!
Have a great rest of the night~~
Old 04-19-2019, 09:25 AM   #27  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello!

I just read through everyone's posts. It looks like it will be a quiet weekend around here. I, too, will probably not be around until Monday or Tuesday. I work at the restaurant tomorrow and Sunday then come home put suitcases in car and our friend will drive us to the airport. I'm pretty excited and pretty organized. Just have carry on's to pack. I have to do some organizing with our backpacks today because one of the suitcases is too full.....Kirk is bringing two big pairs of boots and a tent for his geology adventure this summer and I'm bringing my whole two weeks worth of vegetables LOL. I don't go without my smoothie and since we are there a short time I hate wasting half a day going from store to store THEN having to come back and wash everything. I'll bet TSA doesn't see organic cauliflowers every day!

Have a great weekend everyone!

PS BETH I have day after hair every day....oh well.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:11 AM   #28  

Good morning,

We got back last night at 8 p.m.. Knee did pretty well with trip except it did not like sitting in the car for so long. I am still seeing improvement. The weather was bit rainy and cold but we still had a wonderful time and had a great view of the beach. Today we are going to DD1 house to pick up DD2 and our pup so that will be 3 hours round trip. I go back to work on tomorrow. As far as the position I interviewed for.....looks like I will be having to interview again in the near future my VP resigned on Wednesday so he won't be making any decisions and the position reports directly to them. Did I mention work is still crazy lol. I gained 1 lb while gone but have gained a total of 6 lbs since surgery so time to get serious about food and get back on track. My post op is on Thursday to get stitches out and hoping I can start to slowly build up walking.

Beth I used to get perms all the time when I was younger but as I have gotten older my hair is curlier so don't need a perm, just wash and scrunch.

Nuzzmark I am the only one trying to eat healthy in my household, DH is constantly bringing in sweets into the house its a struggle but when I am op, I don't get tempted but when I stray that is a different matter, just try like everyone said smaller portions.

Debbie I hope you had safe travels to Alaska, have fun

Cenari hope everything is going well.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:43 PM   #29  

Evening, chicks.
I am back from visiting DS2 in Boston. We had a good time, even though the weather was not very nice. Food was not OP; I will weigh tomorrow, check out the damage and then get back on the wagon. It's back to work tomorrow but after spring break the end of the year is in sight!

Pearlrose, glad you had a good trip! I'm sorry to hear the job is still up in the air; it is very stressful to have so many changes!
Nuzzmark, DH goes through supportive phases and times when he is a bad influence. I hope to get him back to a semblance of P2 this summer when I am home.
Cenari, enjoy your trip!
Debbie, safe travels.

Got to organize myself for morning. Have a good evening.

Last edited by Beth19; 04-22-2019 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:57 AM   #30  

Good morning!
Easter weekend was lovely & a joy having our 3 youngest grands all together,6wks,6mos&2.5yo. They were so stinking cute in Easter outfits, but picts were a challenge...lol.
Now I'm so ready to get back on track meal planning. I had one last indulgance(ice cream) yesterday after weighing & finding no gain.
We're having beautiful weather this week here. So, I'll be out enjoying walks & hopefully, some planting.
I always enjoy reading your updates & happenings. Hope you chicks all have an especially good day ✌