South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-19-2018, 04:15 PM   #46  

Height: 5' 7"

Trying to post from my phone so we will see how it goes.

Today was full wfh day and Dd2 is off of school so a quiet day to get up. Tonight DH and I are going to see Jake Owen in concert, I have sat all day with leg up so that should help. I can tell a tiny difference for the better today. I took wrap off for most of the day but will put on before we go to bind knee.

Debbie hope the project is moving along for you.

Cenari sounds like your appt went well. My doggy got shots yesterday too.

Have a good evening
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #47  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning and happy Saturday, chicks.

I am enjoying my coffee and planning the day. DH and I might make a trip to look for some furniture; we'll see how that goes. Food is a mixed bag; right now the scale is stuck at last month's goal. Better than gaining I guess!

Rose, hope your knee is better and you enjoyed the concert.

Debbie, is this a restaurant day? Glad your bathroom project is moving along.

Cenari, enjoy your vineyard tour!

Have a good day everyone!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:40 AM   #48  

Good morning,

Brrr it's cold this morning in the 20s (where is fall). Yesterday, took it easy most of the day except for cleaning and a grocery run. My knee and ankle were a bit swollen I think from sitting without being straightening my leg at the concert which was great by the way. So iced and rested my leg for most of the day, today swelling is gone and right now feels better so we shall see how it goes.

Beth I made good food choices yesterday until the evening and then derailed ugh, today is a new day.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-21-2018, 09:43 AM   #49  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Rose, That first cold was sure miserable. We are having pretty nice weather right now. I hope it’s coming your way.

Beth, what kind of furniture?

Me, at the restaurant. I have only had one table so far. On Sunday yet it’s about 9 AM. Our first two ski areas open this weekend but for a very limited skiing. That will be nice when it picks up.

The sheet rock is all up and the mud guy is working this weekend. He is supposed come early this morning and then again later this evening. At that point it might be all finished or he needs to come again tomorrow morning. Then I can get the room painted and we can start our finishing work again. I’m sick of the mess in the house but there’s not much to do about it. Kirk keeps thinking he needs to start cleaning and I said there’s no point until they finish sanding the sheet rock.

Hope it picks up soon. I haven’t had my smoothie hand. I guess I will go pour it. Have a great Sunday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-21-2018 at 09:44 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:44 AM   #50  

Good morning, Rose (and everyone els)!
It's chilly here today as well; around 35* with the high not going above 40*. We often seem to skip the transitional seasons; we go straight from winter to summer and back. There's s*@# in the forecast but not the kind that sticks. It's sort of a local fact that we have to have at least a flurry before Halloween. (I grew up knowing you had to be able to put a coat under your costume lol)

Rose, I have this delusion that I can relax and indulge my food on Saturdays but the issue is always getting back on track Sunday morning. I was just surveying the freezer and coming up with the week's meal plan. It's the days I don't have a plan that I start thinking about getting takeout after work.

I got a lot of cleaning done yesterday so today it will be paperwork: lesson plans and bill paying plus some meal prep. I will also try to exercise to offset my late meeting days this week.

Have a great day chicks!
Old 10-21-2018, 10:49 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!
The cold weather is here too, but not as bad as your areas it seems. We lost power last night for a few hours during the strong winds. It was back this morning, thankfully.
Yesterday was def off plan with the vineyard tour & tastings. It ended w food pairings & I indulged in every bite. I never enjoyed 3 potato chips more...lol...along with the other tidbits & wines.
My weight just before was down another 1.5! I seem to be in losing mode this month. That puts my total loss since 7/5 at 20#s! DH even started to notice. I think I'll just try for another 5 by eoy with the holidays ahead. So, happily back on track today.
Beth, any luck furniture shopping? I need to stay on top of meal planning also, but usually only go 2-3 days at a time. Off plan days are getting easier to choose wisely most of the time tho.
Pearlrose, glad your seeing improvement with your knee. Sounds like the concert was worth it.
Lexxiss, seems like your bathroom's almost done. I agree any cleaning can wait until the worst is over.
I'm heading out to look at Parade of Homes today. We're starting to discuss a possible move. Our development isn't going as we were told & we realize room for Mom longer term would be nice. Right now, we move into a guest room upstairs when she stays.
Plus, I just love looking at new builds for fun!
Enjoy your Sundays, Chicks!✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:53 PM   #52  

Ugh lost my post, just going my work day has been going. Sitting at dentist waiting on check up and cleaning. Leg is better still stiff and achy but I can tell it’s getting better will keep taking Meds until complete.

Debbie sounds like bathroom is coming right along, I am sure you are ready for it to be done.

Beth what kind of furniture are you looking for?

Cenari glad you are losing weight I am just maintaining which is not good since I need to lose some but with my knee out haven’t been able to do normal exercises just upper body weights and sit ups.

Have a wonderful evening
Old 10-23-2018, 01:38 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chicks🙋
My doc ckup this morning went well. Wt & bp down, as I hoped, enough to start weaning off bp meds. I laughed when we pointed out my kidneys were like a 30 something's. Yay me...lol.
I've been a bit careless with my meal plan, so really need to refocus. We're traveling again Thurs-Sat, so DH can meet our newest granddaughter. Then, another friend visiting next week. Then, a trip to OH, which may last longer than planned. Long story, unexpected family medical issues I just learned about today. It's times like this I'm so grateful to be retired & available when needed.

Pearlrose, you're doing great with weight holding steady. Actually, knees & hips are big motivators for me to lose weight. Luckily, no problems yet. But, I've seen many go through them & know the 1st order is always, lose weight! Watch, I'll lose then start falling apart🙄

Beth & Lexxiss, hope all is well.

Have a great day, all✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:08 PM   #54  

Good afternoon, chicks.

Not much happening here. Busy days at work; trying to do a little exercise and make some good food choices. We did not end up furniture shopping; but did take another drive to see the leaves before they all fall. Ideally I would like to get a replacement bed to put in one of the kid's now empty room. Tomorrow the guy who is doing the new window treatments is supposed to stop by; hopefully he will have a status report on when the order will be in and can be installed.

Cenari, it is great that your check up was good and your numbers moving in the right direction. I think losing weight (and keeping it off!) are really key to aging gracefully. I am glad that being retired will let you help with family issues. It is a real juggle to work and deal with that.
Pearlrose, I am glad the knee is healing and hopefully you will be able to exercise a bit soon.
Debbie, hope you have a good day.

Later chicks!
Old 10-24-2018, 09:16 AM   #55  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

sorry I’ve missed being here. It’s been a few long and crazy days.

Ceneri, congratulations on your great numbers. That was my first real excitement on SBD. I got off BP meds in 3 months and have never had to start up again. Sorry to hear you have family medical issues.

Rose, glad to hear your knee is improving!

Beth, sounds like a long week at work. Fortunately Friday is around the corner.

Me, having a down morning. Time to just focus on one thing. Sheetrock and mid is done. I’m thinking I will just get the walls and ceiling painted today. A few other chores. My old cocker barged on the bed then again downstairs. She’s not feeling well. I think I’ll give it a day before going to the vet but I need to take the bedding down to laundromat. Just too mich “stuff” today. Maybe accomplishing the painting will make me feel better. My first thing will be to get dressed like Flylady says.
last night I ate chips for the first time in weeks. Not a good choice for feeling good, either.

Happy Thursday everyone...oh yeah, it’s trash day better roll the barrel out to the street.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:35 PM   #56  

Good evening,

Just got home from work, went in today for several meetings. Leg is bothering me today, it feels like it is getting better but then I will turn my leg or just walk and it will do a weird pop turn thing that is painful and will set it to aching again. I think I am going to have to schedule up a follow up with my doctor, I have been on anti inflammatory med for almost 10 days it runs out on Friday so it should be better. Other than that life goes on. DS and his GF are not getting the house after all, the loan company didn't realize DS was a contractor until last week and they told them they needed to put 20% percent down then, which they don't have so that is that until DS is hired on as an employee. My parents are leaving to go to Spain for two weeks tomorrow, glad one of my sister is going with them.

Cenari great news from the doc, I am sure losing some weight will help my knees and hip and foot issue, I carry most of my weight in my bottom half. I am lucky and don't have to be on meds for anything all of my blood work and blood pressure is great but have been eating this way on and off since 2006 so that might be why

Beth I am sure these are busy days at work for you. Hopefully your windows will be done soon

Debbie hope your doggie gets to feeling better soon. I hope you were able to finish painting, the end is almost near.

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 10-25-2018, 07:13 PM   #57  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hello!

Another busy day. Painting is finished....tomorrow Lirk will patch the old subfloor while Pat and iWork on Electrical. We are actually probably 2 weeks from finished. We might be held up because the new window doesn’t show up for a week. Oh,well. It will sure be nice to have a shower again. Food was my so great yesterday but I made the effort and made cabbage and kielbasa. It was delicious!

Tomorrow is is a new day then back to the restaurant on Saturday.

TGIF everyone! (Soon)
Old 10-25-2018, 07:55 PM   #58  

Good evening, chicks.

Debbie, you must be feeling like the end is (almost) in sight! Hang in there; it will be worth it! Hooray for making an effort on food.

Rose, hope you get some answers on the knee. Sometimes it takes a second visit (or opinion) to get the right treatment.

Cenari, hope your week is going well.

I also made the effort and did not give in to the takeout/go out urge. We made burger at home (no bun for me) and I had one of the last garden tomatoes with it. I will be happy tomorrow when I step on the scale, I am sure.

Looking forward to Friday.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:05 PM   #59  

Good evening,

Busy day at work, went to a luncheon for coworker who is retiring. We all discussed work situation and not knowing where we stand with our positions, everyone feels the same way. The doctor's office called yesterday and they are referring me to Orthopedic doc so hopefully can figure out what is going on, felt better today only a couple of pop turns today. Tonight we are staying home, DD2 has competition but its a rainy wet night so we are not going since we are going to her competition tomorrow. DH, DD1 and I went and voted today to get it done.

Debbie can't wait to see the after pictures.

Beth good job avoiding bad choices.

Have a great evening
Old 10-27-2018, 08:44 AM   #60  

Good morning, chicks.

I'm enjoying my slow-sipping morning coffee right now (love the weekend!) but soon will get some breakfast. I think today is the day we will try to haul DH's recliner back to the store. Last month the mechanism for reclining broke. The brand claims there is a "lifetime warranty" so we are testing it out! With rain predicted this afternoon we should do it this morning. I'll let you know if we make it.
I'm holding at last month's goal weight; I'm not sure if I can expect a bit of a drop before month's end or not; I will try to make good choices this weekend since that is when I usually go off the rails.

Rose, hope you can get some answers on the knee. I know how frustrating it is to not be mobile.
Debbie, hope the job is getting close to being done.
Cenari, have a good weekend.

Off to find an OP breakfast!

Last edited by Beth19; 10-27-2018 at 08:44 AM.