South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-09-2019, 10:42 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks.
I have been battling a nasty cold this week but today feel I have finally turned the corner. Food has been pretty good (no sugar!) the last few days so I have dropped some water weight. Like you, Pearlrose, now I can actually work on losing for real. I didn't exercise this week but hopefully that is in the cards for next week too.
Not sure what all is on the agenda today but there will probably be chores and errands.
Debbie, I checked on the news on those avalanches. Wow! Hope yesterday was a quiet one for you.

Have a good day, all.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:58 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Weekend passed to quickly and time change always gets me on the Monday after, Still going strong, I did transition to Phase 1.5 to add some fruit in. No sugar going on 6 days now. I have going to try and only weigh once a week so will do that on Friday morning. Trying to keep going and not worry about the number and concentrate on the food. The last shot to my left knee seems to be working this time. I am only using cane to go up and down stairs for extra support and managed to grocery shop yesterday without the scooter. Progress being made.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:59 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 194/186/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks!
Glad to read you're all safe & well.
Pearlrose, I'm not a fan of the time change either even without a work schedule. I'm constantly converting in my head the 'real time' for a few days & just feel off.
Beth, hope you shake that cold soon. There's so much going around. Is it head or chest?
Lexxiss, the avalanches sound like a scary movie. We get mud & rock slides around here that have closed the interstate. Nature always rules.
We got home Sat exhausted. DD & DGS are doing great! He's beautiful w a full head of dark hair. 2.5yo big sis took the meeting better than anyone hoped when they got home. She wasn't allowed at the hospital with the restrictions. I made daily smoothie runs for DD during nap time.
Needless to say, I've been off plan & up another pound. I'm regrouping, yet again, today. I'm going back to Ph1 Wed. DH will be away for a few days, so I'm doing a strict Ph1 while he's gone. I'm determined to get the 3#s I gained off by the eom & back to losing.
Hope everyone has an especially nice day. We're seeing signs of spring here✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:02 AM   #19  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

I 'm actually typing from my computer this morning. It's a nice morning but we have another storm headed our way. We just got back from the Laundromat and we head to Denver in 2 hours to take the new vehicle to Chevy. The battery isn't staying charged and should be under warranty. Lots of chores while the car is in the shop. They are giving us a courtesy vehicle. Food has been good. I join you all in no sugar. The scale is moving down very slowly. I sure seem to be losing inches, though. That's just fine with me.

Ceneri, glad your trip went well. New family sounds like everyone is doing great. Good for you hopping right back on plan. That's the way to do it!

Rose, I'm still getting on the scale everyday. Just a habit and there are worse ones. lol. I'm glad your knee seems to be making progress. I hurt something in my right hip last May. I thought I was on the last step of a ladder and I wasn't....landed funny. I could barely tie a shoe for half the summer but fortunately walking was ok. I JUST noticed while crossing my legs this morning that there is finally very little noticeable pain. Stuff just takes so long to heal.

Beth, I hope you are getting better by the day. I seem to remember getting a cold last Spring. There is still time for me.

OK, I am purging paper in my office and need to head to recycle before our trip. Best keep going.

Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:51 AM   #20  

Good morning,

I think the weather may have finally taken a turn and lowest will be in the high 20's this week, but some days we are climbing in the 50's. Eating is still op, I feel so much better, it's hard not to jump on the scale everyday but I think it is helping stay on track versus getting discouraged when I hop on.

Cenari glad your daughter and gs are doing well. You will get back on track, a few days of Phase 1 always helps.

Debbie I know what you mean about slow healing, my knees started in October and now I can walk, the knees are bit stiff and still hurts to go up and down stairs but it's progress. I won't be walking a 5K any time soon lol. Have fun in denver

Beth hope you are feeling better.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:07 AM   #21  

Hi Chicks!
I'm a little embarrassed at how excited I am to have a few days to myself. I dropped DH at the airport & then shopped for my Ph1 goodies. My plan is locked in for 6 days! I'll spend today prepping some vegs & meals. This is the 1st I've done the new Ph1. After reading up the past few days, I get the combo of LPs, HFs & vegs. But am wondering about the order. Do any of you ever switch it up for snacks? I think I can do without a LP snack after dinner & wouldn't mind more than 1 serving with a meal. I'm probably complicating it. But do want to get the most out of it this go.
Have a great Wed all✌
Old 03-13-2019, 05:39 PM   #22  

Hey chicks.
Thank you for the well wishes. My cold is lingering; it has moved from my head to my chest but it is slowly getting better. After not exercising for almost 2 weeks I went for a short walk today just to get back into it. My food is okay but the scale hasn't really moved yet; I will keep on keeping on and know I will eventually see the drop.

Cenari, I found this guide to eating in the FAQ section:
https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd...meal-plan.html
Personally I think eating the veggies is the critical piece. Enjoy your time without DH.

We are currently having a snow flurry but are starting tomorrow we are in for a warm up. I'm looking forward to the ice on the driveway melting. This is the time of year I'm ready for spring!
Old 03-14-2019, 01:04 AM   #23  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Just checking on to say we survived the pretty intense storm although I’ve experoenced worse. Colorado is pretty much shut down. Things will improve tomorrow. I did leave here early and drove up to the ski area to pick up our order. By the time I got there it was snowing pretty hard so I picked up my employee on the way down We got the order finished and got her home by noon. It snowed a heckuva lot in between then and now. We never got the Highwinds here which was good. About 9 PM the snow stopped so I went out and cleaned both vehicles off and got them unstuck from all the snow that had been plowed. The snow was wet and heavy and it’s going to freeze tonight tomorrow would be an ice cube. Then Kirk and I went down and he cleaned the laundry mat while I shoveled the parking lot. Looks like by the morning we will be Heading towards normal although we had steady business at the laundromat throughout the day. One thing that is not going to improve as a result of the storm is the high avalanche danger. At least we are coming out of winter not going into it. LOL. Take care everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 03-14-2019 at 01:07 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:41 AM   #24  

Good morning chicks!
Beth, thanks for the link. That helps a lot. Take care of yourself. Have you been to the doc?
Lexxiss, more snow & icy roads?!? Yuck! Stay warm & safe. You certainly are getting a lot of exercise.
Pearlrose, have you weighed yet?
Day 1 went well. I did get hungry after dinner & had half a chicken sausage that satisfied. Not my usual evening snack, but nothing else sounded good.
Day 2 or 3 is usually my rough day, but I'm prepared. Yoga class tomorrow will help too.
I'm laying low with these days to myself. Everyone wants to know what I'm doing & ready to pounce with suggestions or offers. I know they mean well & I sound like a crab...did I mention I'm an introvert? Lol
Have great days✌
Old 03-14-2019, 10:00 AM   #25  

Good morning,

So the high winds are header our way around 10 a.m. today luckily not in the 100's but more like 50 to 60 mph gusts, hoping it kind of misses my area, I hate strong winds. We are going into the 60s today but tomorrow high is only 36. Eating has still been op. I did weigh today instead of tomorrow and only lost 1 lb but I guess that is better than nothing and not being up. I think the change of weather is affecting knees again, so took some tylenol and motrin this morning.

Cenari glad your days are going well, I started this morning to incorporate a green drink this morning to get more vegetables in the morning shall see how it goes.

Debbie I was thinking about you after seeing Colorado on the news glad the high winds missed you all

Beth glad to hear that you are getting better. I think we are headed into Spring here not sure we will get any more snow but you never know.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:30 PM   #26  

Good afternoon chicks.
We are having a spring thaw day today It is nice to see the snow melting even if we will be back below freezing after the weekend. I was feeling well enough to do some more exercise this afternoon so that is good. I'm still waiting for the scale to move but my food is much better.
Pearlrose, hope the winds aren't too bad. Sorry to hear your knee is bothering you again.
Cenari, sounds like you have a good plan for getting through these days alone. I find that once I get started back on track the successes build on themselves.
Debbie, what a week you are having! I know what you mean about that wet heavy snow becoming an ice block though. It was smart to get it moved before it froze.

Have a good evening all.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:16 AM   #27  

Good morning,

We survived windy conditions yesterday. Today is wfh and then after school, DD2 and I are going up to DD1, we are going wedding dress shopping. We will be staying at her house Friday and Saturday night and then will come home. I have a feeling a scope is in my future for my left leg, I will give it another week and if is still feeling the same going to go schedule it.

Beth glad you had a bit of a warm up.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:59 AM   #28  

Good morning chicks!
Pearlrose, I'm sorry your knee's acting up & hope you can enjoy your weekend as mother of the bride. It is a special time.
Beth, glad you're feeling better & looking forward to spring.
Lexxiss, hope your area is warming up.
The scale gave me some love this morning, it's going down again finally! I am feeling a little carb crash today, but know it will pass. I found the newer SB plan handbook online with a lot of good info. It does limit LP & HF portions & offers an exercise plan, which I haven't got to yet. It assumes using the packaged meals,shakes & bars, but is easy to adapt.
Happy Friday✌
Old 03-17-2019, 03:43 PM   #29  

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

We got back from DD1's. We had a great time and more importantly found the dress that she loved, so success. We canceled the afternoon appt at a different shop and went shopping. I found new blazer and shirt for my interviews coming on next week.

Cenari glad the scale is moving for you.

Have a great evening
Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM   #30  

Good morning chicks!
I've managed to stay on the new Ph1 5 days & lost 4#s, going for day 6. I'll take it & cautiously move onto 1.5 tomorrow. I feel like I have a much better handle of the plan now, especially planning & choices. I used to think one food's ok to eat & another's not, period. Now I'm paying more attention to portions & how much of each throughout the day, especially nuts & cheese. A few dishes I would have automatically added cheese, thinking it was ok, have been perfectly fine without. I guess I'm still learning.
Pearlrose, you're weekend sounds wonderful. I bet your DD looked beautiful.
Happy St Patrick's day, a day late to all🍀. I'm half Irish, actually 80+% per AncestryDNA and always make a boiled meal, this year will be corned beef. I'll have a little & lots of cabbage. Last year it was bangers. We'll be celebrating tomorrow, DH will be home tonight. I might have to have a few ounces of Guinness. It's so good with food. Did I mention I'm Irish?...lol
Have a beautiful Monday✌

Last edited by Ceneri; Yesterday at 10:03 AM.