South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 07:15 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick check in for me, I am sad to report that my MIL passed away yesterday, she fell on Monday night and would not go to hospital until yesterday and she was not responsive yesterday and she passed at 2:45 p.m. yesterday. She was a great MIL, she was like a second mother to me. We are leaving for Texas tomorrow morning. I have to go in to work today to shuffle things around. The funeral is on Monday.

Take care all of those with all of the snow.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 03-07-2018 at 07:19 AM.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:28 PM   #17  

Height: 5' 5"

Pearlrose, so sorry to hear your news. Have a safe trip. Thoughts and prayers to your family.

Regular work day for me. I guess it was a success since we didn't get much snow and I managed to exercise.

Have a good evening all.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:54 AM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Wintry Wednesday from snowy Delta. I thought this was supposed to be over! Now my nearly green grass is gone.

Just time for a quick post but wanted to offer my condolences to Rose on the death of her Mother. She certainly was a lovely woman and left you too soon.

Off to Lenten studies this morning, foot care at 1:30 and then a difficult session at the bank who screwed up our travel insurance which we MUST have or Florida trip is off. Grrr! Good news is that my weight is down a bit so something is going right.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:32 AM   #19  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Rose, I am so sorry to hear of your MIL passing. Such a difficult time. What a beautiful woman. Safe travels you and your family are in my prayers.

Up and trying to figure my schedule for the day. Many items on the list and I want to cross a lot off the list. A trip to Denver is required-just haven’t decided when.

Have a good Thursday everyone.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:57 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 210/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning. My condolences, Pearlrose. <<<hugs>>> Safe travels!

Congrats on the weight loss, Ruth, and good luck with the travel insurance! We travel a lot and I would never travel without it.

We got 14 inches yesterday and overnight but the roads aren't too bad this morning so I am back at work. It is very pretty and we are lucky to have power so I can't complain. And the scale went down again for my sister and me so we can't complain about that either.

Have a good day, everyone!!
Old 03-08-2018, 05:34 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Evening everyone

Pearlrose safe travels. Thinking of you and your family during this sad time.

Debbie hope life slows down a little for you soon.

Ruth hope you got a good report from the foot doctor.

Beth Kathy and I got enough snow for everyone. Kathy we got 18” but I did burn a lot of calories shoveling it LOL

My dr appt was not canceled even though they did not have any computers working. Very happy to say I am down 2 pounds for the month even with clothes on LOL. I do need to go back Wednesday for blood work. I did fast for the appointment but they weren’t able to order labs without the computers. My tummy was super noisy at the appointment and could not wait to eat LOL.

I was going to shovel the deck when I got home but I am completely exhausted. I shoveled / snoblower last night but could not keep up with it. Had a fresh 6 plus inches this morning. So I quietly shoveled at 5:30 this morning. It actually was pretty and peaceful.

Tonight will be a super early bed time. Looking forward to the end of the work week tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:07 PM   #22  

Evening chicks. Busy day today with lots of stuff going on after work.

Jennifer and Kathy we got 4-5 inches of wet heavy snow today; messy but I barely even shoveled. Sounds like both of you got way more than enough!! Did either of you lose power?

Ruth, hope you got the insurance worked out. Our grass is hiding for the time being.

Debbie, life sounds crazy busy for you!

Pearlrose, safe travels.

Glad tomorrow is Friday; it has been a long week.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:09 AM   #23  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, it seems spring has been cancelled as we have six inches of white stuff all over my world. March is such a nasty girl! Richard will be here shortly to plough us out so we won't suffer too much. I hope everyone to the South of me is dug out and functional.

Today has to be better than yesterday when everything I did seemed difficult. Still no trip insurance, my morning Lent study session was cancelled as our minister and two of the participants had to go to an emergency call, then I went to see the crabby footcare nurse and Bruce's cousin dropped in and stayed for supper. So glad I had extra food on hand.

Today? A Seniors' noon dinner where the Parson and I are going to sing some Irish songs. This is a monthly program from our local clinic for socialization and is hard going sometimes - Bruce and I are definitely seniors but very lively compared to the cane and wheelchair folk. In some cases the monthly dinner is the only outing for these folks so ... The food is always waaaay off my plan for the day and always includes a very rich homemade dessert and a weird salad, often with marshmallows!

Hugs to all and remember ... "This too shall pass!"
Old 03-09-2018, 09:24 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 210/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning. Ruth, I certainly hope today is easier than yesterday!

We are fortunate to live in a townhouse so no shoveling for us, except for the back deck. We try to keep it clear enough for the doggies to be able to go out there. They love it so! We are responsible for digging out our cars, but I have discovered this wonderful local young man who does it for us for $20 a car. Money well spent to my mind. Of course, the downside is no calories burned.

This weekend will be my first real test in staying OP. We are going to a fundraiser with friends. It is a wine tasting with "snacks." We plan to eat before we go and limit ourselves to one glass. We shall see.

Have a great weekend, ladies!

Kathy
Old 03-09-2018, 07:30 PM   #25  

Evening, chicks.

Busy day at work which wrapped up a long week. I think the kids all have cabin fever right now! I will be grateful for Saturday, when I do not have to get up to an alarm or herd cats............I mean, students. lol

Ruth, we had several more inches overnight but there were a few peeks of sun today. This March is indeed being nasty! Hope you had a good day.

Kathy, I totally understand the mixed news about shoveling. Personally I don't mind it as long as I'm not frantically shoveling in order to get to work on time! Good luck with the fundraiser and food choices. I guess that is what this whole SB thing is about, living life while making good choices.

Have a good evening, chicks.

Last edited by Beth19; 03-09-2018 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:14 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

I was so happy to have a late start at work on Thursday as I needed it to shovel. The dr appt wasn’t cancelled but their computers were still out since the last storm so I have to go back next week for blood work. I was VERY happy my scale matched theirs. My area stilll has several spots without power. Fortunately I live by a very busy intersection so I think we get priority when we are out. I did lose power again with the snow but not for more than a few hours.

Kathy a plan and having your sister’s support should really help you at the event. The last event I went to it was easy for me to pass on the horsdevours as I had gum surgery and needed to cut up everything I ate. I don’t recommend that option LOL. Have a good time

Beth I too enjoy just waking up without an alarm. Granted I am still up around my regular wake up 04:45. Although today I slept in until 6:15. Not rushing today just going to enjoy being slow lol

Ruth spring is coming I promises. Just think it will be summer in Key West when you get there!!!

Debbie hope you are well.
Hugs to Pearlrose

Joe comes back tonight from Florida so I will probably take a ride north tomorrow. He enjoyed his time with his son and is only home for less than two weeks before he leaves for Arizona to visit his daughter. It is so much easier to stay OP when he is away LOL. Although he did tell me last night he needs to get back on track too. He’s not overweight he feels sluggish. He did join the gym and is going regularly which should be helping. Except he eats really big manly man size portions! We are going to work on that LOL.

Otherwise just the usual weekend stuff for me. Don’t forget we lose an hour tonight. I know me I will go to bed a little earlier tonight. Have a great day!
Old 03-10-2018, 01:17 PM   #27  

I was sure I posted this morning but maybe I just read the news.....

Anyway, it has been a productive morning of the usual weekend stuff: laundry and cleaning. Now I'm admiring my handiwork while I relax. Later I think DH and I will go to BJs since our coffee is getting low (and we cannot let that happen!)

Jennifer, DS1 and I were talking this morning and agreed we both like Saturdays because when you wake up at your normal time you can simply lounge in bed. Enjoy your day off.

Kathy, good luck at the fundraiser today and don't beat yourself up if you indulge a bit.

Thinking of you Pearlrose. Hope your travels are safe.

Weight was up a bit this morning since I indulged a bit last night (can you say fish fry?) but I am committed to making mostly good choices this weekend. So far so good; that means I'm 1/4 of the way through, right??

Have a great day, chicks.

Last edited by Beth19; 03-10-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Closed Thread