South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-01-2018, 07:27 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Daily Chat July 2018

Good morning. Here is the new thread for the month of July.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:31 AM   #2  

Good morning. New month, new resolve for staying OP. At the end of the month I would like to be 2 pounds less than today.

We are under a heat advisory today with a high of 95* and a heat index well over 100*. I've got a load of laundry going but other than watering the garden later I probably will hide inside today. Thank heaven for AC!

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 07-01-2018, 09:04 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit! Here's to a new month where we all stay op. I did have a planned cheat dinner but watched what I ate for the rest of the day yesterday and did not over do dinner. Concert was good so grateful it was indoor venue.

Beth this is our fourth day in a row of heat advisory and our heat index is at 110 degrees which is crazy hot with the humidity. I have not tackled the weeds at all and will wait to til the heat passes.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:47 AM   #4  

Good morning! Another scorching hot day today; 90+ with humidity. I will take a walk in a minute and then water the veggies. Ideally I would do a little weeding but we will see if I manage that.

Here's to an OP day! (luckily I don't want to turn on the oven on a day like today; salads appeal to me!)
Old 07-02-2018, 11:45 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! I’m on the run again but wanted to say hello. I got some good rest last night and slept in this morning. Had to order a laundromat part now I’m headed over to my sisters to help her set up her irrigation system. She’s going out of town for two weeks so we have to roll. I had a protein drink just now so that will give me started right with food for the day.

Happy Monday!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:54 AM   #6  

Good morning chicks!

It's a broken record here: we are in a week long heat wave that is setting temperature records. The report is that tomorrow we may break the record for hottest 4th of July ever (in our village).

In spite of that DH and I have taken an early morning walk the last 2 days and I have managed a little garden time. Today I need to run out to the grocery store but then I may do some weeding in whatever corner of the flower bed is still in the shade. Food has been mostly OP; it's easy to eat salads when it is so hot. I made taco meat Sunday and have eaten taco salads for the last couple days.

Here's to a good day!
Old 07-03-2018, 08:38 AM   #7  

Good morning,

Looks like I forgot to post yesterday, thought I did. Our heat index has dropped but we are still in the 90s for temperatures. Last night, DH and I went to the Muny to see Singing in the Rain, it was really good. Lucky for me this week I am wfh unless something comes up. I am off tomorrow and that is it, prefer when a Holiday is on a Monday or Friday versus middle of week but I will take it. Tonight DH and I are going to a baseball game and then catching the fireworks, I don't want to stay out late tomorrow since i have to work on Thursday.

Beth I hear you, I have been eating a lot of salads and they are yummy, so that helps us to stay op

Debbie I hope you get your sisters irrigation system set up. Having a plan helps us to stay op.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:13 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Rose, have fun at the baseball game tonight! It sure is nice when there are all these summer events to attend. Sure nice, as well, that you get to work from home so often.

Beth, glad you’re getting your walks in despite the heat wave. Stay cool and remember that awful winter when you’re so hot. LOL

I may actually have a day to myself. We did not finish the irrigation project but the hardest part is done. I’m pretty impressed with how it’s turning out. My sister has medical appointments in Glenwood today so I’ve decided to work in my own yard instead of finishing hers. I also have lots of paperwork and my initial thought was to get that out-of-the-way first but I think it’s smarter to work in the yard while it’s cool. Our highest supposed to be only 82°
Old 07-04-2018, 09:26 AM   #9  

Happy 4th of July,

Whew it is hot out there already, we are under heat advisory again, DH wants to go to parade this morning, I said I would go so I guess I will go. Yesterday had a few off plan food choices going to try and make today as op as possible.

Debbie glad you got the hardest part done yesterday, sounds like you have a good plan for today, though I wish we had your weather

Old 07-04-2018, 10:53 AM   #10  

Good morning and happy 4th!

Rose, we are also under a heat advisory; 97* plus humidity. There is a parade this afternoon but I'm not sure we will go; I took a walk already and the heat was already building.

Food is mostly OP and my weight is holding steady but I would like to tighten things up and lose a bit this summer. Tonight we will grill burgers and chicken sausages but I will have to think of some good side dishes.

Debbie, hope your sister is doing well and the projects are continuing to move forward.

Have a good day.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:03 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good afternoon and happy Fourth of July!

I have been working on different projects all morning. I’ve had a lot of paperwork accomplished which is helpful. Just spent two hours over on the irrigation project then kind of hit the wall. Came home for a little break I had my smoothie for breakfast but now I need to eat something and go back for a while. I might be back later.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:30 AM   #12  

Good morning chicks!

Not much to report today, It is still hot (the heat wave ends tomorrow), I have been eating 80% OP but getting in activity with gardening, walks and yesterday I did some Pilates. I've been chipping away at a to do list that includes paperwork and phone calls but not my cleaning. lol We are on the downside of our strawberry season so today I will go to the nearest Amish farm and get several quarts to freeze and perhaps make some SF freezer jam.

Debbie, hope today's projects go well.
Rose, have a good day at work. Is DD2 keeping busy?

Have a good day.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:32 AM   #13  

Good morning,

We left for parade at 9:30 and stayed until 2 p.m., we watched the air show. It was very hot outside, we took a break for lunch and went to a restaurant so that helped. I did get my steps in yesterday. Today is wfh and should be fairly quiet a lot of people took the whole week off.

Beth hope you were able to stay cool yesterday

Debbie sounds like you got a lot done yesterday

Old 07-06-2018, 03:11 PM   #14  

Hey there, happy Friday.

Our heatwave broke overnight and today is pleasantly cool (70* instead of 95*!) I hardly even broke a sweat on my walk this morning.

Not much happening today. In a short bit I will make some SF freezer jam with the berries I got yesterday. I also have a cookie sheet of individual berries in the freezer. I always freeze them singly before bagging them so they don't clump together.

Hope you are having a good day!
Old 07-06-2018, 03:36 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hello!

I am sitting in the car at Carbondale, a little town up Valley from Glenwood. Over for a chiropractor appointment and will go to the pool then just make a turnaround. Kirk got home yesterday morning and we slept most of the day. That helped me to catch up on rest. I have finished my sisters irrigation system this morning and she is leaving on her trip as we speak. Driving to Portland, Seattle then back to Colorado. We are going to meet her at the pool later. The good news is she has a pretty nice container garden and I get to pick up all of the lettuces while she is gone. That should make for some good salads. Well Kirk is back I must keep moving. Happy Friday!