South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-07-2018, 01:52 AM   #16  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good evening!

Just trying to get back into the swing of things. We arrived at The beach house last night. We actually got into Anchorage about 230 but got a new windshield installed and did some errands before we left town. It was a Whirlwind trip. We did the 3400 mile trip in 72 hours start to finish. We were both fairly tired still this morning but did manage to get some projects done. The car still isn’t fully unpacked and it seems the house is pretty unorganized. We are going to make the 77 mile trip back up the road to do some shopping tomorrow morning. We will plan to get back early before weekend warriors come out.

food is just so so right now. Not too good not too bad. I am missing my morning smoothie for sure. It looks like weather will cooperate for us.

I will I’ll check in when I cam
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey, Chicks!
Ugh! I had a reply all typed & didn't submit & lost it.
So, just a quick check in for now, wishing you all an awesome weekend!
More tomorrow.
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:41 PM   #18  

Height: 5' 5"

Quick check in here as well. I'm glad it is Friday night; I'm always tired the first week back to school. (Ok, maybe I'm tired most Friday nights) It takes a while to get back into the groove.

Did some exercise mowing again today. The riding mower is currently being repaired and we wanted to do some damage control so the front lawn doesn't look too shaggy. I enjoy productive exercise and it shows off the flowers better so it's a win-win.

Have a good evening.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 09:29 AM   #19  

Good morning chicks!

It's a lovely Saturday here this morning. We have fall-like weather today: sunny and low 70s; I will take a month of that! I have laundry going and will soon take a walk. After that it will be some cleaning and chores.

Debbie, glad you arrived safely! I know you have lots to do there.

Rose, enjoy the weekend!

Cenari, have a great day!
Old 09-09-2018, 09:49 AM   #20  

Good morning!

Thanks, Beth. Yesterday was one of those days, I'm not sure where it went...lol.
The scale finally is going down again... woohoo! My exercise 'plan' on the other hand continues to falter. I realize trying to commit when I'll be gone the next 3 weekends is likely doomed for failure anyway. So, I'm just making an effort to get some activity daily & will revisit the plan come Oct.
Pearlrose & Lexxiss, hope all is well.
Have a beautiful Sunday, Chicks ✌
Old 09-10-2018, 06:54 PM   #21  

Happy Monday, chicks.

Cool and rainy here but at least we don't get hurricanes. I guess it evens out in the winter....

Standard day of work, a little exercise and now that dinner is cleaned up I will do a little more work. I have no idea why but giving/grading assignments on the computer seems less like "working at home" than when I haul home papers.

My veggies had too many off plan splurges this weekend so I am aiming to stay focused the rest of the week. I really would like to see a small weight drop this month. DH mad some veggies soup with beans last night and tonight I made roasted veggies. Yum.

Cenari, hope you are safe.

Rose, did you make it home? I hope you had a good time with family.

Debbie, thinking of you!

See you all tomorrow.

Last edited by Beth19; 09-10-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:21 PM   #22  

Height: 5' 7"

Good evening,

Made it home last night and today was just a whirlwind of meetings, go in for one and then back to doing lots of reports. Have lots more to do at work but makes the days go by quicker. Had a wonderful time with the family. Lot's of driving Friday and yesterday but was lovely Friday evening and Saturday for the wedding. Food not so good, scale is up a few lbs today so working on getting that back down.

Beth, we have some nice weather right now, it rained all weekend here so all activities were canceled and DD2 was able to come to the wedding as well

Cenari glad the scale is going down, I am doing a 14 day yoga program that started today.

Debbie glad you made it there safely, enjoy your time.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:32 AM   #23  

Good morning!
You may have heard about the latest hurricane threat (read sarcasm, the news makes me a little crazy). Living in WNC, we are keeping a close eye on the forecasts & preparing. We're actually supposed to be going east Fri to babysit & have a coastal place rented in 2wks. We'll just have to wait & see what Florence has in store.
On another note, this day, 9/11, is always a somber reminder of the many lives tragically lost & impacted that day. In honor of those, I will pray for their peace, appreciate the positive in our world & try to be a small part of what is good.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:28 PM   #24  

Good evening,

just finishing up work and getting ready to make dinner. Scale went down today so sure that was water weight. Still have about 2 more lbs to go, couple more days of op should do it.

Remembering 9/11 today very sad day.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:11 PM   #25  

Yes, today is a very sad day indeed. DH and I were remembering where we were and all that; it's funny that most of my current students were born after the event. Time passes quickly.

Busy day today; meeting after school that went long, came home and exercised while dinner was in the oven. Rose, I made lasagna with those lentil noodles.

See you tomorrow, chicks.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:31 PM   #26  

Hi Chicks,

Congrats Pearlrose, on chasing those pounds away so quickly! Water weight is weight in my opinion. If it comes off, we don't need it.
Beth, you are my hero! Exercising & lasagna after a day teaching is amazing. I was teaching 3rd grade in 2001. Of all the trauma that day, telling them was one of the worst. Not sure if I said before, I taught elementary, mostly grades 1-3 in OH. I started later, after an earlier career in accounting & management. I got 10yrs teaching in & was able to retire early when DH was ready. I think of myself as retired 'for now' at 57 & threaten another career if I ever get bored...lol. Hasn't happened yet tho.

With the weather & so much uncertainty in plans this weekend, I'm having trouble focusing on exercise (latest excuse), but menu's been good.

Have a good day, all!✌
Old 09-12-2018, 01:27 PM   #27  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good day everyone! It’s still morning here in Alaska. Sorry I haven’t been around. Very busy and the difference in time kind of messes everything up. I go out and work in the yard in the mornings because my friend sleeps in. I’ve been up since 530 and she is still sleeping at 9:30. I imagine she will be up soon because our neighbor is coming over for our annual chat up on the deck.

our time here is coming to a close. We are not starting any new projects just finishing the old. We fly out tomorrow night at 6:30 PM.

Ceneri, I hope you are not severely impacted by the upcoming storm. I suppose it’s already there by now.

this is the first 9/11 I Was here in Alaska. I went out on my porch yesterday and it brought back many of the vivid memories I had the day the tragedy unfolded. I will never forget.

I think I’d better go take a shower. Before the neighbor shows up. Take care everyone! I will be back soon.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 03:52 PM   #28  

Good afternoon,

Stopping by for a quick check in, this week has been so busy at work. Nothing on the agenda this evening, need to get control over evening snacking again, was doing so well before the trip.

Cenari hope the hurricane is not headed in your direction.

Debbie sounds like you are enjoying Alaska.

Beth hope school is going well.

Have a great evening
Old 09-12-2018, 07:46 PM   #29  

Debbie, good to hear from you. Glad the trip is productive so far. Your friend's sleeping habits made me smile; left to our own rhythms DH and I are offset a couple hours on sleep and wake.

Cenari, I don't have the energy to teach little kids! Plus all those bulletin boards intimidate me. lol

Rose, work is always busy for me too. I needed to get back to the work week to curb my weekend splurging!

Have a good evening, chicks.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:49 AM   #30  

Hey, Chicks🙋
Good to see all your updates.
A deck in Alaska sounds lovely, Lexxiss. Enjoy those moments & safe travels back.
Pearlrose, I remember busy catch-up weeks after time away & often wondered if it was worth it. It was😉
Beth, bulletin boards were a labor of love for me & chance to be creative, for a few years anyway...lol. The little ones are exhausting too. I never understood how some could teach 30+yrs. Many were pretty burned out I learned. But, thank goodness for anyone teaching our kids, at any age.
My scale dropped 2#s this week! I finally feel settled into phase2, more like hovering between 1.5 -2, but a good place for me.
The hurricane hasn't ruined our travel plans yet, we're watching the updates closely, as are many. I'm very nervous about my daughter flying tomorrow, any changes will likely be last minute. So far, Flo is just menacing the coast.
Hope all ya'll have great days ✌