South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-01-2018, 10:57 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Diet, October Daily Thread

Good Morning!

Welcome to October!

Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit
("Rabbit rabbit rabbit" is a superstition found in Britain and North America wherein a person says or repeats the words "rabbit", "rabbits" and/or "white rabbits" aloud upon waking on the first day of a month, to ensure good luck for the rest of it.)

We are a small group following South Beach Diet. We have found that daily check ins help us to stay on track. We talk about just about anything. If you're new to the plan-jump right in!

Here's to a great month ahead!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-01-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:15 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning!

I made it through my restaurant weekend OP. I'm feeling pretty solid on plan right now. I brought Kirk a "cooks mistake"for dinner and made my own burrito to enjoy with his since his was pretty high cal. We slept in a bit and now the household is back in high functioning mode.

I had the great idea that my girlfriend and I might renovate the small bathroom downstairs while he was in Alaska but he convinced me that what we ought to do instead is renovate the full bath upstairs. Whew. A huge project but we have talked it through and my disclaimer was ok with him....it probably won't be finished in 2 weeks and could very well take up to 6. I believe we can keep the toilet functioning while we do demolition but once the tub/shower are gone there won't be another until we are finished. It's quite a project but will be so nice once complete. I hate showering and won't even consider a bath in the existing tub....for numerous reasons. The time of year couldn't be better....warm and no snow yet summer activities have wound down....pre holiday, too.
So....that's the news here.

My friend is coming over this morning so we can assess and come up with a game plan. She was my partner to Alaska and is the one who always helps me with the rentals. The two of us together are pretty qualified.

These projects always keep me motivated to keep my food choices pretty close to plan. I could not even begin to think about these projects at my high weight and never want to go back.

What's on everyone's agenda?

Have a great Monday!
Old 10-01-2018, 04:26 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Thanks for getting us started Debbie, no way to I feel qualified to tackle a bathroom project, wish I did because our needs to be done too. I made it thru the weekend on plan so feeling pretty good food wise. Tomorrow DH and I signed up for a crazy trip. we are pulling DD2 and one of her friends out of school at noon and driving up to Chicago (4 hrs) for them to go to a BTS concert. DH and I will hang out with my niece who lives there until concert is over and then we are driving back home, since they have school the next morning. Think good thoughts for me

Here's to an entire month of op eating for us.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:35 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening, chicks.

I did NOT wrap up the weekend on plan...so today is back to it. I have items planned for dinner (crack slaw!!) and have done pretty well today. Now to not get crazy with snacking before bed. I did manage to walk both days, and do a few hours of yard work so that's something. I am going for 2 more pounds this month.

Pearlrose, that is indeed a crazy trip for you! Stay safe and have a nice visit with your niece.

Debbie, your bathroom reno sounds intimidating to me but I think you are qualified for the challenge! Me? I'm paying someone else to do my window coverings and exterior doors.

Here's to an OP October!

Last edited by Beth19; 10-02-2018 at 02:56 PM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 194/186/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!

Thanks for kicking off Oct,Lexxiss! I'm impressed you're tackling the bathroom project. Like Beth, I'm the hire it out type & can hardly stand those disruptions anymore after past major remodels. It will be nice when you get it done & very satisfying I would imagine.
Pearlrose, that's quite a day trip to Chicago. Enjoy! I read they opened an AmazonGo store there that would be something to see.
Beth, I'm back at it as well.
Yesterday, completely got away from me & never quite got going. I spent a good amount getting our gadgets cleaned up, synced & TV back to live, which we do for Fall & Winter. YouTube TV is awesome! We haven't had cable or satellite since moving. DH is happy & ready for post season baseball.
I also got some nice mums & fall stuff out. The front porch is all set, just need a few pumpkins.
Temps are cooling down, but colors are behind this year. A nice, long Fall sounds good to me.
Have a lovely day, Chicks ✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:12 PM   #6  

Good afternoon, chicks. I'm home from school a bit early; soon I will psych myself up to do an exercise tape. It is barely 50* and raining here today; the gross kind of fall weather. I'm hoping for some sun this weekend since we have Monday off from school but in the meantime I will be staying inside.

Food was better yesterday. Since I weigh every day I knew that yesterday's high number was a temporary thing from the weekend indulgences; amazing how you can get a swing of a couple of pounds overnight! Another day of OP eating should undo it and then I will be focused on losing a bit more.

Cenari, funny how all that home and life maintenance stuff can eat up the bulk of the day. I love putting out the mums for fall. My only problem is I want to buy every color when I got shopping!

Rose, hope your trip goes well.

Debbie, did you get the game plan together for the bathroom?

Have a good rest of your Tuesday everyone.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:01 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Ceneri, Your fall display sounds really beautiful! When I went by the store the other day the pumpkins are everywhere.

Beth, hope the weather improves. I am always impressed that youíre exercising after you get home from work.

Rose, I hope your trip went off without a hitch and that the girls had fun at the concert.

Me... moving right along with the project. We got about half of the walls torn out yesterday. Itís quite messy stuff. I am heading down to Home Depot early. Since this was a spur of the moment Project, I really need my ducks in a row as to what is going to go back in. I had already picked the Victorian bathtub ages ago. Itís a freestanding clawfoot made from volcanic composite. Itís spend he, but not as heavy as cast iron and more durable than acrylic. Think I have identified my cabinets from Home Depot. Iím going to go down this morning and look at one of the bigger stores to see if I can further that plan. My girlfriend had relatives in from Atlanta yesterday afternoon so we are not going to start until 1030 this morning. That gives me time to make my smoothie and get my kitchen back in order. The good news for these projects is the scale always goes down. LOL

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-03-2018, 02:07 PM   #8  

Good afternoon,

Whew we got home at 345 a.m. this morning. Slept til 7 and then had to wake up the girls for school and then I came home and started working, I see an early night for me. The girls had a great day and we had an enjoyable evening with my nieces. Food was not op last night so need to get back to it. It is a humid 93 degrees here today, crazy weather

Beth I do like being able to jump back on the wagon so quickly, I did not get on the scale due to hardly any sleep figured it would be out of whack as well.

Cenari sounds like you are all ready for fall.

Debbie I am watching you worked and know you will do great work can't wait to see the finished project.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:55 PM   #9  

Hey chicks. No exercise after work for me today (and after all that praise from you!); I got home too late after Robotics club. At least there are leftovers that need to be eaten so I don't have to cook tonight.

Pearlrose, that would be way too late for me! I hate the groggy feeling I have when I have no sleep. Early bed indeed.

Debbie, sounds like the bathroom will be awesome when you finish! There are so many choices and decisions for these projects that sometimes it is almost overwhelming. Sounds like you have a plan though.

Cenari,hope you had a good day.

Happy Peak of the Week!
Old 10-04-2018, 11:48 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hello! Just finished a long day. The project moves forward. Laundromat ok too. Just got back from cleaning it so wonít have to do in morning.
Rest of the house is a wreck now. May try to pick up in am.
Food was sparse today but I did have my supercharged smoothie. Going to have a bison hotdog and some vegetarian baked beans. That was what appeared when I went searching. Better than fast food.
Tomorrow back to the project-maybe recycling too.
Good night.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:18 PM   #11  

Good evening, chicks.

Debbie, hotdog and baked beans sounds like the kind of thing I would rummage up after a long day! Last night was Crack Slaw with ground turkey and tonight was fish. Good to hear the project is moving forward.

Busy week at school but we have Monday off, which is nice. I am hoping for a bit of sun sometime this weekend so I can finish up the garden chores. We had our first frost this week so it is officially time to pull out the dead tomato plants, although the petunias by the front porch seem to still be alive. Other than that it will be mostly weekend chores and some "chill" time. Not to mention trying to stay OP.

Cenari and Pearlrose!

Have a good evening.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 194/186/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chicks!
Monday really set my tone for the week, basically, I'm not sure where it went. My weight's down 1.5#s, which is just hovering above last month's goal...grrr.
We had salmon tonight & I made op succatash as a side. It was yummy!
We're attending a food truck festival tomorrow & I have mixed feelings. The lobster roll vendor (less the roll) got me excited tho.
Lexxiss, your tub sounds amazing! Losing during an enduring project makes sense. You should indulge some, keep your strength up & enjoy it!
Pearlrose, I don't even like driving after dark anymore...lol & think I couldn't keep up with your schedule. You are inspiring!
Beth, savor your long weekend! You deserve some down time.
DD2 finally asked us to stay when baby comes next week😅. They have a bunch of pets, dogs, cats, chickens that need taken care of. Not my thing, but they survived last year while I cared for them for over a week..lol. I have yet to fill in DH. He won't be happy leaving our dogs, but that will be two too many that aren't used to each other, unlike w DD1's dogs. I can only hope he'll join me.
You all sound very independent w supportive DHs, mine usually is, but I sometimes feel torn with loyalties.
Sorry, probably tmi...lol
Have great weekends ya'll✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:58 AM   #13  

Good morning,

Sorry didn't post for a couple of days, its been a crazy busy week, I had something going on every night of the week. I slept in this morning and it felt great. So I learned something too this week, I had been having some stomach issues after breakfast, felt great before and then crappy afterwards. When we were in Chicago, my niece (who kind of has same food allergies as me) said I can't eat eggs for breakfast because they have started upsetting my stomach. So I decided to experiment and cut out the eggs out of my breakfast and guess what no stomach ache. That is the weirdest thing to me maybe I have ate them for too long and need a break. Anyways I will lay off of them for a while (month) and then reintroduce and see if they cause same symptoms. Got to listen to your body, but it is weird to me that I have allergic reactions to good food and not junk food. So far, I know Apples, Almond (can only have a very small amount with no symptoms), Cherries, Pineapples and now Eggs.

Today I have to run into work, they changed my login ID and I have to be on the network and make sure everything is working. DH wanted to go to Fright Fest but I think we are waiting til tomorrow, I am hoping it cools down I am over 90 degree weather.

Debbie hope the project is going smooth for you

Cenari sounds like you will have your hands full

Beth glad you get off on Monday enjoy the long weekend.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:28 AM   #14  

Good morning, chicks.

I'm enjoying a slow Saturday morning (although I already did a small load of laundry lol). Soon I think DH and I will take a little walk, but then it looks like rain this afternoon. I'm hoping tomorrow's weather will allow a little garden clean up time.

Weight is stuck right now; just a bit above last month's goal. I am going to try to make this weekend OP with only a few conscious splurges. If I can hold it to some multigrain toast and a glass of red wine I figure I'm doing well!

Rose, I know about those crazy work weeks! My days are non-stop and packed so that when so that when I sit down after dinner I am done. It's funny that eggs seem to bother you all of a sudden but I know our bodies change throughout our lives. We have officially broken through into fall weather.

Cenari, I would be so excited waiting for the baby! Enjoy the outing today.

Debbie, we are thinking about taking on some more items to our house project: we might do the kitchen counters....which means a new dish washer for sure, and possible a stove.

Have a good day, all.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:30 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hello! Home from the restaurant. It was a bit of a rough day we were short staffed. Also had to clean the the laundry mat before I went in. I am sitting in my chair off my feet right now but I think I will go up and scrape some old tile off the bathroom floor. Being on my knees wonít bother me. I need to keep this project moving forward.

Food has been good and I am really going to try to make a mindful choice tonight. I brought a little pancake batter home but may try for a whole wheat English muffin with eggs instead.

Ceneri, Thereís not much that is TMI here. Itís a good place to say things you wouldnít feel comfortable saying to someone face-to-face. Talking about small frustrations helps with the food thing. I think anyway.

Rose, I hope next week is calmer for you. Interesting about the eggs. I havenít been eating many lately but will have scrambled eggs tonight, I think.

Beth, I think itís nice to start thinking about those home projects. Leaves you sometime for inspiration. LOL. I think itís nice to start thinking about those home projects. Leaves you sometime for inspiration. LOL. I hope your walk was nice. Enjoy it while we can.

OK I am going to try to work on this floor then go to bed early. I will check in after work tomorrow again.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-06-2018 at 06:31 PM.